Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Previews

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Evening Previews Feb 28, 2012, 08:40 JayDeath

Yeah, I really enjoyed Risen although I didn't finish it mainly because of the repetitiveness of the cave fighting after Chapter 4 but also because I've read from several players that the end boss was insanely difficult and I didn't want to be bothered with that so I stopped playing. I really liked the combat system although a lot of ppl complained about it. It's so much better than button mashing. I'll probably check out the sequel.  
Steam: Henry Krinkle

Why isn't there a remake of Westworld?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Previews Feb 28, 2012, 07:16 avianflu

I enjoyed Risen 1 but at the same time it was a pale shadow of gothic 2's expansive world.

Some of the quests in Risen at the mage academy were stunningly tedious.

4. Re: Evening Previews Feb 27, 2012, 23:56 Jerykk

I'm liking the increased emphasis on non-combat skills. I'm also liking the increased open-endedness of the quests. However, like the previewer, I have concerns about companions. The companions in the previous games were all overpowered. If you spend the majority of Risen 2 with companions, it's probably going to be a very easy game, which kinda goes against a principle of the Gothic/Risen games.  

3. Re: Evening Previews Feb 27, 2012, 23:18 Pineapple Ferguson

Indeed. Plus, I'm actually looking forward to this game. I enjoyed Risen 1. Felt more like a Gothic title than Gothic 3 did.  

2. Re: Evening Previews Feb 27, 2012, 22:24 Cutter

I've always loved the GameBanshee!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Evening Previews Feb 27, 2012, 22:02 Jerykk

I love GameBanshee previews. They actually go into detail about things I care about.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo