Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF3 Patch Notes

Battlelog now offers a list of confirmed changes for the upcoming Battlefield 3 patch, though there's no word on when the changes will go live. The list covers all three platforms, and word is that it is not complete, in spite of the incredible number of items it lists.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: BF3 Patch Notes Feb 24, 2012, 09:27 bhcompy

RoverRoverRover wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 02:07:
In a lot of cases, these changes are subtle and I wasn't feeling like my gameplay experience was broken from it.

There are much more glaring issues that I'd like to see fixed. Some are probably major enhancements and too late to fix. DICE, please make these requirements for your future games, because they really diminish the enjoyment for me and my friends!

(XBOX specific?) When friends form a matchmaking group in the main menu:
  • don't let quickmatch put them on separate teams
  • give them a server filter so they can find servers where they will be on the same team
  • don't disband the matchmaking group when they quit a server

• For people that actually care about stats and unlocks, and who make in-game choices based on it:
  • give us a way to check all of our soldier, weapon and vehicle stats while playing the game
  • IMHO, bf:bc2 had better presentation of overall unlock progress through all the guns and gadgets

• Better team balancing!
  • often one team has 2+ fewer people than the other for most of the game. Big disadvantage when < 12 ppl per team.
  • often find one team's players has higher ranks than the other, and consistently wins (no surprise)

• Between games, allow leaving the server at any time, for two reasons:
  • players quit before the game is over so that they aren't forced to wait a whole minute for the next quitting opportunity
  • players that quit as soon as the next game starts could have been replaced more quickly with players that want to join the server

• Better view of the entire level map (both when alive and when spawning)
  • hard to tell when there are unused vehicles elsewhere on the level

• Spawning interface:
  • When a selected squad mate or location becomes unavailable for spawning, don't automatically switch the selection. I hate hitting the button and finding myself somewhere random because it automatically switched the selection moments before.

• Random stuff that bothers me:
  • standing on a flying MAV is way unrealistic and seems like glitching. I'd rather it wasn't possible.
  • spawning people on top of a plane, instead of in the plane
  • same exact animation *every* time you die. How about just dying and staying still?

• You can quit at any time - Alt+F4. Much faster than going through the menus, too.

As far as dying and staying still, tangentially, I've always hoped they'd make it so you can't be revived if you died from a headshot.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: BF3 Patch Notes Feb 24, 2012, 09:27 Shineyguy

Most of the team balancing complaints and issues with the quit when you want item are non-issues on the PC version of the game.

This is what you get for buying a shooter on the consoles.

Only problem I have with the game currently is no voice chat AT ALL with your team mates. This is a step backwards from Bad Company 2; where you could at least talk to other squad mates in the game.

4. Re: BF3 Patch Notes Feb 24, 2012, 09:26 RailWizard

The team balance thing has become a surprisingly big issue. This really highlights what scum a large portion of the community has become, and it's all because of stats.

There are other issues too, like teams full of snipers etc...I read they were going to implement a server side option of class limits, not sure how much I like that, but if it leads to better balanced teams I suppose it is good. It did work in AA:O quite well, but being 'the sniper' was quite rare as it was based on rank. I'd prefer they implement this for ranks as it would probably have the same effect more or less.

Overall the patch looks pretty good IMO.

3. Re: BF3 Patch Notes Feb 24, 2012, 09:24 Quboid

The match-making squads somewhat contradict the balancing issues - at some point, squads will have to be broken up to get a balanced server. It's not going to be a problem most of the time but occasionally.

Balance is something that games have always been terrible at for some reason. Especially now with ranking, it shouldn't be a big ask to have evenly balanced team numbers with similar average rankings, while being able to maintain persistent squads most of the time.

- Quboid

2. Re: BF3 Patch Notes Feb 24, 2012, 08:48 Verno

Mav elevators are fixed, its in those notes. Mavs can also now only kill one player before they explode. The list of changes is extensive and many are not subtle but rather game changing, I'd suggest you fully read it as it's going to drastically change many aspects of the game and I think it'll be mostly positive.

I do like some of your suggestions, particularly with built in team balancing.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2012, 09:02.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
    Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

1. Re: BF3 Patch Notes Feb 24, 2012, 02:07 RoverRoverRover

In a lot of cases, these changes are subtle and I wasn't feeling like my gameplay experience was broken from it.

There are much more glaring issues that I'd like to see fixed. Some are probably major enhancements and too late to fix. DICE, please make these requirements for your future games, because they really diminish the enjoyment for me and my friends!

(XBOX specific?) When friends form a matchmaking group in the main menu:
  • don't let quickmatch put them on separate teams
  • give them a server filter so they can find servers where they will be on the same team
  • don't disband the matchmaking group when they quit a server

• For people that actually care about stats and unlocks, and who make in-game choices based on it:
  • give us a way to check all of our soldier, weapon and vehicle stats while playing the game
  • IMHO, bf:bc2 had better presentation of overall unlock progress through all the guns and gadgets

• Better team balancing!
  • often one team has 2+ fewer people than the other for most of the game. Big disadvantage when < 12 ppl per team.
  • often find one team's players has higher ranks than the other, and consistently wins (no surprise)

• Between games, allow leaving the server at any time, for two reasons:
  • players quit before the game is over so that they aren't forced to wait a whole minute for the next quitting opportunity
  • players that quit as soon as the next game starts could have been replaced more quickly with players that want to join the server

• Better view of the entire level map (both when alive and when spawning)
  • hard to tell when there are unused vehicles elsewhere on the level

• Spawning interface:
  • When a selected squad mate or location becomes unavailable for spawning, don't automatically switch the selection. I hate hitting the button and finding myself somewhere random because it automatically switched the selection moments before.

• Random stuff that bothers me:
  • standing on a flying MAV is way unrealistic and seems like glitching. I'd rather it wasn't possible.
  • spawning people on top of a plane, instead of in the plane
  • same exact animation *every* time you die. How about just dying and staying still?

•  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo