Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Painkiller: Recurring Evil

Steam now offers Painkiller: Recurring Evil, the latest expansion for Painkiller: Resurrection. The first-person shooter add-on is on sale for 20% off, as is the Painkiller Complete Pack. Here's word:

Battle never ceases in the realm known as Hell. This time around it's a battle for the freedom of your very soul. Experience the magnificent dark atmosphere of the good (or evil?) Painkiller, the only true oldschool First Person Shooter, tough as nails, without a trace of remorse, without a glimpse of motion blur or other technological makeup. Just Painkiller and nothing else matters!

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Painkiller: Recurring Evil Mar 2, 2012, 05:05 Kajetan

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 00:30:
Do the industry a favor and DO NOT support this crap.
The "professional" devs they hired, forgot to put the menu for video options in the game. The "professional" devs they hired, just made the same boring crap like in the last two addons. Small maps, lots of unimaginative monster spwaning, no regard for map style or atmosphere, just *spawn**spawn**spawn**spawn**spawn* until you reached the end of map 5 and the end of this game. Horrible!

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2012, 05:10.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Painkiller: Recurring Evil Mar 2, 2012, 00:30 jacobvandy

The original game and Battle Out of Hell expansion are the only Painkiller titles worth playing... So just grab the Black Edition and leave it at that. Everything else is just a bunch of marginal player-made mods that were snatched up for cheap and sold as "sequels" or "expansions" in an attempt to cash-in on the name that People Can Fly made. Do the industry a favor and DO NOT support this crap.  

5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Painkiller: Recurring Evil Mar 1, 2012, 23:44 Slashman

PHJF wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 23:05:
Painkiller: Occasionally Evil
Painkiller: Randomly Evil
Painkiller: Sometimes Evil
Painkiller: Repeatedly Evil
Painkiller: More Often Than Not Evil
Painkiller: Not Good But Evil
Painkiller: Recurring Evil

Yeah... let's go with the last one.

You forgot...

Painkiller: On again, Off again Evil

4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Painkiller: Recurring Evil Mar 1, 2012, 23:05 PHJF

Painkiller: Occasionally Evil
Painkiller: Randomly Evil
Painkiller: Sometimes Evil
Painkiller: Repeatedly Evil
Painkiller: More Often Than Not Evil
Painkiller: Not Good But Evil
Painkiller: Recurring Evil

Yeah... let's go with the last one.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Painkiller: Recurring Evil Mar 1, 2012, 21:41 Ratty

Yeah, I've bought a couple of these expansions and they're just no good. They don't match the levels to the enemies - often they'll just throw a random group of Painkiller baddies at you with no regard to the style of level. And difficulty is uneven. The first expansion I got I finally ended up playing most of the last levels in god mode just to get through it. The second one I got I never bothered to get even half way through.

Sigh. I miss PCF. The last couple of games done by some of their old members just never measured up to Painkiller's magnificence.

2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Painkiller: Recurring Evil Mar 1, 2012, 21:23 siapnar

You can pretty much bet the farm on this sucking balls.  

I have projectile dysfunction.

1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Painkiller: Recurring Evil Mar 1, 2012, 21:13 ViRGE

I love their pitch, but the game just isn't the same without People Can Fly making it.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo