Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Baldur's Gate Tease

A new Baldur's Gate Website is online, though for mow it offers little more than a quote and some theme music. After determining this belongs to Beamdog, the digital distributor that put out MDK2 HD, the folks at GameBanshee reached out to former BioWare designer Trent Oster, co-founder of Beamdog, and got him to tell them this about whatever the site is for: "We're not related to the Steam complete edition, I can tell you that much. Other than that, we're hoping to announce something soon."

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

40. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Mar 1, 2012, 03:58 Cram

sauron wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 19:32:
avianflu wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 10:07:
The latest rumour is that it is BG2 for ipad btw.

I almost fried my Android tablet trying to shoehorn Planescape Torment onto it with an emulator. Had to reset it to factory defaults. True story. I'm such a nerd.

I like this. That game deserves no less than this effort.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 19:32 sauron

avianflu wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 10:07:

I almost fried my Android tablet trying to shoehorn Planescape Torment onto it with an emulator. Had to reset it to factory defaults. True story. I'm such a nerd.

Kittens!

38. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 19:26 sauron

Planescape:Torment in HD, preferably with 3D a la The Witcher. /drool.

'What is the nature of a man (in 3D)'?

Kittens!

37. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 16:17 Cram

I doubt it is a new game, and as already suggested it is likely a port rather than a remake.

I hope I end up eating my words. One of the best series of games ever made.

36. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 13:37 wonkawonka

I just think one should automatically be able to recover after a fight. It's just being done manually in BG2, with a chance of failure (ambush). It's just that the idea of "resting 16 hours" after a fight to simply recover your spells and a bit of HP is... abnormal.  

35. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 11:16 ledhead1969

It's going to be a FPS.  

34. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 10:58 Hyatus

Zarkonis wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 08:37:
On the PS2 version of BG2, the God-King of Mulhorand called for the sun chariot. I've been waiting in anticipation ever since. Bring it on, Horus-Re.

There is no PS2 version of BG2. There was Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2, but the Dark Alliance series is a separate deal.

33. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 10:57 Jivaro

Oh here we go...the fans of "action RPGs" start arguing with the fans of the more traditional "turn based RPGs", off to the side the various DnD Rules factions who will be mud wrestling in the corner.

*gets popcorn*

32. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 10:07 avianflu

Have to disagree there -- there's a strategic point with needing to rest. Otherwise you can walk thru a big dungeon and spam enemies with unlimited level 7 fireball spells. No fun in that unless you want an action game. Dragon Age tried to real-time wizard spell casting and it failed: my gang of 3 wizards fried everything in front of them at hard difficulty. I think they nerfed fireball in the first patch and it still didnt fix the problem.

31. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 09:17 wonkawonka

InBlack wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 03:49:
As much as I would like to get excited about a remake, Ive played through both BG and BG2 too many times. I know the story lines and quests pretty much by heart, sure the gameplay is cool and everything but the DnD 2.5 ruleset is so primitive and restrictive it really is huge step back from 3.0 or 3.5.

For me it's worse than that. The stupid, idiotic belief that one needs to "memorize" spells by "resting", which makes one have to rest-fight-rest-fight-rest-fight makes it hell. At this stage why not have the fighter lose 2 points of dex if he hasn't pooped for the day?

30. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 09:05 zodden

WoW! My favorite game series of all time to return?

One can hope

29. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 08:37 Zarkonis

On the PS2 version of BG2, the God-King of Mulhorand called for the sun chariot. I've been waiting in anticipation ever since. Bring it on, Horus-Re.  
Slow and steady might not win the race at first, until you shoot everyone ahead of you.

28. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 08:13 panbient

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 23:17:
No, with "Whats the chance of this coming anywhere near the epicness of BG2 ?" I meant the game they are announcing to announce

That the mods work for BG2 is obvious, i have like 6 dozen of them installed (big world project.. wouldn't do that ever again ,p)

That's cool, though I've seen people miss the obvious before too. I've also installed the big world project (or whatever the one that makes Baldur's Gate start at the beginning of the original and end at the end of the final expansion for part 2 is called). I'm still working up the courage to dive into that.

27. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 07:26 Fibrocyte

You can get BG-1, BG-2, and more for $7.

Link to Gamersgate

Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast
Baldur's Gate II
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
Icewind Dale
Icewind Dale 2
Planescape Torment
The Temple of Elemental Evil

26. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 04:32 entr0py

wonkawonka wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 02:54:
Funny I just a couple of days ago started playing IWD from GOG. I'd missed it the first time around (but not BG/BG2, I still have the big collector edition box on my shelf).

If you also missed Planescape:Torment, you should play that next. It was fantastic.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/planescape_torment

25. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 03:49 InBlack

As much as I would like to get excited about a remake, Ive played through both BG and BG2 too many times. I know the story lines and quests pretty much by heart, sure the gameplay is cool and everything but the DnD 2.5 ruleset is so primitive and restrictive it really is huge step back from 3.0 or 3.5.

Now a new Baldur's Gate that would definitely be something to get excited about...

I have a nifty blue line!

24. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 02:54 wonkawonka

Funny I just a couple of days ago started playing IWD from GOG. I'd missed it the first time around (but not BG/BG2, I still have the big collector edition box on my shelf).  

23. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 02:09 Kastagir

I wonder if this isn't just a repackaged, commercial version like BGT-Weidu that combines BG1, TotSC, BG2 and ToB. We can already play that in widescreen, high resolution if we so desire. If this is something else, like a graphics overhaul, I'll be excited enough. I just hope it isn't a port to iOS or Android.  

22. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 02:02 entr0py

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. It's hard to imagine that they will redo sprites or backgrounds. But that's all the game consists of visually. Of course, it would be awesome if they did make new per-rendered models for everything.  

21. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 01:50 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 01:40:
eunichron wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 23:47:
I got so excited I punched my cat.

I hope that's a euphemism for having sex with your woman or I'm calling the SPCA!!!

It should be highly illegal to tease like this with something as important as Baldur's Gate!
Techie714 wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 00:54:
eunichron wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 23:47:
I got so excited I punched my cat.

LOL sad kitty =(

Hey, he knows the risks sitting on my lap while I'm reading Blue's. But, for safety reasons, I ought to keep my bedroom door closed tonight.

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo