Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed

The Official XBOX Magazine Website reveals Medal of Honor: Warfighter, saying the next installment in the Medal of Honor series of military first-person shooters is the April cover story of their print magazine. This is shy of details as they promote the article, which will hit newsstands on March 6th, so its not even clear what platforms this is coming to, as only the Xbox 360 is mentioned. Thanks GameInformer, where they say this will again follow the story of Tier 1 Operators and note this is teased on the Medal of Honor Website. They also say that like its predecessor, the game is being developed by Danger Close studios, who will handle multiplayer as well (DICE developed MP on the previous MoH), and it will use Battlefield 3's Frostbite 2.0 engine.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 25, 2012, 11:25 netnerd85

meezookeewee wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 22:01:
...meh. I gave up on Medal of Honor after Airborne.
But Airborne was good.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 10:32 Prez

Oompa Loompas are nothing to joke about, my friend. They are dangerous. More dangerous than you could possibly imagine!

Those damn freaky, creepy things gave me nightmares when I was a kid. I am still scarred.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 10:04 Beamer

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 09:36:
Beamer wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 07:40:
I though the multiplayer blew. Like, some of the worst I've ever played. I've never seen a game that handled spawning as poorly - it was extremely common to spawn in site of a sniper and have your head blown off before you take a single step.
Outside of spawn campers in games from the mid 90s I haven't seen that anywhere else.
Make no mistake, I was not implying that it was good; just that it was the best aspect of an abortion of a game.

Oh, fair enough.
I played the full single player, and somehow put in maybe 7 hours in the multiplayer (storming that runway was mildly amusing), and really only remember two things about the game:
1) You'd be spawn killed for at least half your deaths, sometimes repeatedly
2) The ATVs controlled like rocks

It wasn't a very fun game and I don't even recommend it at $5.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

20. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 09:36 theyarecomingforyou

Beamer wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 07:40:
I though the multiplayer blew. Like, some of the worst I've ever played. I've never seen a game that handled spawning as poorly - it was extremely common to spawn in site of a sniper and have your head blown off before you take a single step.
Outside of spawn campers in games from the mid 90s I haven't seen that anywhere else.
Make no mistake, I was not implying that it was good; just that it was the best aspect of an abortion of a game.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

19. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 09:23 Cutter

Prez wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 21:45:
Bard wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 21:27:
more race hate perchance?

Eh? In a game about war in the Middle East what would you expect the enemy to look like, Oompa Loompas?

Oompa Loompas are nothing to joke about, my friend. They are dangerous. More dangerous than you could possibly imagine!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

18. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 09:08 Blackhawk

17. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 07:40 Beamer

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 06:38:
The only redeeming quality of the original was the multiplayer, which was handled by DICE. Now that Danger Close has taken over the development of that as well I wouldn't even touch the game if I was paid to. After the disaster that was Medal Of Honor, Danger Close should have been shut down and everyone responsible kicked out of the gaming industry. Shocking.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

16. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 06:38 theyarecomingforyou

The only redeeming quality of the original was the multiplayer, which was handled by DICE. Now that Danger Close has taken over the development of that as well I wouldn't even touch the game if I was paid to. After the disaster that was Medal Of Honor, Danger Close should have been shut down and everyone responsible kicked out of the gaming industry. Shocking.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

15. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 05:54 Prez

CMO wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 01:49:
Dude, you're a dumbass. Do you NOT know how COD got started? The guys that made Medal of Honor left EA to make COD so who's copying who? Get off of "Acti's" (<--so gay) nuts.

Nice first post. You're obviously going to contribute tons to intelligent conversation here.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2012, 06:51.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 04:16 Jerykk

CMO wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 01:49:
Dude, you're a dumbass. Do you NOT know how COD got started? The guys that made Medal of Honor left EA to make COD so who's copying who? Get off of "Acti's" (<--so gay) nuts.

I assume you're a troll, given your belligerent manner and the fact that this is your first post. That said, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. First, check your facts. Yes, Infinity Ward was originally comprised of members from 2015, developers of MoH: Allied Assault. However, Allied Assault was not the first MoH game. The original MoH was a Playstation game designed by Dreamworks Interactive. Nobody at Infinity Ward had anything to do with it.

Secondly, MoH was never even remotely as popular as modern CoD. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that the vast majority of CoD players never played a MoH game before the newest one was released. That's largely because the series was pretty much dead until CoD became popular, at which point EA tried to jump on the military shooter bandwagon and resurrect the series. The latest MoH was more inspired by recent CoD games than it was by the original MoH games, hence the term "CoD-clone."

As I said before, if EA wants MoH to stand out and not be dismissed as another CoD-clone, they need to take it in a whole new direction. A rigidly linear and scripted, pseudorealistic modern military shooter where you play as an American soldier hunting down terrorists isn't going to cut it when people can already get that in BF and CoD.

13. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 02:09 ledhead1969

Hey burnout, thanks for the preaching. It's a fucking game.  

12. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 01:49 CMO

11. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 01:44 Jerykk

I don't really understand why EA is still investing in this franchise. They already have BF, which is a much stronger competitor to CoD. If they really want to keep milking the franchise, they need to drastically change its direction. Another CoD-clone isn't going to cut it.  

10. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 01:18 Hump

ugh. Just bury this franchise already. Its obvious that EA can't do its "Allied Assault" game justice and has been chasing CoD ever since. Instead of trying t copy Acti's perennial shooter, make an original game. Press DICE to do something more than running off copies of Bad Company's MP. Instead of trying to copy someone else's formula, try to push the edge of gameplay as we know it. Tell shareholders to go fuck themselves.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

9. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 00:06 Fantaz

"...and it will use Battlefield 3's Frostbite 2.0 engine."

That was to be expected. Too bad Frostbite doesn't instantly make a bad game great.

8. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 23, 2012, 23:51 Prez

Bard wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 23:23:

Don't know where it's set, and not going to bother finding out, gotten sick of regurgitated garbage that portrays the US's victim nation of that particular invasion cycle as terrorists.

if there was anything decent about the premise the fighting would be about defending your own country IN your own country, not about hunting 'terrorists' in someone elses. Same BS has been in use forever to justify taking brother man's shit.

History man, history. If you don't know it, you don't know what the hell is going on.

Well that's all well and good, but probably reading way too much into a videogame that just wants to be " Call of Duty: Generic Modern Warfare in the Desert Shooter".

- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 23, 2012, 23:24 scratz

The new Medal of Honor was a disappointment. IIRC, first third was quite well done, and then it was like the development team ran out of money and just shat out the rest as quickly as they could.

It was a great series in its day. I hope they get back on track.

6. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 23, 2012, 23:23 Bard

Prez wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 21:45:

Eh? In a game about war in the Middle East what would you expect the enemy to look like, Oompa Loompas?

Don't know where it's set, and not going to bother finding out, gotten sick of regurgitated garbage that portrays the US's victim nation of that particular invasion cycle as terrorists.

if there was anything decent about the premise the fighting would be about defending your own country IN your own country, not about hunting 'terrorists' in someone elses. Same BS has been in use forever to justify taking brother man's shit.

History man, history. If you don't know it, you don't know what the hell is going on.

5. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 23, 2012, 22:01 meezookeewee

...meh. I gave up on Medal of Honor after Airborne.  

4. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 23, 2012, 21:45 Prez

- Mahatma Gandhi

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo