Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2012, 19:39 Sepharo

I don't like to speak in absolutes. I don't think the Republicans are always wrong and I sure as hell don't think the Democrats are always right. But I'm going to have a hard time ever voting for a Republican as long as that party is still the party where ignorance is something to be proud of. The rhetoric that many of them use about "elitism" and "ivory towers" the "I don't believe in evolution" and "this is a Christian nation" etc... I won't ever be on board with that.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2012, 17:01 Beamer

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 00:37:
Cutter wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 23:42:
AnointedSword wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 23:20:
Big business huh? GOP has been fighting for the rights of small businesses for years. Because anyone with half a brain knows a small business can turn into (gasp) big business! /bitesnails What, you support big government? Watch what you wish for, big business you can walk away from...big government will force its will on you...big difference...

Your delusions would be funny if they weren't so sad. It never ceases to boggle my mind how disconnected from reality you GOP supporters are. GOP = tax breaks for the rich/big biz only. Democrats = working people/small business.

This is actually the problem in our county. You guys cheer your side like a sports team. Meanwhile, both sides are for whatever makes them money and keeps them in power. And you're all so fired up fighting over whose side is better that you can't see them laughing at you.

The sports team analogy is one I throw out often, too.
People get caught up in it. I can't imagine rational people being against birth control, but a few key politicians come out against it and whoosh, there goes half the country.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2012, 13:48 VoodooV

both parties have been compromised by big business. The two party system needs to end.  

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2012, 03:02 Orogogus

killer_roach wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 00:44:
It was Republican opposition that killed SOPA/PIPA. Every single remaining sponsor of either bill is a Democrat.

Where's the data for this? The first few sites tracking this information seem to suggest that the supporters are more like about 66% Democrat.

http://projects.propublica.org/sopa/

From the Wikipedia SOPA entry:

"The Stop Online Piracy Act was introduced by Representative Lamar Smith (R-TX) and was initially co-sponsored by Howard Berman (D-CA), Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), Mary Bono Mack (R-CA), Steve Chabot (R-OH), John Conyers (D-MI), Ted Deutch (D-FL), Elton Gallegly (R-CA), Bob Goodlatte (R-VA), Timothy Griffin (R-AR), Dennis A. Ross (R-FL), Adam Schiff (D-CA) and Lee Terry (R-NE). As of January 16, 2012, there were 31 sponsors.[85]"

"House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) expressed opposition to the bill, as well as Representatives Darrell Issa (R-CA) and presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-TX), who joined nine Democrats to sign a letter to other House members warning that the bill would cause "an explosion of innovation-killing lawsuits and litigation""

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2012, 02:43 AnointedSword

lol you are a bs eater...Go do some research and get back to me!  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2012, 01:49 Cutter

LittleMe wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 00:48:
This is actually the problem in our county. You guys cheer your side like a sports team. Meanwhile, both sides are for whatever makes them money and keeps them in power. And you're all so fired up fighting over whose side is better that you can't see them laughing at you.

Well said. And Cutter that last post was not true in so many ways. How can democrats be for working people and small business when they support for bailouts, endless military wars, wars on drugs, wars on piracy, pursue continuous cronyism under the guise of 'consumer protection', proceed in unprecedented inflationary spending, etc etc.. The list goes on. Democrats are part of this fascist system of tyranny. Not all, but most. Same with nearly all Republicans.

It's not about collective identity at all. Be it Democrat or republican. It's about the individual representatives, their actions and their hiding under the collective party association blanket for protection.

Mmmhmm, just keep your tinfoil hat fimrly affixed to that little noggin of yours and keep right on believing that. There's zero point in arguing with or them because you're both out of touch with reality. There's a very obvious differnce between the two parties. A rudimentary grasp of history and looking at their voting records will easily provide you that information, but hey, why the let FACTS stand in the way of your delusions?

Bailouts? You mean when the economy tanks because of the GOP and their actions and they then give their big biz pals tax dollars? Those sorts of bailouts? S&L Crisis ring any bells?

Endless wars? You mean all those things that the GOP start?

War on Drugs? GOP.

Speding and Debt? GOP.

Increased size of government and government control? GOP.

Gerrymandering, opposition to human and civil liberties, wanting to turn the US into a theocracy? GOP. GOP. GOP.

It goes on and on and on. It's like the Democrats almost exist solely to clean up GOP messes. And they do an amazing job of it. And if they didn't have to spend so much time doing it America and the rest of the world would be a much better place right now. MUCH better.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2012, 00:48 LittleMe

Well said. And Cutter that last post was not true in so many ways. How can democrats be for working people and small business when they support for bailouts, endless military wars, wars on drugs, wars on piracy, pursue continuous cronyism under the guise of 'consumer protection', proceed in unprecedented inflationary spending, etc etc.. The list goes on. Democrats are part of this fascist system of tyranny. Not all, but most. Same with nearly all Republicans.

It's not about collective identity at all. Be it Democrat or republican. It's about the individual representatives, their actions and their hiding under the collective party association blanket for protection.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2012, 00:44 killer_roach

Big business huh? GOP has been fighting for the rights of small businesses for years. Because anyone with half a brain knows a small business can turn into (gasp) big business! /bitesnails What, you support big government? Watch what you wish for, big business you can walk away from...big government will force its will on you...big difference...

Your delusions would be funny if they weren't so sad. It never ceases to boggle my mind how disconnected from reality you GOP supporters are. GOP = tax breaks for the rich/big biz only. Democrats = working people/small business.

It was Republican opposition that killed SOPA/PIPA. Every single remaining sponsor of either bill is a Democrat.

Which should come as no surprise - the Democratic Party relies on the media industry as a major backer, and they get their back scratched whenever they claim to have an itch.

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2012, 00:37 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 5, 2012, 23:42 Cutter

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 5, 2012, 23:20 AnointedSword

If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 5, 2012, 23:20 LittleMe

Democrats cybersecurity bill = you are still the property of big business and they are your masters but we'll dress it up with better populist rhetoric.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 5, 2012, 21:42 Cutter

GOP cybersecurity bill = you are now the property of big business and they are your masters.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo