Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

After a leap day delay, March is upon us. As the old saying I always invoke says, this month is supposed to come "in like a lion" in this area, but if that's the case, it's a declawed, damp lion as it's been warm and wet around here the past couple of days.

Marching Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Nelly.
Stories: Wyoming narrowly defeats measure to prepare for apocalypse.
Science: The Red-Dress Effect. Thanks Neatorama.
Study crowns T-rex the greatest chomper. Thanks Acleacius.
Total recall: Japanese robot finds lost things.
Media: Robot quadcopters perform James Bond theme.
Competitive Grocery Bagging - A Documentary.
Monument Valley [TBS@USA 6-13]. Thanks Jim.
Speed Bump.
Follow-up: David Cross: 'Arrested Development's Blue Man Group paint was a pain'.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Re:Red Dress Effect Mar 3, 2012, 18:07 Ant

Scud wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 23:08:
While the red dress seemed to make her considerably more attractive, it also, sadly, made her ten times more likely to die on away-missions.
Then, don't send her away?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re:Red Dress Effect Mar 1, 2012, 23:08 Scud

While the red dress seemed to make her considerably more attractive, it also, sadly, made her ten times more likely to die on away-missions.  

14. Re: Wyoming narrowly defeats measure to prepare for apocalypse Mar 1, 2012, 21:03 UnderLord

Those Wyoming lawmakers aren't too smart.
Without a plan B, people will have to fall back to the centuries old plan A - http://www.enotes.com/shakespeare-quotes/lets-kill-all-lawyers

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2012, 20:22 Bhruic

My worry is that it'll be 100 starting in April straight through to October...

I'm thinking the same thing, except that I replace "worry" with "hope".

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2012, 18:25 Creston

nin wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 13:54:
Hey Creston, I was looking at the Skyrim mod launcher in steam last night, and it looks like it now offers a load order (with up and down arrows). Think it was you who were looking for that?

Not really looking for one, but I did comment that WITHOUT one trying to run a large number of Mods would be futile. So at least they've taken that step to make it a bit more friendly.

Of course, it still doesn't address their rather crazy implementation of custom .bsa's and how the game loads them...

Thanks for the head sup, though.

Creston

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2012, 16:08 brother19

Well Blue we have about ten inches of new snow here, and it's still snowing. The weekend, however, will be back in the 40s.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2012, 14:07 Hoop

I thought our shitty Summer would turn like past years into a long hot Indian Summer. Not so.  

Um .. Behind you...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2012, 13:54 nin

Hey Creston, I was looking at the Skyrim mod launcher in steam last night, and it looks like it now offers a load order (with up and down arrows). Think it was you who were looking for that?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2012, 13:02 Cutter

We pretty much always get 1 last snowfall - very short, very soggy but snow nonetheless - in the beginning of April. So I wouldn't start rejoicing for warm weather yet. I'm guessing food prices are going to jump this summer what with middle-eastern instability and lack of precipitation over this winter in most parts. Time to get the Victory Garden going!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2012, 12:58 Creston

nin wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 10:19:
I'm still expecting we're going to get hammered with one more snow before "winter" is over, despite the high being 78 here today. Weirdest winter here in a long time.

My worry is that it'll be 100 starting in April straight through to October...

Creston

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2012, 11:31 nin

I would have liked something cold for about a week to kill off all the bugs. But this leads me to think that this is going to be a brutal summer.

Yeah, I'm worried about mosquitos and fleas this summer.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2012, 11:27 kanniballl

strich wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 11:23:

I don't believe we ever got a winter here in Dallas and are expecting mid 80's here for the next few days. I would have liked something cold for about a week to kill off all the bugs. But this leads me to think that this is going to be a brutal summer.

Yeh, here in NJ we've had very mild weather. It was rare to see my temps below 30 in the mornings... and usually around 40-50. I went without a jacket for most of the season so afternoons were probably often in the 50-60 range.

Meanwhile some past winters, the temps would be like 15, 10, etc on some mornings on the way to work... not EVERY morning but enough. And snow, forget about it. We had a couple minor snows by me (barely more than flurries) . I think we had maybe 2 or 3 that accumulated around an inch.

October/November made me think the winter was going to be Brutal. Since the end of October gave us a freak snow storm that blacked out a solid portion of the North East. Mother Earth is a tease.

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2012, 11:23 strich

I'm still expecting we're going to get hammered with one more snow before "winter" is over, despite the high being 78 here today. Weirdest winter here in a long time.

I don't believe we ever got a winter here in Dallas and are expecting mid 80's here for the next few days. I would have liked something cold for about a week to kill off all the bugs. But this leads me to think that this is going to be a brutal summer.

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2012, 11:05 Killer Kane

Sometimes March comes in like a Platypus and goes out like a Wombat  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2012, 10:50 MattyC

Last time we had such a warm winter in the south east we also got a Blizzard in March, so you never know. Mother nature loves to troll

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2012, 10:19 nin

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo