Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Steamworks Support

2K Games and Gearbox Software announce Steamworks support will be included in Borderlands 2 when the role-playing shooter is released on September 18th. Here's the deal: "Borderlands 2 players will enjoy the benefits of Steamworks features, such as Steam Achievements, downloadable content, auto-updating, multiplayer matchmaking, Steam Cloud support and more. Customers who purchase the PC retail version of Borderlands 2 will also be able to enjoy all the great Steamworks features as well."

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

4. Re: Borderlands 2 Steamworks Support Feb 29, 2012, 10:32 Prez

I can kind of see why someone would be miffed about a game requiring Steam (though it's my preferred poison of choice, so it's fine with me) , but the way I see it there's really no point in complaining about Steamworks DRM in a retail game unless the game would have been DRM-free without it, which is unlikely. Would you rather Tages, Securom, Safedisc, Starforce, etc.?

We'd all prefer "none at all", but that wasn't one of the multiple choice options. It's also not a practical expectation these days, unless we're talking CD Projekt.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Borderlands 2 Steamworks Support Feb 29, 2012, 10:21 fightinfilipino

Yakubs wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 09:56:
Downloadable content? What a great feature for players to enjoy. I for one would enjoy it even more if it came out on Day 1 and cost at least ten dollars.

And who wouldn't want DRM built into their retail copy of the game?

they mean MODS. i'm not a fan of day 1 DLC either, but they're referring to MODS on Steamworks here.

2. Re: Borderlands 2 Steamworks Support Feb 29, 2012, 09:56 Yakubs

Downloadable content? What a great feature for players to enjoy. I for one would enjoy it even more if it came out on Day 1 and cost at least ten dollars.

And who wouldn't want DRM built into their retail copy of the game?

1. Re: Borderlands 2 Steamworks Support Feb 29, 2012, 09:45 Verno

Fair enough but it means nothing if they don't properly test it (a la Brink). I hope they take the time do the PC version properly, the original release was a complete mess.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo