Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warplanes Alpha Soars

Wargaming.net announces having signed up 100,000 volunteer pilots for the Global Alpha Testing of World of Warplanes, their upcoming MMO aerial combat game. "The player demand to participate in the alpha testing is impressive; it's a lot greater than we had anticipated," says World of Warplanes producer Anton Sitnikau. "I'd like to congratulate and welcome our first five thousand alpha test pilots and hope they enjoy the incredible flight experience. And, of course, we encourage others to apply - we have many more invitations to give away." The game's website also has a warning to alpha testers not to violate their NDAs, listing a few testers who have been permanently banned from World of Warplanes and World of Tanks dues to loose lips.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 2, 2012, 09:02 MxxCon

InBlack wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 04:29:
It would have been a much better game had the developers included a few more gameplay modes. They havent so far. Adding new tanks is basically the limit of their ability.

Even improved physics which have been promised since the beta are still conspicuosly missing.

Fuck em, Im waiting for 7.2. to try the new US tanks and then Im outta there....
Global map with fights for territories is not enough for you?!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 2, 2012, 04:29 InBlack

It would have been a much better game had the developers included a few more gameplay modes. They havent so far. Adding new tanks is basically the limit of their ability.

Even improved physics which have been promised since the beta are still conspicuosly missing.

Fuck em, Im waiting for 7.2. to try the new US tanks and then Im outta there....

I have a nifty blue line!

16. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 21:58 MxxCon

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 21:26:
Blackhawk wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 12:10:
I like World of Tanks.

I have yet to figure out what about it makes in an "MMO", though.

MMO...doesn't that mean Massively Multiplayer Online? It doesn't say RPG after it, or anything like that. So I think MMO is appropriate.
This is also what makes it MMO http://worldoftanks.com/uc/clanwars/

15. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 21:26 Dirwulf

Blackhawk wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 12:10:
I like World of Tanks.

MMO...doesn't that mean Massively Multiplayer Online? It doesn't say RPG after it, or anything like that. So I think MMO is appropriate.

14. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 19:51 MxxCon

Tavillion wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 19:25:
Yo. NDA. That stuff isn't public knowledge right now so we can't be talking about it and, as stated, the devs have a nice long list of people canned from the alpha for violating the NDA.
I did not post videos, screenshots or detailed description of gameplay like those listed players. If they'll ban me for the positive things I've said about this game, I'll take my punishment.

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2012, 19:58.

13. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 19:50 MxxCon

TurdFergasun wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 15:25:
there's not one tank in the game that costs much over 200,000. dunno what game you've been playing, but my is7 cost 183,000 xp.

MM is totally screwed right now though for lower tier grinding, i wouldn't spend a dime on it til it's fixed.
Ok, we are mixing up units here. To research IS7 itself requires 178,445 xp. But then after you researched that, to actually buy it, it cost 6,100,000 credits. That is ridiculous amount of grinding.

12. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 19:25 Tavillion

MxxCon wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 12:08:
Finally there will be more ppl to play with.
I got accepted into WoP alpha last week and any time I'd log in there would be only 30-40 people playing. Matchmaking would take forever.

Obviously, this game is harder to play than WoT. However, controlling your planes with a mouse is not that bad. They have a good mix of sim and arcade. Right now the game is very barebones. You get a big mixed list of planes from 3 nations and you just get points to buy them. So far there are no upgrades, research, ammo, etc etc.
I can see this game having potential.

Yo. NDA. That stuff isn't public knowledge right now so we can't be talking about it and, as stated, the devs have a nice long list of people canned from the alpha for violating the NDA.

11. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 15:25 TurdFergasun

there's not one tank in the game that costs much over 200,000. dunno what game you've been playing, but my is7 cost 183,000 xp.

MM is totally screwed right now though for lower tier grinding, i wouldn't spend a dime on it til it's fixed.

10. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 14:00 MxxCon

Akuinnen wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 13:36:
WoT is fun, as long as the matchmaking system doesn't pit you against tanks you can't damage but can take you out in one shot. I think the game is best in the first two tiers, avoiding the later grind in ineffective tanks. The M3 Lee grind is the worst.
yes, in WoT mid to high tier grind is ridiculous. from whatever before to KV takes 100,000xp then from KV to KV3 takes 500,000 and from KV3 whatever is next takes like 1mill xp..and considering you get ~1000xp per match, that's insane. During beta period, before the release reset I got only up to KV3. When I saw requirements further down I knew I'd never reach that.

9. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 13:36 Akuinnen

WoT is fun, as long as the matchmaking system doesn't pit you against tanks you can't damage but can take you out in one shot. I think the game is best in the first two tiers, avoiding the later grind in ineffective tanks. The M3 Lee grind is the worst.  

8. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 12:29 Dirwulf

I've been using a 360 controller so far. There still isn't many people online at once, so it takes about 3-5 minutes to get into a match, but that's not really that long. I don't like the heavy fighter's very much. I feels like trying to fly a heavy tank lol. It's weird having bi-planes and jets in the same match.  

7. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 12:14 Lokust

It's quite fun, but a bit harder to play casually, unless you're satisfied with mouse/kb for flight controls.  

6. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 12:10 Blackhawk

I like World of Tanks.

5. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 12:08 MxxCon

Finally there will be more ppl to play with.
I got accepted into WoP alpha last week and any time I'd log in there would be only 30-40 people playing. Matchmaking would take forever.

Obviously, this game is harder to play than WoT. However, controlling your planes with a mouse is not that bad. They have a good mix of sim and arcade. Right now the game is very barebones. You get a big mixed list of planes from 3 nations and you just get points to buy them. So far there are no upgrades, research, ammo, etc etc.
I can see this game having potential.

4. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 11:58 WarpCrow

I play World of Tanks casually and I'm looking forward to trying out Warplanes as well. I've barely sunk anything into it, and that was a one-time purchase just to buy myself a few more tank slots (and you get something like seven for free already). You can buy ammo that penetrates a bit better than what you get for in-game currency, bypass grinding the skill of your tank crew, or purchase tanks that give a better money/exp gain rate but are otherwise comparable to or worse than other tanks of that tier, but it's all extremely reasonable and with skill you will do well with or without premium ammo. I can't speak for high end battalion gameplay, though.  

3. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 11:33 bhcompy

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 11:22:
A pay-to-win game to avoid. This and the WOT games would be ok, if it did not cost a fortune to be competitive.

Hyperbole much?

Pay for double exp, or just take longer to grind. Premium tanks are not great and gold ammo is rarely used in public games.

2. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 11:22 Ozmodan

A pay-to-win game to avoid. This and the WOT games would be ok, if it did not cost a fortune to be competitive.  

1. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 10:13 InBlack

They should concentrate on fixing WoT first. One game mode a year after release. Seriously?  

I have a nifty blue line!

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo