Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

As an inside joke I share with a buddy goes, everybody likes pancakes, so happy National Pancake day to all of you here in the U.S. (as well as flapjack-crazed folks from around the world planning to move here just to be able to celebrate the occasion). The IHOP National Pancake Day Page shows how to find your nearest location to get free short stack of buttermilk pancakes to benefit your belly, and the opportunity to offer a donation to the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Unfortunately for those overseas, though IHOP once stood for International House of Pancakes, this apparently refers to the cuisine, rather than their locations, as they only have restaurants in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Guatemala.

Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Commando Defense. Jockey shorts?
Links: Life Sized Portal Turret. Thanks TDW Geeks.
Lego International Space Station in Space.
Science: IBM scientists discuss quantum computing breakthrough.
Media: Limbo with a Flashlight.
Movie: The Movie. Thanks nin.
Yorkie Goes Crazy at the Toilet.
The Funnies: Skyrim Scared For Life.
Follow-up: Super Mario Lana Del Rey Parody.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2012, 18:57 space captain

Raven wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 17:29:
Maybe I'm oversensitive,

nah.. you're just hypersensitive

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2012, 17:38 eunichron

"... You can't be like pancakes... all exciting at first, but then by the end you're fuckin' sick of em." - Mitch Hedberg  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2012, 17:29 Raven

"Skyrim Scared (sic) For Life"

Maybe I'm oversensitive, but I didn't find the joke with the child sexual abuse interview doll very funny...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2012, 15:03 DG

Skyrim 1.4.27 out http://www.bethblog.com/category/skyrim/ no biggies though other than remapping the MS controller and fixing followers sneaking.

Also, it says it's now out of beta but I'm participating and don't think I had it before.

edit: no I'm not, forgot I disabled it. I probably missed this being posted about before then. So, er, yeah, I like flapjacks with dates or sultanas, and someone makes them round here with a bit of ginger, yum. Scotch pancakes beat regular ones IMHO.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2012, 15:08.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2012, 13:49 jacobvandy

I love pancakes, it's been way too long since I've had some. My mom makes really great ones, and she says buttermilk is indeed the secret. Apparently it's even better when the stuff has spoiled a bit, which grossed me out at first, but I can't argue with the results!

BTW Blue, you're still international even if you're "only" in four countries.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2012, 12:34 Verno

That Limbo with a flashlight is brilliant.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2012, 12:33 Cutter

I'm more a flapjack man myself.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2012, 12:20 PHJF

Cardboard saucers??? Put some baking powder in there, fluff them right up. And I've made pancakes from scratch that were basically no different than Bisquick ones. I've never personally used buttermilk but I assume that's basically the only way to get extraordinary flapjacks.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2012, 11:05 Creston

I do love pancakes, but not the cardboard saucers that are considered pancakes here in the US...

Creston

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2012, 10:14 nin

Saw the yorkie video earlier. That's a fucked up dog.

My skyrim soundtrack cds finally shipped! Woot!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo