Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EVE Online Plans Outlined

A new EVE Insider Dev Blog invokes Nietzsche to introduce a presumably nihilistic update on near-future plans for EVE Online. The update outlines the success of the Crucible update for CCP's MMORPG, and what will lead to the release of the upcoming EVE Online: Inferno expansion. They say more on Inferno will be unveiled in the coming months, including a showing at next month's EVE Fanfest in Reykjavik, Iceland.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 23, 2012, 15:32 Jonny

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 12:46:
Wow. I didn't understand a word of that. Didn't sound good though.

Heh, Eve has three main blocks of space, high security, low security and null security. Players can't claim high or low security systems, but in return they're protected to an extent by NPC security forces, especially in high sec. In null sec, alliances of player corporations can claim and hold territory but there is no NPC protection whatsoever. It's a free PvP zone.

Naturally the majority of players stay in High sec where they're relatively safe. However because there's no need to band together for safety they're spread over thousands of small corporations and solo players. Whereas in null sec, despite having a much lower population, the dynamics of living out there consolidate the players into a much smaller number of massive alliances.

So, when voting happens to elect players onto the Council of Stellar Management (the liason body between the playerbase and the developers) the delegates from null sec nearly always win the votes, because while high sec denizens outnumber null sec three to one they're not a focused voting bloc while the null sec alliances are.

So with a CSM loaded with delegates from null sec alliances and CCP themselves viewing going to null sec as the ultimate Eve "endgame" it's often accused of being biased against other forms of playing Eve and in cahoots with CCP trying to force people into nullsec.

Eve politics are often more interesting than playing the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 23, 2012, 12:46 Wowbagger_TIP

Jonny wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 11:32:
Unless he's moaning about the Council of Stellar Management, but while people who aren't nullbears tend to complain about the CSM's obvious bias towards nullsec created by the distribution of voting blocs ( and shared by CCP as it's blatantly their favourite play style) I've never seen anything like he's describing.
Wow. I didn't understand a word of that. Didn't sound good though.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

7. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 23, 2012, 11:32 Jonny

Bard wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 09:11:
So basically what he said is correct then? that's sad.

No, out of 12 posts he's got 2 that aren't bitching about Eve or CCP. The T20 reference is about a CCP dev, they play the game and join alliances like everyone else, but in 2006/07 T20 gave his alliance blueprints that gave them an edge over others.

There was a huge row over it, the developer in question doesn't work for them anymore, the alliance in question doesn't exist any more and CCP set up measures to monitor developer accounts to stop it happening again, but some people just won't let it go.

Unless he's moaning about the Council of Stellar Management, but while people who aren't nullbears tend to complain about the CSM's obvious bias towards nullsec created by the distribution of voting blocs ( and shared by CCP as it's blatantly their favourite play style) I've never seen anything like he's describing.

6. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 23, 2012, 09:11 Bard

Theo wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 08:28:
Zanakar wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 03:17:
Wonder if *this* will finally be the update that allows any player to join CCP's Very Special Friends Club. The club that allows members to repeatedly make insults that are equivalent of calling black-skinned people "f*ing n***s" and get away without punishment, while calling a Club member "nerd who needs a life" gets one a forum ban at first and game ban soon afterwards. Saw stuff like that happen more than once during the years I played Eve-Online.
Eve-Online definitely has nice and unique mechanics, yet CCP is so incredibly biased towards "pet" players that it is breathtakingly sickening. In the sandbox that is Eve-Online, all players are equal. Some are just more equal than others.

T20- was years ago. get over it.

So basically what he said is correct then? that's sad.

5. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 23, 2012, 08:28 Theo

Zanakar wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 03:17:
Wonder if *this* will finally be the update that allows any player to join CCP's Very Special Friends Club. The club that allows members to repeatedly make insults that are equivalent of calling black-skinned people "f*ing n***s" and get away without punishment, while calling a Club member "nerd who needs a life" gets one a forum ban at first and game ban soon afterwards. Saw stuff like that happen more than once during the years I played Eve-Online.
Eve-Online definitely has nice and unique mechanics, yet CCP is so incredibly biased towards "pet" players that it is breathtakingly sickening. In the sandbox that is Eve-Online, all players are equal. Some are just more equal than others.

T20- was years ago. get over it.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

4. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 23, 2012, 03:17 Zanakar

3. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 22, 2012, 22:26 Techie714

I tried three different times to get into this game but after this last try I really like how they have streamlined line a lot of stuff. As a Noob, I still find the game difficult but as I go along and play it the game is actually really good. I'll be sticking around for a bit till SW:TOR gets more mature.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 22, 2012, 21:07 Burrito of Peace

Lorcin wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 20:17:
Are they going to do away with the traditional menus and instead put some weird context sensitive ribbon across the top of excel Eve?

Or, maybe they'll Clippy!

1. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 22, 2012, 20:17 Lorcin

Are they going to do away with the traditional menus and instead put some weird context sensitive ribbon across the top of excel Eve?  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo