Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

"Major" Assassin's Creed Announcement Nears

Without revealing any details, the Assassin's Creed Facebook page teases a "major" announcement, saying: "A major announcement from Assassinís Creed is only days away. Tune in to http://www.assassinscreed.com/ tomorrow for more details."

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Mar 3, 2012, 05:46 Jerykk

I really like the settings of the AC games. They take on settings that other big-budget games won't touch. Unfortunately, the gameplay leaves much to be desired. Too much emphasis on style, not enough on substance. The games are largely automated, with the player only needing to hold down a couple of buttons in order to perform the majority of actions.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Mar 1, 2012, 13:02 Creston

The "Major" announcement will just be: "Assassin's Creed 3 is coming this fall!"

That's all it will be.

That said, I gotta admit a Civil War AC might be interesting, but they really have to start mixing up the gameplay, because I'm sure as hell not interested in yet ANOTHER copy of AC Brotherhood.

I'm kind of curious how Desmond's lineage manages to go from pureblood Italian to Native American, though...

Creston

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2012, 13:17.

21. Re: Mar 1, 2012, 09:33 Panickd

Quinn wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 01:38:
A bitter taste in my mouth. I find the Assassin's Creed series so incredibly boring and crap altogether that I cannot express enough how much I'd love that series to end.

Brotherhood was ok, still boring like every other AC though. Revelations I ditched after 30 minutes into the game when I noticed it was the same shit AGAIN.

Not to shit all over you but if you don't like the AC games why play them at all? Clearly they're not your thing. I think COD has been shit since the original MW came out. I stopped playing them. They continue to make them and others continue to enjoy them and that's fine, they're just not my thing.

20. Re: "Major" Assassin's Creed Announcement Nears Mar 1, 2012, 08:53 Verno

Assassin's Creed: The Facebook Game announced.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

19. Re: Mar 1, 2012, 05:52 J

Ezio will be augmented and will also be able to see enemy's paths. I didn't ask for this!  

18. Re: "Major" Assassin's Creed Announcement Nears Mar 1, 2012, 04:37 pagb

"major" Ubisoft announcement nears... not interested, at all.  

17. Re: "Major" Assassin's Creed Announcement Nears Mar 1, 2012, 01:57 Sepharo

I'm going to predict that the character will be involved in this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_New_York_Fire_of_1776

Seeing as how both sides blame each other and nobody knows what actually happened. Going to be some flaming building hopping.

16. Re: Re: Mar 1, 2012, 01:39 OpticNerve

Whoops! Didn't see that earlier link.

I like the new setting but I'm not liking that design much (if it is the final design) since it just seems like it'll stand out given the time-frame it takes place in. Can't really blend in when you're the only one walking around wearing a white hood and everyone else is wearing hats and whatnot. That garb just looks too out of place.

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2012, 01:47.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

15. Re: "Major" Assassin's Creed Announcement Nears Mar 1, 2012, 01:38 Quinn

A bitter taste in my mouth. I find the Assassin's Creed series so incredibly boring and crap altogether that I cannot express enough how much I'd love that series to end.

Brotherhood was ok, still boring like every other AC though. Revelations I ditched after 30 minutes into the game when I noticed it was the same shit AGAIN.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

14. Re: Re: Mar 1, 2012, 01:31 Sepharo

Why a Colonial Assassinís Creed Makes Complete Sense (and Sounds Awesome)

How do they write this stuff so fast at Kotaku?

Gotta say I agree with the author though.

13. Re: Re: Mar 1, 2012, 01:30 Sepharo

OpticNerve wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 01:10:
Was linked to this earlier today. Not sure if it's legit or not but given the comments here so far, it seems likely.

That's what we're commenting on, from post 5 and twice quoted

12. Re: Mar 1, 2012, 01:10 OpticNerve

Was linked to this earlier today. Not sure if it's legit or not but given the comments here so far, it seems likely.

Needless to say, SPOILER ALERT if you don't wanna know what the main character might end up looking like.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2012/02/acfullimage.jpg

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

11. Re: Mar 1, 2012, 00:58 Sepharo

I still have yet to play any games in this series but I've been meaning to try it out.

I think climbing around colonial american cities would be great. The assassin isn't going to be in the fields of battle and it's not like he was climbing skyscrapers in the earlier games.

10. Re: "Major" Assassin's Creed Announcement Nears Mar 1, 2012, 00:53 Razumen

Considering assassins generally want to keep a low profile, and if seen disappear quickly, the whole climbing on buildings thing didn't really make a whole lot of sense. But fun trumps sense so whatever.  

9. Re: Mar 1, 2012, 00:12 elefunk

Climbing and scaling huge structures has gotten pretty old. I wouldn't mind seeing a dramatic departure in gameplay, even if that means much smaller buildings.  

8. Re: "Major" Assassin's Creed Announcement Nears Feb 29, 2012, 23:16 Wallshadows

Hell if I know how it would work.  

7. Re: Feb 29, 2012, 22:56 Cutter

Bumpy wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 22:41:
Wallshadows wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 21:54:
Apparently the rumor is that the main character will be a Native American during the American Revolution.

Whether this corresponds with that, who knows.

How is that going to work...? Jump from tepee to tepee? Blend with the buffalo?

Yeah, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Feb 29, 2012, 22:41 Bumpy

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 21:54:
Apparently the rumor is that the main character will be a Native American during the American Revolution.

How is that going to work...? Jump from tepee to tepee? Blend with the buffalo?

5. Re: Feb 29, 2012, 21:54 Wallshadows

4. Re: "Major" Assassin's Creed Announcement Nears Feb 29, 2012, 21:48 Cutter

Oh yeah, it's the new series for sure. I'm curious as to where/when it's going to take place. I wish they'd foorget all the silly time travel/corporate conspiracy nonsense and just tell the assassins story in a certain time and place. I liked Ezio but didn't give a crap about whatshisnuts.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo