Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Reckoning DLC Next Month

EA and 38 Studios announce Legend of Dead Kel, the first DLC for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, the RPG developed by 38 Studios' Big Huge Games. The DLC is due on March 20th for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Here's a bit on what this is about: "Featuring a mysterious tale of intrigue, danger and dark magic on the island of Gallows End, players will encounter shadowy characters and new enemies, and will experience a host of new side quests, treacherous battles and exciting new challenges. The Legend of Dead Kel gives players access to Gallows End, a gigantic new continent to explore where players claim ownership of a vast personal estate and experience new weapons, Twists of Fate and other perks against new enemies." Here's a feature list:

• An Epic New Questline – The Legend of Dead Kel is only part of the story of Gallows End. It intertwines with numerous side quests, multiple dungeons to explore and a colorful cast of characters
  • New Enemies, Dungeons, Items – Multiple new enemies and enemy variants, a new dungeon type: Dverga Fastings, three new Twists of Fate, eight new armor sets, eight new shields and 18 new unique weapons
  • The Ultimate Player Housing – Gravehal Keep is more than just player housing, it's a massive estate with multiple buildings and a full retinue of retainers, each with their own back stories, side quests, perks and quirks
  • Tons more to Explore – The Legend of Dead Kel DLC adds in more than 15% of additional land to traverse and explore in the already massively expansive world that is Amalur

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Mar 1, 2012, 07:30 Bhruic

This is one of those rare games that actually seems to get better the more I play it. I think part of the problem is that there are too many side-quests early on, making it easy to get bogged down in relatively meaningless quests. The story-line and faction quests, on the other hand, are much better - especially the House of Ballads one. Not only was the story good (much better than anything from Skyrim, imo), but it had some nice moral ambiguity to it.

I might actually look forward to this DLC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 18:42 Leper

There should be some standard launcher for Windows games so every game developer wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel with key binding, FOV settings and other stuff I can't think of now.  

13. No subject Feb 29, 2012, 17:50 HairySoap

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I tried a few methods to change the keys included some software on their forums someone made to hack it into the game but it's pretty much screws everything else up (Like login)and is complete pain to use.

12. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 17:09 Asmo

HairySoap wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 16:05:
DLC, how special. Can I rebind my damn hotkeys (Being a left handed gamer)? Hell no? Not interested then.
Put in some options that show you care about the PC version and dial back the bloom FFS and I'll be interested.

Try this (worked for me as an ESDF gamer)

Bind Up, right, down, left (as in the actions) in that order. Note that they don't list like that in the menu (I think it's up left down right).

I could not get ESDF to stick until I tried this (was suggested on the Amalur forum). Once you get your movement keys bound, everything else seems to work. May still have the conflict with the video keys if you use the arrows, but if you rebind them first to something else it should (might) stick.

11. No subject Feb 29, 2012, 16:05 HairySoap

DLC, how special. Can I rebind my damn hotkeys (Being a left handed gamer)? Hell no? Not interested then.
Put in some options that show you care about the PC version and dial back the bloom FFS and I'll be interested.

10. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 14:49 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 14:21:
I can haz jump plz?

This video review of Eschalon: Book II also wants haz jump.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

9. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 14:21 Cutter

I can haz jump plz?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 13:33 Verno

LittleMe wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 13:12:
I'm thinking they use excessive bloom to hide the outdated graphics hardware of the consoles. It's cheap make-up. Also the narrow FOV helps performance on consoles.

Definitely, cheap make up is an apt comparison. This game had such offensive bloom I finally got fed up and turned off all post processing. The game has no individual graphic customization options for stuff like that which tells us how much they cared about the PC version.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

7. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 13:23 avianflu

I really think littleme is right. Bloom uses little GPU and hides low-rez textures and low polygons. Perfect for consoles.  

6. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 13:17 Warskull

They go ridiculous with Bloom these days. While FOV I feel isn't as much as an issue with 3rd person games like KoA, any FPS on the PC without options to alter the FOV is a crappy console port.  

5. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 13:12 LittleMe

Sempai wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 12:32:

You just hit a nerve with me.
Bloom(along with bad FoV)is so entirely over used today it's rocketed WAY past the retard watermark.
I picked up Syndicate, and the over use of bloom(understatement)is so beyond stupid it borders on abuse, it's also forced me to ponder how idiotic game designers are today.

There appears to be absolutely no vision for the end product, a complete lack of common sense, and just plain laziness in game development today.

I'm thinking they use excessive bloom to hide the outdated graphics hardware of the consoles. It's cheap make-up. Also the narrow FOV helps performance on consoles.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

4. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 12:35 fds

And where are we supposed to put all those new items?

All I wanted to keep in the base game was all the unique and set weapons and armor, and I just barely managed to finish the game with both the 155 stash space and 120 backpack space all used up already.

3. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 12:32 Sempai

Verno wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 11:00:
I think they just needed to refine things a bit, they tried to do a bit too much at once and as a result many of the gameplay elements feel very rudimentary. Also the lack of things like mounts is a bit puzzling given the size of the world (even with fast travel). The combat system is a good base to build on for future efforts but the rest I couldn't care less about. Also please dial down the bloom fellas, good grief it just got absurd playing with post processing on.

You just hit a nerve with me.
Bloom(along with bad FoV)is so entirely over used today it's rocketed WAY past the retard watermark.
I picked up Syndicate, and the over use of bloom(understatement)is so beyond stupid it borders on abuse, it's also forced me to ponder how idiotic game designers are today.

There appears to be absolutely no vision for the end product, a complete lack of common sense, and just plain laziness in game development today.

I literally cannot get through Syndicate due to it's constant blinding glare shoved into the face of the player, and until i can figure a way to tweak the cgf(another favorite pass time forced on PC gamer's today)and shut the idiocy off, then it's another $50 bucks down the shitter.

2. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 11:00 Verno

I think they just needed to refine things a bit, they tried to do a bit too much at once and as a result many of the gameplay elements feel very rudimentary. Also the lack of things like mounts is a bit puzzling given the size of the world (even with fast travel). The combat system is a good base to build on for future efforts but the rest I couldn't care less about. Also please dial down the bloom fellas, good grief it just got absurd playing with post processing on.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

1. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 10:51 Sempai

The game is far from perfect, but i'm really rooting for Kurt and his crew.
These guys seem like they really love what they do and i've had fun with Kingdoms.
Keep up the good work.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo