Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hardcore Tactical Shooter Kickstart

A new Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter Kickstarter Page looks to generate funding for a hardcore, close quarters battle first-person shooter for Windows PCs from Serellan LLC. This is the brainchild of Christian Allen, who has been a design lead on Ghost Recon and Halo titles before going indie. There's an interview on Ghostrecon.net talking with Christian about the project, and here's a bit on his approach:

For years, fans of tactical shooters have been crying out for someone to make a quality, hardcore, tactical shooter. But in contrast to these requests, game publishers eschew realism and tactics in exchange for ease of use and “cinematic” flavor. This campaign aims to see if my theory that real tactical shooters aren’t dead, and that enough people want one to justify the cost of development.

I’ve been in the video game industry working on best in class shooters for ten years now – designing and leading teams creating Tom Clancy games and Halo Reach. Now I’ve struck out and formed a new company for indie game development, Serellan LLC.

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

7. Re: Hardcore Tactical Shooter Kickstart Mar 3, 2012, 14:53 Bumpy

Prez wrote on Mar 3, 2012, 14:43:
Who cares if it's PC only - the words "hardcore tactical shooter" certainly rule out a Call of Duty clone, so as long as it is truly designed as true PC-style shooter of old, they can release it wherever they want as far as I'm concerned.

That's the rub. There is no mention of how PC this will be. It could end up the same multi-platform crap like we get nowadays. Crap mouse accel issues, FOV, gamepad designed, 2 gfx options, etc..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Hardcore Tactical Shooter Kickstart Mar 3, 2012, 14:43 Prez

Bumpy wrote on Mar 3, 2012, 14:35:
Edit: Also, no mention if this is PC only? Do not want a console designed tac shooter slapped on my PC.

Who cares if it's PC only - the words "hardcore tactical shooter" certainly rule out a Call of Duty clone, so as long as it is truly designed as true PC-style shooter of old, they can release it wherever they want as far as I'm concerned.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

5. Re: Hardcore Tactical Shooter Kickstart Mar 3, 2012, 14:35 Bumpy

Hmmmmmmm...is there no way to donate the money besides to sign up at that site? I'd like to just paypal them.

Edit: Also, no mention if this is PC only? Do not want a console designed tac shooter slapped on my PC.

4. Re: Hardcore Tactical Shooter Kickstart Mar 3, 2012, 14:20 Prez

I'm a $15 pledge.  

3. Re: Hardcore Tactical Shooter Kickstart Mar 3, 2012, 14:16 Bumpy

OMG, I'm in for this!! Cartoon adventure, no thanks atm but a newer SWAT4 or Rogue Spear, sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!  

2. Re: Hardcore Tactical Shooter Kickstart Mar 3, 2012, 14:10 Prez

This idea definitely seems like it will gain some significant traction. Though for a FPS a "mere" $50k isn't going to cut it. I'm hoping it takes off just to prove all of the stodgy know-it-all's (and one especially annoying one here on Bluesnews in particular) - the ones who say this can't work, blah blah blah - wrong.  

1. Re: Hardcore Tactical Shooter Kickstart Mar 3, 2012, 13:59 StealthR6

Please please please please please please let this be good and bring back the days of rainbow six gameplay!  

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo