Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours

BioWare Social Network has a summary of the first magazine review of Mass Effect 3, which offers impressions of BioWare's action/RPG sequel. It also offers perspective on how long the game should last, saying the main quest runs for about 15-20 hours, which amounts to about 40 hours of total playtime, saying "side missions are vital to amass enough opposition to the Reaper threat." They also note the game includes about 90 minutes of cutscenes, while also offering impressions of the game that do not involve clock-watching. Thanks Computer and Video Games. On an interesting side note, while noting the game's preorders are well ahead of its predecessor's, MCV also points out that Destructoid recently put on a green visor to do some accounting to tally up what it would cost to get all the DLC planned for Mass Effect 3. This results in an eye-popping $869.91 price tag. Part of the reason this ends up so inflated is because some of it is bundled with Razor hardware, though this illustrates the problem the plan presents to a completionist. Finally, if you are in need of some marketing, Game Informer has a commercial for the game.

View
65 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

65. Re: Question! Mar 1, 2012, 03:56 peteham

Jerykk wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 03:48:
I'm pretty sure there is no Digital Deluxe version of ME3 for consoles, since consoles don't offer digital distribution of brand new games.
It seems it will be available through PSN. Not sure about Xbox Marketplace, but wouldn't surprise me if it's available digitally there as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

64. Re: Question! Mar 1, 2012, 03:49 peteham

I didn't include my original question so it might have been hard to see from my original post, but I was asking specifically about the PC Digital Deluxe edition, not the CE, so that's probably all the support rep is commenting on. That is, the physical CE versions likely include Ashes on all platforms, but only the Xbox and PS3 versions of the Digital Deluxe version do. At least that's how I read it.

We'll see in a week's time I guess. I'm going to wait this one out for a year or so anyway, much as it pains me since I love the Mass Effect series

63. Re: Question! Mar 1, 2012, 03:48 Jerykk

I'm pretty sure there is no Digital Deluxe version of ME3 for consoles, since consoles don't offer digital distribution of brand new games.  

62. Re: Question! Feb 29, 2012, 19:45 eRe4s3r

Thats so absurd that i don't buy it. The Amazon description of the PC CE edition says it includes it, and all ME DLC ever released was not console exclusive. Just another case of a stupid reply from support. Remember there is a reason I am asking here, and its not that i didn't try asking EA directly....  

61. Re: Question! Feb 29, 2012, 18:01 Quinn

peteham wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 07:31:
Hilarious update ensues.. I asked EA support directly. Here's the reply:

"Please allow me to share that 'Ashes DLC' is available with Mass Effect 3 N7 Digital Deluxe Edition for Xbox and Ps3. It is not available for PC version."

So there you have it, guys.. Apparently no Ashes with the PC version. Though, to make me feel better, they kindly provided me with a 15% discount code for Origin - which alas cannot be used for pre-orders or new releases. But at least it's valid until the last day of the calendar month.. Which happens to be.. Uh.. Today..

I swear, I'm not making this up
Thanks, EA!

Ugh... that's bad.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

60. Re: Question! Feb 29, 2012, 09:39 Verno

"Please allow me to share that 'Ashes DLC' is available with Mass Effect 3 N7 Digital Deluxe Edition for Xbox and Ps3. It is not available for PC version."

So there you have it, guys.. Apparently no Ashes with the PC version. Though, to make me feel better, they kindly provided me with a 15% discount code for Origin - which alas cannot be used for pre-orders or new releases. But at least it's valid until the last day of the calendar month.. Which happens to be.. Uh.. Today..

Thanks, EA!

That's really absurd and just goes to show how gouge heavy EA is going to be with the PC platform.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

59. Re: Question! Feb 29, 2012, 09:35 nin

Thanks, EA!

And people wonder why EA is hated???

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

58. Re: Question! Feb 29, 2012, 08:17 Prez

It was such a great blessing to all gamers when Bioware was bought by those incompetent sacks of shit.

Can anyone really deny any longer that Bioware is distinctively worse now that they belong to EA? I don't hear many apologists saying nothing has changed anymore- probably because that flies in the face of the evidence - but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the cause was the EA acquisition. And it's not like EA doesn't have a history of utterly destroying once-great game developers. Maxis, Westwood, Origin, Bullfrog...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

57. Re: Question! Feb 29, 2012, 07:31 peteham

Thanks, EA!

56. Re: Question! Feb 28, 2012, 21:18 eRe4s3r

I got the pre-order for the N7 Digital Deluxe Edition for less than the Normal ME3 edition on Origin. Talk about absurd. So I pay 50€ - but the normal costs 55€ and the N7 75€

So I saved 25€ by not buying on Origin and got the N7 for less than the normal game. (Bought via GMG when they had the 25% coupon and in british pound which gave me another round of savings ;p)

Absurd, truly and utterly.

As for the DLC...
I guess we'll see on the 9th (As I am European ~.~)
GMG does not say the N7 version includes this, and neither does Origin +.+ I am suspecting Bioware might not be right on this one.. argh, confusion

55. Re: Question! Feb 28, 2012, 19:23 Creston

peteham wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 15:36:
Creston wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 11:07:
So much for EA "promoting" digital, when they put more goodies into the actual box.
Well they certainly are over here. Digital Deluxe is $107, CE boxed is $143 most places

The DLC confusion surrounding this game is insane. Does the Digital Deluxe version include Ashes? Is that also the case when not bought directly through Origin? Bang up job by EA there, as evident by the people asking on forums everywhere. It's hard to be sure with the 10.000 different descriptions they're throwing around based on locale and outlet, but this tweet by Casey Hudson seems to confirm that it is indeed included: http://twitter.com/#!/CaseyDHudson/status/172724931149303809

So as usual, EA doesn't even know WHAT it's fucking doing. It was such a great blessing to all gamers when Bioware was bought by those incompetent sacks of shit.

Anyway, thanks for the linkies.

Creston

54. Re: Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours Feb 28, 2012, 16:15 Quinn

Bought and played the Arrival DLC tonight. Must have for the third part!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

53. Re: Question! Feb 28, 2012, 15:36 peteham

Creston wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 11:07:
So much for EA "promoting" digital, when they put more goodies into the actual box.
Well they certainly are over here. Digital Deluxe is $107, CE boxed is $143 most places

The DLC confusion surrounding this game is insane. Does the Digital Deluxe version include Ashes? Is that also the case when not bought directly through Origin? Bang up job by EA there, as evident by the people asking on forums everywhere. It's hard to be sure with the 10.000 different descriptions they're throwing around based on locale and outlet, but this tweet by Casey Hudson seems to confirm that it is indeed included: http://twitter.com/#!/CaseyDHudson/status/172724931149303809

52. Re: Question! Feb 28, 2012, 11:07 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 05:30:
Ok, so does anyone actually know whether the N7 Digital Deluxe Edition is including this stupid From Ashes DLC or not?

Damn EA support closed 3 of my support questions about this WITHOUT REPLY. For real Does anyone know?

I don't think it does, no... Here's a list of what you get with the digital edition:

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/pbPage.me3

which strangely enough is what I get with the collector's edition (for the same price), but I also seem to get the DLC included. (or a code, more likely, which is absolutely guaranteed to not fucking work on day one, seeing as how the codes for Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 didn't work either until days later, and everyone at Bioware and EA is too fucking retarded to figure this shit out, apparently.)

And 2 more times for male vs female renegade/paragon.

And depending on how many influences me1/me2 saves have, it could even have a lot more re-playability... Not to mention that i need to do at least 1 playthrough where i actually lose the game instead of winning it.

So yeah.. I have my import saves prepared and ready.

I've got six characters ready to be played in ME3, and I'm working on a 7th right now.

I do hope that "losing" is actually a viable option. While you could technically lose the suicide mission in ME2, you REALLY had to force yourself to do so. Shit, it was more difficult to kill everyone in that mission than it was to finish with everyone alive. I hope they've learned from that and make it a bit tougher to finish perfectly and a bit more possible to finish poorly (or disastrously.)

Creston

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2012, 11:28.

51. Re: Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours Feb 28, 2012, 11:06 Creston

Btw, one week 'till release. Woot

Creston

50. Re: Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours Feb 28, 2012, 08:40 Verno

Flatline wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 19:25:
It's worth it if you have 2 or 3 toons that have played through ME 1 & 2 and they make good on their promise that ME3 is going to have wildly different endgames based on your choices.

I'm not holding my breath, but it'd be pretty cool.

The chances of that happening are quite small though, all of the choices in the Mass Effect games so far have been almost inconsequential. Even the death of a teammate is treated with a few lines of text. Large sidequests turn into an email reminder or 20 second cutscene callback. They can't create a game with wildly different scenarios based on player feedback without taking Dragon Age: Origins kind of development time to do it. There's no way they did it in just over 2 years with ME3, especially when they couldn't in ME1 or ME2.

At this point it's probably a better idea to just play for the voiced dialogue differences in the main character but even those have become redundant as both VAs rarely improvise the main script.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

49. Re: Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours Feb 28, 2012, 08:10 theyarecomingforyou

Bhruic wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 22:24:
And rather than wasting more time arguing the obvious, let's look at the definitive example(s): How much does Valve charge for their own games in the UK/Australia?

From looking at the data, it seems that Valve games (Portal 2 being the recent example I used) are, in fact, priced "properly" for the local markets. So yup, you appear to be correct, it must be the publishers that are controlling the prices (it's worth noting boxed copies of Portal 2 were still extremely expensive).
Exactly. That's not to say Valve couldn't do more to address the situation though, as the prices in Europe are typically hugely inflated (except for the UK where they're actually pretty decent). Same with DRM - Valve could take a much stricter approach or make the warning on the store page much more prominent. However, there is no denying that Valve has fundamentally changed how games are sold and priced.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

48. Re: Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours Feb 28, 2012, 05:34 eRe4s3r

And 2 more times for male vs female renegade/paragon.

And depending on how many influences me1/me2 saves have, it could even have a lot more re-playability... Not to mention that i need to do at least 1 playthrough where i actually lose the game instead of winning it.

So yeah.. I have my import saves prepared and ready..

47. Question! Feb 28, 2012, 05:30 eRe4s3r

Ok, so does anyone actually know whether the N7 Digital Deluxe Edition is including this stupid From Ashes DLC or not?

Damn EA support closed 3 of my support questions about this WITHOUT REPLY. For real Does anyone know?

46. Re: Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours Feb 28, 2012, 03:06 entr0py

Jerykk wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 01:53:
It's not like Team Fortress 2 where you have to do an insane amount of grinding to get good items without paying.

I didn't really have trouble unlocking stuff in TF2 at all. It seemed like I unlocked at least one item in every session. And if I already had that item, I could just disassemble it for parts and craft the items I wanted or just trade for them. I'll take TF2's unlockable system over BF3 or CoD's unlockable systems any day.

Well, mostly I meant the pace of unlocks is much quicker than TF2, which I found very slow.

But the mechanics aren't quite like any of those game. You don't have a set track like BF3 or CoD. But you also don't get the same item over and over again as you would in TF2. Aside from consumables, I don't think I've gotten the same item twice.

65 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo