Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May

Capcom offers a new Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Brutality Trailer along with word on release plans for the Windows PC edition of the survival/horror shooter on May 18th:

Additionally, we are happy to announce that the PC version of the game will be coming this May 18th, featuring NVIDIA 3D support and all the features of the console version, including but not limited to the ability to cram grenades into the enemy's mouth and then shove 'im into a crowd. Oh yes.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 25, 2012, 20:02 Wallshadows

What's wrong with the co-op play?

I really didn't like the way it was built around the single player campaign. I greatly preferred the system designed around RE2 where each character followed their own story rather than what we got out of RE4, 5 and even Zero. I don't feel vulnerable as a player when I am packing heat with tree trunk forearms and a locked'n'loaded side kick either.

On top of that, the quick time events really suck but that's more of a general issue in gaming.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 25, 2012, 11:33 Linksil

The single player in RE5 was perfectly fine. The AI did what it was ment to do and didn't get in the way like a lot of co op games in the past. I played through the single player at least 2-3 times (which is a lot for me).

When I first seen this game announcement all I could think of was how much better it would be to play this one on PC instead of console. This coming from a person that's played every other RE game on console. I hate the lax aiming on the consoles compared to PC, I always find myself taking damage or dieing because of not being able to aim fast enough do to controller lag.

Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

11. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 25, 2012, 10:15 Parias

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 21:44:
I agree that they were fun games (except the single player co-op designs)..

What's wrong with the co-op play? I thought the full campaign co-op in RE5 was a real winner - it's the main reason I still pull the game off the shelf every few months to give it another playthrough.

Edit: Unless you were referring to how the entire game was basically built around a co-op design and how this would have impacted singleplayer, in which case I can understand - I've only played the game co-operatively as I couldn't see singleplayer being as much fun.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2012, 10:43.

10. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 25, 2012, 09:19 Lorcin

Ah that explains it then - I'd be surprised if they manage to hold onto that policy if they fail at copy protection on the next console too. And lets face it M$ are kinda well known for security holes.  

9. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 25, 2012, 07:23 Jerykk

MS requires that all X360 games be released either before or simultaneously with the PS3 versions. That's why you will never see any X360 ports of PS3 games.  

8. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 25, 2012, 07:19 Lorcin

I wonder if M$ is paying to get them to release on the 360 at the same time as PS3. Quick check on one tracker shows 360 piracy levels are 54% of the PC levels.

But that's still more than the 0 people who have managed to pirate this on a ps3.

7. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 25, 2012, 03:57 Jerykk

Razumen wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 03:27:
Jerykk wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 01:43:
Ouch. Two month delay. Capcom's recent ports have been well-done but the delays are pretty excessive. If they want to sell more PC copies, they need to release them simultaneously with the console versions.

Two months isn't that bad, are you saying that PC gamers simply won't pick up the game if they have to wait a bit longer than the console crowd? I'd rather wait a bit then never get a decent port (I'm looking at you Rockstar).

Most gamers own both a PC and console(s). If they really, really want to play a game and they have to choose between playing it now on a console or in two months on PC, most will choose to play it on console, even if they have to deal with inferior controls, image quality and framerate. There are several posters on this site that have done this on many occasions.

It's an established fact that delayed ports don't sell as well as simultaneous releases. That's why EA delayed the PC version of Dragon Age for a year in order to ensure that the console versions were released at the same time. The longer the delay, the less people will care about a game. Hype and marketing dissipates quickly once a game is released and even more quickly if it receives poor reviews.

6. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 25, 2012, 03:27 Razumen

Jerykk wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 01:43:
Ouch. Two month delay. Capcom's recent ports have been well-done but the delays are pretty excessive. If they want to sell more PC copies, they need to release them simultaneously with the console versions.

Two months isn't that bad, are you saying that PC gamers simply won't pick up the game if they have to wait a bit longer than the console crowd? I'd rather wait a bit then never get a decent port (I'm looking at you Rockstar).

5. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 25, 2012, 01:43 Jerykk

4. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 24, 2012, 21:44 PHJF

I could never get into RE5; I had no one with which to play it.

Seemed wrong to play it alone.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 24, 2012, 21:44 Wallshadows

I meant more in the grand scheme of things where it seems they are taking off with this new Plagas series which throws Zombies and survival-horror out the window. I agree that they were fun games (except the single player co-op designs), but it never felt like Resident Evil; they could have swapped out the name of the characters and called it Parasite or something and it would have been just as good.

To me, it's unfortunate to think it's refreshing to have a RE game which includes zombies whereas if this was ten or 12 years ago it would be madness to think of a RE game without them.

This will definitely be a day one purchase even if it totally bombs.

2. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 24, 2012, 21:33 Prez

Resident Evil 4 was a fine game, but a lousy port. Res Evil 5 was solid but different, which turned off some. Did 6 even release on PC? All I know is more Resident Evil on PC is always welcome.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

1. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 24, 2012, 21:22 Wallshadows

This is what Resident Evil needs more of. Maybe less overall action, but definitely an improvement over the shit from 4, 5, and likely 6.

Zombies and Mr.X, fuckin' a!

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo