Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week

Following yesteray's tease, there are some Assassin's Creed III Packshots on the Facebook Page for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 editions of a next installment in the stealth/action series. These confirm rumors of a setting in colonial America, as it shows an American Revolution battle and our hooded protagonist about to do in a British soldier. There's an Official Statement concerning Assassin's Creed III on the Ubisoft Forums (thanks Gamer's Hell) with word to expect more next week: "We confirm that Ubisoft will announce all the details of Assassin's Creed III on Monday March 5th at 5pm."

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 5, 2012, 07:35 avianflu

True Bumby but on the otherhand, the series so far has taken real historical buildings and made them centerpieces of the "climbing" part of the game. SO it leaves one wondering what the city landscapes will look like. 1700's America was not a place of tall buildings and what was tall was mostly steeple.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 2, 2012, 19:55 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 16:15:
Actually there's a dearth of games set in this time period - I'm interested

These were my thoughts upon first learning of the colonial setting. I think the only games I've ever played with that setting are the Battlegrounds mods for HL and Source, and Hoagie's part of Day of the Tentacle.

17. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 20:57 Bumpy

Does it have to be true to history?

UBI could easily make up their own history and story to make the city props or setting work as needed.

16. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 20:29 Flatline

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 16:07:
Cutter I agree, personally I would love to have seen the series in Japan, England, but seriously the Revo. War?

Fast forward 10-15 years and the Napoleonic Wars would have been a richer setting, taking place damn near all over the world. Master (Assassin) & Commander anyone?

Plus, you have all the intelligence & intrigue of the Napoleonic Wars muddling with the Templar/Assassin fight.

The ACW was mostly Washington retreating faster than the Brits could take ground with a handful of key battles.

15. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 17:37 Creston

Well, let's hope they mix up the gameplay a bit.

Creston

14. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 17:28 jacobvandy

AC:R does not use the always-on DRM, you just have to activate it online with the cdkey and then you can play offline. Though it does have that U-play crap.  

13. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 16:15 Prez

Actually there's a dearth of games set in this time period - I'm interested, even considering it's Ubisoft.

I heard the CE features a rectal probe.

YES!!!! Clap

EDIT: I was tempted to buy AC: Revelations during the daily Steam sale last week, but the blurb about it using Ubisoft Online DRM stopped me. I could find no confirmation online that Revelations reverted back to using the shitty always-on crap (Brotherhood didn't). Does anyone know if it indeed uses Ubishit DRM?

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2012, 16:49.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 16:11 space captain

raven steals fire from the great spirit

then murders the shit out of some imperialists

Go forth, and kill!

11. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 16:09 jacobvandy

How much building climbing do you really need, though? Yeah it was cool to climb a tower and be able to look out over Rome or whatever, but you can still have plenty of that fast-paced Tomb Raider-style platforming with structures that aren't so tall.  

10. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 16:07 The Half Elf

Cutter I agree, personally I would love to have seen the series in Japan, England, but seriously the Revo. War?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 16:07 Krovven

LittleMe wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 15:31:
It's a good thing too since it was primarily Italy that settled North America. Is this whole series leading up to being a Pizza Hut commercial?

Im going to assume this is a knock at the main character being Ezio (an Italian) from the last few games. a) Ezio is not the main character in AC3, a native american is. b) The main characters are controlled by Desmond (in present day) using the Animus. Whether they continue to use Desmond, I don't know, nor really care. It could be anyone using the Animus, and anyone could be the main character.

8. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 15:42 Cutter

LittleMe wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 15:31:
It's a good thing too since it was primarily Italy that settled North America. Is this whole series leading up to being a Pizza Hut commercial?

???

You mean Britain. And that doesn't apply to Mexico. You straight up whack, dog!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

7. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 15:40 Cutter

nin wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 15:12:
Clancy wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 15:11:
Yeah, can't wait. First game with biometric DRM!

I'd actually pay extra for that! *cough*

But seriously, yo! This setting is whack, gangsta! I admit, I'm as curious as a mofo how this is going to work.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 15:33 Tumbler

I'm surprised we're not seeing the marketing departments lash out at news sites reporting this. I guess that only happens when you're selling your "exclusive" announcment to Game Informer?  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

5. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 15:31 LittleMe

Perpetual debt is slavery.

4. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 15:20 avianflu

Given that buildings of that era were rarely more than 3 stories tall (even the central town churches were 2 stories) I am not sure how much "building climbing" will be in the game. I am sure they will fudge the details for the good of the gameplay.  

3. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 15:14 Verno

Hopefully they are going to revisit some of the base gameplay too, it was getting a bit stale in Revelations.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

2. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 15:12 nin

Clancy wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 15:11:

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Assassin's Creed III Setting Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 1, 2012, 15:11 Clancy

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo