Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Mirror's Edge on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Serious Sam Complete Pack on Steam. Save 66%.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: On Sale Feb 24, 2012, 09:18 Prez

spindoctor wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 01:12:

The game was pretty good for one playthrough. Short (~6 hours) but fun. It's worth getting for sure, just that you need to decide how much you'd be willing to pay for a game of that length.

That's an interesting question. Value is very subjective and differs from person to person, but in my case I view that as two very long movies' worth of entertainment. Two movies on Amazon would cost about 10 bucks each (in some cases less), for a total of 20, so 20 bucks would be the max. I'd be more comfortable with $15.

Not the best metric I admit but it's the one I use. I'd rather pay full price for a game like Deus Ex or Dead Island, where my singleplayer playtime clocks in at 30+ hours.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: On Sale Feb 24, 2012, 01:12 spindoctor

Prez wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 21:49:
It looks really cool, but there's a lot of negative buzz about the campaign length. Is there anything to do once you beat it?

It has a co-op campaign which can last another couple of hours but it's not really well designed so I didn't enjoy it too much. The game has a New Game+ mode where you can play through it again with all of your previous upgrades if you are into that sort of thing.

The game was pretty good for one playthrough. Short (~6 hours) but fun. It's worth getting for sure, just that you need to decide how much you'd be willing to pay for a game of that length.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

8. Re: On Sale Feb 23, 2012, 22:56 xXBatmanXx

Amazon is having a big sale.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7. Re: On Sale Feb 23, 2012, 22:28 PHJF

Yes, play it again... because it's fun!

There is a separate set of missions for coop but it's just fluff.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: On Sale Feb 23, 2012, 22:14 nin

Bought Serious Sam 3: BFE for $13. Couldn't pass it up at that deal.

Oh, wow, missed that. Thanks! Don't forget Double D, either. Fun little game.

And yeah DX for $10 is an awesome deal, and one of my favorites of last year.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: On Sale Feb 23, 2012, 21:49 Prez

PHJF wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 21:33:
Darkness II is $25 at Amazon (Steamworks game), perfect at that price. Hell, Yahtzee himself liked it.

And something amazing about it: From the time I start up the executable to the time I'm playing the game, less than ten seconds passes. No annoying fucking intros that can't be skipped and pretty much the fastest loading time I've ever seen.

It looks really cool, but there's a lot of negative buzz about the campaign length. Is there anything to do once you beat it?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: On Sale Feb 23, 2012, 21:33 PHJF

Darkness II is $25 at Amazon (Steamworks game), perfect at that price. Hell, Yahtzee himself liked it.

And something amazing about it: From the time I start up the executable to the time I'm playing the game, less than ten seconds passes. No annoying fucking intros that can't be skipped and pretty much the fastest loading time I've ever seen.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: On Sale Feb 23, 2012, 20:39 Esoteric

Lots of games on sale at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000771881

Picked up PAYDAY for 5.

2. Re: On Sale Feb 23, 2012, 20:33 Wallshadows

Geez, you really can't go wrong with DE for $10.  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

1. Re: On Sale Feb 23, 2012, 20:26 eunichron

Bought Serious Sam 3: BFE for $13. Couldn't pass it up at that deal.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo