Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rayman Origins Demo

Steam's Rayman Origins Page now offers a playable demo of the upcoming Windows edition of Rayman Origins, the platformer sequel (the full version is due at the end of this month). There are no details at this point on what's included in the demo. Thanks Gamer's Hell.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 2, 2012, 06:53 everyone

meezookeewee wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 21:10:
If it wasn't UbiSoft that got their hands on this...
Got their hands on it? Rayman's been a Ubisoft franchise from the start.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 2, 2012, 00:26 ViRGE

Graham wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 22:34:
It's the single best platformer I've played in years, and that includes DS, 3DS, and Wii Mario titles.
I'm not sure I'd go so far as to comparing it to Super Mario Galaxy - that was basically the perfection of the genre with respect to 3D platformers - but it's certainly the best 2D platformer I've played in many years.

25. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 22:34 Graham

ViRGE wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 21:17:
Jivaro wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 21:03:
Krovven wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 11:57:
Ordered a PS Vita. Was planning on getting this game for the Vita, but I may have to consider it on Steam instead.

Same, except I am going to keep it on Vita. This is the perfect game for the platform. I didn't know it was coming to Vita..so thanks for that.
I have it for the Vita. It's easily one of the best launch titles and a completely fantastic game.

I came here to post this. Rayman: Origins has had more playtime than any other mobile game I've had in half a decade. It made the Vita feel like a great purchasing decision. It's the single best platformer I've played in years, and that includes DS, 3DS, and Wii Mario titles.

24. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 21:17 ViRGE

Jivaro wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 21:03:
Ordered a PS Vita. Was planning on getting this game for the Vita, but I may have to consider it on Steam instead.

Same, except I am going to keep it on Vita. This is the perfect game for the platform. I didn't know it was coming to Vita..so thanks for that.
I have it for the Vita. It's easily one of the best launch titles and a completely fantastic game.

23. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 21:10 meezookeewee

If it wasn't UbiSoft that got their hands on this, this game would be a no-brainer for me. As it is, UbiSoft will never see any money from me.  

22. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 21:03 Jivaro

21. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 20:09 Bhruic

So take that as you will, I can't get the 'automatic' adding thing to work at all. No matter what I try.

Unfortunately you are talking about a completely different issue than was seen here. Steam (I believe erroneously) was reporting that the Rayman Origins Demo was installed on your computer, even if you'd never installed it via any method. It's not a case of it picking it up from another install.

And the earlier poster was correct, restarting Steam cleared that up.

20. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 18:30 Ray Marden

It showed up on my list last night and I tried to run it, but it downloaded for a little bit and then told me that it had to convert my download to a new file format.

It ran overnight for eight hours and ended up doing nothing at all - I canceled it and moved on.
Fail.
Guessing it was not meant to be,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

19. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 18:17 Mordecai Walfish

Glad to see this is coming to Steam! Such a great game.

Been really excited to see alot of these titles I assumed would stay console-only coming to Steam (sonic generations, rayman origins, etc..)

18. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 16:20 Mashiki Amiketo

Spot on Verno.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

17. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 15:54 Darks

yep this.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

16. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 14:05 Verno

Err I think he was crossposting it on purpose because Rayman Origins had a steam issue last night where it was showing up on peoples games lists out of nowhere. He was testing something with Origin and figured it might interest people here. A bit of an odd tangent but made sense to me since I followed both threads and had that problem last night.

Oh well anyway, really enjoying this way more than I thought I would. It's a shame Ubisoft is the outfit who gets their hands onto all of these great properties as I think a lot of people just dismiss them out of hand when they see the name.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Legends, Intruders, Apocalypse Now

15. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 14:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Krovven wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 13:57:
Wrong thread. How you managed to quote someone from another thread and post in here, takes a special talent

Well one quote is from the top of the page. One quote is from me, quoting myself from another thread, because I'm just too damn lazy to type it out twice.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

14. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 13:57 Krovven

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 13:34:
necrosis wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 10:55:
They fix the problem where its forcing itself to show up on my games list and I can't remove it?

I posted this on the EA thread, but I'll post it here too.

Well for anyone who's been following this thread still. I've left origin running for the last 2ish days. Call me a sadist, and notta. So where it's pulling your info from I have no idea. The only thing I can guess is, it's from your 'tied' account. Though none of my registered games show up there either

So take that as you will, I can't get the 'automatic' adding thing to work at all. No matter what I try.

Wrong thread. How you managed to quote someone from another thread and post in here, takes a special talent

13. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 13:34 Mashiki Amiketo

necrosis wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 10:55:
They fix the problem where its forcing itself to show up on my games list and I can't remove it?

I posted this on the EA thread, but I'll post it here too.

Well for anyone who's been following this thread still. I've left origin running for the last 2ish days. Call me a sadist, and notta. So where it's pulling your info from I have no idea. The only thing I can guess is, it's from your 'tied' account. Though none of my registered games show up there either

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

12. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 13:34 Dmitri_M

The screenshots look great.  

11. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 12:43 reisub

ASeven wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 12:37:
Verno wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 12:17:
Game is fantastic, a great throwback with very high quality level design. I thought I had grown out of platformers but this pulled me right back in.

Get Sonic Generations, a very pleasant surprise and a great game to boot.
I got that around the last Steam sale. Glad to hear it's good as I took a bit of a punt on it (yet to play, like most of my games >.<).

BTW, the Rayman demo is working for me now.

10. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 12:39 jacobvandy

I clicked on the download demo button several times with no apparent effect, but I just checked my library and there it is, already installed. So, either it's downloading automatically for some reason, or it doesn't even acknowledge that you click the button.  

9. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 12:37 ASeven

Verno wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 12:17:
Game is fantastic, a great throwback with very high quality level design. I thought I had grown out of platformers but this pulled me right back in.

Get Sonic Generations, a very pleasant surprise and a great game to boot.

8. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 12:31 SirKnight

Looks like they now have a demo of this on the Vita. Downloading now.

I <3 my Vita.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo