Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

SimCity 5 Revealed?

NeoGAF has some images said to be scans from German Gamestar magazine showing off SimCity 5 for the first time. This is all still an unconfirmed rumor, but Maxis, creators of the urban planning series, is known to be working on a new project, and PC Gamer notes they have already committed to announcement next week at GDC. Thanks Joao.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

19. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Mar 1, 2012, 07:57 Armengar

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 07:14:
I didn't like C&C Generals when the series first when 3D - in my opinion it just made everything look more cluttered and messy.

Your lies make baby Jebus cry! Generals was great :-)

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Mar 1, 2012, 07:33 SirOvenMitt

Ummmmm I think you all are forgetting there was a SimCity game released under EA..... It was a turd called SimCity Societies which was complete garbage. I bet you can expect more of this type of a game with some Sims crap thrown in and it will be a console port to boot.  

17. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Mar 1, 2012, 07:16 theyarecomingforyou

entr0py wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 04:20:
It's not just EA or Maxis that does that. It seems like virtually every PC game will have serious problems with some hardware at release. You've got to wait for a few patches to minimize that happening, then buy from a store with a decent return policy.
Aside from a few high profile failures - like RAGE - I haven't had any problem playing games on the day of release. Most play better after a graphics driver update but few have "serious problems" at release.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

16. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Mar 1, 2012, 07:14 theyarecomingforyou

PHJF wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 00:09:
Disappointing??? WTF?

SimCity 4 was awesome. If anything, 3K was disappointing in that it was barely improved over 2K (though 3K did have an outfuckingstanding soundtrack).
I really enjoyed SimCity 3000. It may not have been radical but everything seemed right and, as you say, the soundtrack was awesome. I just didn't really like the 3D graphics in SimCity 4, much like I didn't like C&C Generals when the series first when 3D - in my opinion it just made everything look more cluttered and messy.

15. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Mar 1, 2012, 04:20 entr0py

Yosemite Sam wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 21:28:
If it doesnt work properly out of the box forget it, EA doesnt support thier products...

It's not just EA or Maxis that does that. It seems like virtually every PC game will have serious problems with some hardware at release. You've got to wait for a few patches to minimize that happening, then buy from a store with a decent return policy.

14. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Mar 1, 2012, 03:26 Armengar

lets hope sim city 5 isnt to sim city 4 that civ 5 was to civ 4. I might be old fashioned but I hated civ 5. civ 4 and sim city 4 were excellent.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

13. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Mar 1, 2012, 02:14 Kosumo

Be cool if it went all the way down to ant level - like Sim Ant.  

12. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Mar 1, 2012, 00:36 Bhruic

SimCity 4 was awesome

Indeed, much like Civ IV, SimCity 4 was my favourite since the original. If they build off that, I'd be happy to play it.

11. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Mar 1, 2012, 00:09 PHJF

Disappointing??? WTF?

SimCity 4 was awesome. If anything, 3K was disappointing in that it was barely improved over 2K (though 3K did have an outfuckingstanding soundtrack).

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Feb 29, 2012, 23:41 Kosumo

Some no-name game getting a 5th sequel, Can see this being the end for EA. Dunce  

9. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Feb 29, 2012, 23:37 theyarecomingforyou

SimCity4 was disappointing and any new version will inevitably require Origin and won't be sold on Steam. Interest in the game? High. Chance of buying it? Zero.  

8. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Feb 29, 2012, 22:50 Sepharo

PHJF wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 22:05:
I got so excited I went out and found a neighbor's cat and punched it.

You're on a roll with the callbacks lately

This comment was edited on Feb 29, 2012, 23:52.

7. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Feb 29, 2012, 22:39 Bumpy

Designed to work with 360 gamepad first.  

6. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Feb 29, 2012, 22:05 PHJF

I got so excited I went out and found a neighbor's cat and punched it.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Feb 29, 2012, 21:29 eRe4s3r

You shouldn't be, the fact that the reveal is in Gamestar speaks volumes. The building game genre is very strong in Germany (and on PC) - so the fact they choose a PC-Centric mag to reveal it gives us at least some grasp as to their intentions. Why reveal it in a German PC mag if it ain't gonna be a proper Sim City? They'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

Also how many console gamers give a damn about Sim City? Or even knew what Maxis was?

4. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Feb 29, 2012, 21:28 Yosemite Sam

Considering they never bothered to get Simcity4 running correctly I'll wait and see on this one. If it doesnt work properly out of the box forget it, EA doesnt support thier products... went to play Tiger Woods 10 the other day only to discover EA has nuked the online component, thanks assholes. I wont be buying any more of your sports titles either.  

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

3. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Feb 29, 2012, 21:19 ASeven

I was excited about this then remembered it's EA we're talking about and I remember seeing an article a few days ago that they were hiring coders specialized in console API for a sim project.

Alas,my expectations are very low.

2. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Feb 29, 2012, 21:09 Shok

I'm still not installing Origin though...  

1. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Feb 29, 2012, 21:07 eRe4s3r

Well, that is surprising And apparently legit.  

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo