Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 28, 2012, 09:03 TurdFergasun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84wJlDC8--o

not exactly topical, but somewhat.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 28, 2012, 08:34 eRe4s3r

Dropping them in a polite conversation is fine, because humor and sarcasm work in verbal communication, they do not however work in internet text messages. People can mistake anything you write in jest as something you meant totally serious, and all it takes is for them to read your text with the wrong mentally imagined voice.

Also, law enforcement generally always does not understand humor or sarcasm.

Edit: Fixed a typo

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2012, 10:18.

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 28, 2012, 07:33 Dmitri_M

So tasteless dark humour is illegal now?

That's sad because my entire sense of humour is based around thinking up awful ways to do away with people and dropping these statements into polite conversation to shock people. Damn.

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 28, 2012, 02:57 Luke

Lets see with the new google policy what will google use all that info of the user for , things are going the wrong way but people are blind and don't give a shit "hell peps accept faceshit so they probely accept ours too" Clown `s  

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 28, 2012, 02:19 Veterator

Bad taste, but hell..the guy said "Want".

I could post @Apple_Store, I want all of your inventory. Could be interpreted as theft......

I want to see some nudes of...... could be I was planning on peeping on her..they should totally identify me and arrange for my "trial by news" because my words COULD be instead of ARE.

Bad taste and really striking vulgar comments, but hell they have people from churches and political crazies running around with signs like "The only good fag is a dead fag" or vaguely threatening wording to Obama. Do they get arrested? I mean hell they are crazy enough to show up on camera with the signs in crowds/gangs/mobs.

When it comes to Bachmann, you could write "Someone should knock some sense into Michelle Bachmann" and no one would bat an eye...because she's a nut. And we ignore nuts until they DO something that requires the law to step in.

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 28, 2012, 01:05 Kitkoan

You mean like the one guy who just got fined 85 and has to do 150 hours of community service for a racist message on twitter?

Article about the sentence.

His message was quote "With the number of darkies in your f*cking team, you should be called the C**n Army."

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 27, 2012, 23:28 Dev

Thats only the latest in a trend.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2012, 15:27.

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 27, 2012, 23:09 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 22:45:
Imagine how overwhelmed the police and courts would be if everyone starts reporting every time someone online says something they don't like.

Blues will become a very quiet place.

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 27, 2012, 22:45 Cutter

On a serious note that could have a chilling effect on free speech. No, threats are not protected speech, but we have to apply a ceratin amount of common sense to statesments that are obviously fanciful or hyperbole. Imagine how overwhelmed the police and courts would be if everyone starts reporting every time someone online says something they don't like.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 27, 2012, 21:47 The Half Elf

Thank you nin for making my evening  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 27, 2012, 21:14 nin

In the tweet that sparked the federal investigation against him, Mr. X wrote that he wants to f*** Michelle Bachmann

Aw, that's kinda sweet!

with a Vietnam era machete, according to court records.

er...nevermind...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo