Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Previews

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Evening Previews Feb 28, 2012, 08:40 JayDeath

Yeah, I really enjoyed Risen although I didn't finish it mainly because of the repetitiveness of the cave fighting after Chapter 4 but also because I've read from several players that the end boss was insanely difficult and I didn't want to be bothered with that so I stopped playing. I really liked the combat system although a lot of ppl complained about it. It's so much better than button mashing. I'll probably check out the sequel.  
Steam: BenRichards

Shadow of Mordor is wonderful.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Previews Feb 28, 2012, 07:16 avianflu

I enjoyed Risen 1 but at the same time it was a pale shadow of gothic 2's expansive world.

Some of the quests in Risen at the mage academy were stunningly tedious.

4. Re: Evening Previews Feb 27, 2012, 23:56 Jerykk

I'm liking the increased emphasis on non-combat skills. I'm also liking the increased open-endedness of the quests. However, like the previewer, I have concerns about companions. The companions in the previous games were all overpowered. If you spend the majority of Risen 2 with companions, it's probably going to be a very easy game, which kinda goes against a principle of the Gothic/Risen games.  

3. Re: Evening Previews Feb 27, 2012, 23:18 Pineapple Ferguson

Indeed. Plus, I'm actually looking forward to this game. I enjoyed Risen 1. Felt more like a Gothic title than Gothic 3 did.  

2. Re: Evening Previews Feb 27, 2012, 22:24 Cutter

I've always loved the GameBanshee!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

1. Re: Evening Previews Feb 27, 2012, 22:02 Jerykk

I love GameBanshee previews. They actually go into detail about things I care about.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo