Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well tonight is the annual Academy Awards, and in grand tradition, we will probably not watch the show, which goes with our grand tradition of not seeing most of the nominated films until they show up on cable, well after the awards are handed out. It would definitely serve our needs better if the awards were a year later. Though I do have to admit, MrsBlue has been making noises about seeing Hugo this weekend, and if we manage to do that today, it would be two best picture nominees we'd have seen before the show. The last time that happened looks like it may have been 1998 when we saw the two nominated war movies: Saving Private Ryan and The Thin Red Line.

Update: MrsBlue just clarified me that the Oscars are tomorrow night, which pretty much proves my point about how much I care.

Annual Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Castle Commander. Thanks Daniel.
New York Shark.
Stories: Drink? Two Jobs May Open in Utah. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Ben & Jerry's Edits Questionably Racist "Linsanity" Flavor. Thanks Devicer.
New York Man 'Grows' Six Inches Through Surgery. Thanks Devicer.
Media: Boy Loses Leg In Totally Awesome Shark Attack.
Porsche stuck in wet cement.
Robot Chicken: Twilight--The Video Game.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2012, 02:47 xXBatmanXx

Sepharo wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 17:54:
Playing Serious Sam BFE for the first time today... Damn is that a fun game.

I also love be rewarded for my constant jumping on things and checking nooks and crannies. Right around the beginning of the game I was hopping on a dumpster, to a ledge, to a window thinking "This is dumb, I really need to stop doing this in every game." But then low and behold "Parkour secret!" and some extra armor.

I do that as well....ever since the days of Metroid and Super Mario. There always seemed to be this nagging that something was there that I am missing, etc.

It takes me a long time to finish a game, but when I finish, I feel like I got damn near everything out of it that I wanted. One of the many reasons I really enjoy GTA games. I really enjoy exporing each alley and business, etc.

Never understood the cooridor rush through the game "it only took me 4 hours" crap. I have video game ADD - but not THAT bad.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2012, 17:54 Sepharo

Playing Serious Sam BFE for the first time today... Damn is that a fun game.

I also love being rewarded for my constant jumping on things and checking nooks and crannies. Right around the beginning of the game I was hopping on a dumpster, to a ledge, to a window thinking "This is dumb, I really need to stop doing this in every game." But then low and behold "Parkour secret!" and some extra armor.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2012, 05:40.

7. Re: Tribes Beta Feb 25, 2012, 15:30 PHJF

It's fine.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Tribes Beta Feb 25, 2012, 15:03 jdreyer

Anyone playing? How is it?  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2012, 15:00 jdreyer

PHJF wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 13:23:
Cmon blue, nothing important ever goes down on a Saturday.

When you work from home seven days a week, it's easy to lose track of what day of the week it is...

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2012, 13:51 Cutter

nin wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 12:20:
Sunday night?

edit: Also, isn't Hugo out on dvd next week in 3 days?

Hugo was a visual tour-de-force, however that was all it had going for it. Weak story and the main kid was a terrible actor. It's worth watching for the visuals alone, but that's it. Best flick I saw last year with Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. The fact that neither it nor Oldman are even nominated tells you all you need to know about what garbage the Oscars are.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2012, 13:23 PHJF

Cmon blue, nothing important ever goes down on a Saturday.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2012, 12:26 Mr. Tact

Don't feel too bad Blue, at two you'd have me beat by two.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2012, 12:20 nin

Sunday night?

edit: Also, isn't Hugo out on dvd next week in 3 days?

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2012, 12:32.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo