Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

gamigo Breached

The gamigo Forums have a warning that their database has been attacked, resulting in the exposure of data from some of the users of their online games. Word is: "Your character data, including items, is safely stored on the backup! We cannot rule out that the intruder(s) is/are still in possession of additional personal data, although to date we have received no report of any fraudulent use. To prevent any unauthorized access to your account, we have reset all passwords for the gamigo account system and for all gamigo games!" In an unfortunate complication to an unfortunate situation, they also report "the password change function is not working completely within the gamigo Account System for the moment," and that they "are working on a solution, unfortunately this might take a couple of hours." Thanks El Pit.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: gamigo Breached Mar 4, 2012, 12:33 Illumin

MxxCon wrote on Mar 3, 2012, 15:00:
So not only did they get hacked, but their password reset functional doesn't work, and now their whole website is down!

How the fuck a company that manages user accounts doesn't have a properly working password reset functionality?! They posted that message 14 hours ago! How can it take them so long to fix it?!
This is the most incompetence I've seen from any game publisher!

I think Sony has them beat hands down.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: gamigo Breached Mar 3, 2012, 23:23 eRe4s3r

Well their problem is performance related, so even if you cared and wanted to fix things, data center operators generally do not bring more servers on-line on Sundays unless you pay some serious penalty

They are F2P peddlers, so you can be happy if they aren't running the whole system on a pc in a wardrobe

4. Re: gamigo Breached Mar 3, 2012, 22:59 TurdFergasun

well if i were running a company, or high up in the day to day operations, the weekend wouldn't matter if my security infrastructure decided to shit the bed. they're a relatively new service that took over from direct to drive, and now loosing all the credibility they never had.  

3. Re: gamigo Breached Mar 3, 2012, 22:29 eRe4s3r

It being a weekend might have something to do with it  

2. Re: gamigo Breached Mar 3, 2012, 15:00 MxxCon

So not only did they get hacked, but their password reset functional doesn't work, and now their whole website is down!

How the fuck a company that manages user accounts doesn't have a properly working password reset functionality?! They posted that message 14 hours ago! How can it take them so long to fix it?!
This is the most incompetence I've seen from any game publisher!

1. Re: gamigo Breached Mar 3, 2012, 12:37 Keith

I received an email from Gamigo the day before yesterday asking me to reset my password. I haven't bothered as I have yet to find a game of theirs worth a damn. I think I tried Black Prophecy some months back, found it was no fun and bug-ridden. Promptly uninstalled it.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo