Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sons of Anarchy Game?

A tweet by Sons of Anarchy producer Kurt Sutter indicates they are looking at the possibility of a video game based on the FX TV series about an outlaw biker gang, as he says: "soon to be taking meetings about an SOA game. have a major gaming company interested. trying to figure out costs, platform and timing." A follow-up tweet indicates this would likely be browser-based: "to do a quality platform-based game costs tens of millions and takes years. we're toying with the idea of a high-end browser-based game." He also expresses surprise that something he tweeted out to his 100K+ followers got noticed, as he does not seem to grasp how the twitter machine works. Thanks Blend Games.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 27, 2012, 10:33 mch

I'm assuming aiming will be impossible, and all the characters won't be able to hit the side of a barn with their guns? Just like on the show?  
PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 27, 2012, 08:53 Shataan

If you could look past your myopic stereotypical profiling view of a supposed Biker.... you`d see they are from all walks of life. ALL.

As for their crimes, your peeps in Government all the way to prolly a few Presidents are just as culpable. Even the Pope is not exempt. How we got a Pope who did time in the Hitler Youth is anyones guess. Remember, power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

This is another reason I don`t shed a tear about Devs crying over piracy. I had a few Dev Buds who worked on some pretty popular games back in the day, and they were not above downloading a leak here and there.

There are 2 worlds, the 1 you wanna see, and the other 1 you either refuse to see, or are too afraid to accept. Ymmv.

As for an SOA game, if it is a fps pov I might give it a go. Anything else is a non consideration.

23. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 26, 2012, 10:35 Prez

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 26, 2012, 09:10:

A brotherhood of rape, violence, prostitution, drugs, murder, harassment and intimidation.

Or a brotherhood of bored, disenchanted, wealthy white collar types who are trying to find some sort miniscule joy in their career driven, suburbanite Hell.

Was this a multiple choice question? I choose 'B'.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

22. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 26, 2012, 09:44 TurdFergasun

A brotherhood of rape, violence, prostitution, drugs, murder, harassment and intimidation.

Or a brotherhood of bored, disenchanted, wealthy white collar types who are trying to find some sort miniscule joy in their career driven, suburbanite Hell.

wait a minute, sons of anarchy is a show about wallstreet?

21. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 26, 2012, 09:40 The Half Elf

born2expire wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 17:37:
...created their own brotherhood.

Wasn't that the movie American Beauty?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

20. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 26, 2012, 09:10 Burrito of Peace

...created their own brotherhood.

19. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 26, 2012, 07:52 Prez

I'm not a biker, and I work around a bunch of them to know they can be... different. They certainly aren't the types I socialize with outside of work. I still watch and enjoy Sons of Anarchy. Of course, it goes without saying the game will be non-gamer-focused cash-in drek unless by some miracle the developers are actually given sufficient time and resources to make something halfway decent.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

18. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 26, 2012, 03:57 Umbragen

No, I don't think so.  

17. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 26, 2012, 03:30 OldTimber

Mr Leela aka Sutter, look it up, there knows how-to use twitter and was being tongue in cheek. While not on the level of a Breaking Bad it uses the biker angle as the setting instead of the usual lawyer, cop, fireman, doctor drama motif.  

16. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 26, 2012, 02:08 The Half Elf

Full Throttle anyone?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

15. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 26, 2012, 01:14 Xombie

Cutter wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 16:17:
Xombie wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 14:25:
Cutter wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 13:52:
I've never understood the appeal of bikers. I've always viewed them as dirty criminal scumbags.

Sounds like you've answered your own question.

What question? That was a statement.

Well you said you didn't understand it. But people always like entertainment about criminal scumbags.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

14. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 25, 2012, 23:13 Alamar

I've never understood the appeal of bikers. I've always viewed them as dirty criminal scumbags.

I've always viewed them as antisocial loaners who don't see anything good from "society" and created their own brotherhood.

Do those antisocial, or loners, really create brotherhoods? : )

-Alamar

13. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 25, 2012, 18:05 WyldKat

Yeah, as SomeDude said, Lost and the Damned did a great job of "outlaw biker" gameplay. I'd say that expansion is the high water mark for this game. That said, seeing that this is going to be browser-based, expect another shitty game like Battlestar Galactica Online.  

12. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 25, 2012, 17:37 born2expire

I've always viewed them as antisocial loaners who don't see anything good from "society" and created their own brotherhood.

11. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 25, 2012, 17:31 born2expire

Might be ok, as long as you can play Jax not as a whiny pussy (like on the show) ohhh and if you could tighten up his asshole so he doesn't strut around.  

10. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 25, 2012, 16:17 Cutter

Xombie wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 14:25:

What question? That was a statement.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

9. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 25, 2012, 16:17 The pickle

Kind of like people who pirate games. Or threaten to pirate games.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2012, 16:25.

8. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 25, 2012, 15:24 RailWizard

I first read this as Sons of Guns, and thought, oh great, first 'pickers' now this...

...but I don't watch this show, so uhhh, yeah.

7. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 25, 2012, 15:17 gilly775

Awesome! Bring it on!  

6. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 25, 2012, 14:25 Xombie

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo