Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

With Mardi Gras wrapped up, today is Ash Wednesday, kicking off Lent. I think you are supposed to give up bad habits and such for Lent, but I'm a fairly moderate person to start with, so I don't have many obvious prospects. Maybe I should give up some of my restraint? Guess that's cheating.

Restrained Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Rupert's Zombie Diary.
The Lord of the Rings Family Tree Project. Thanks Neatorama.
Links: The World’s Worst Airport Terminals.
Stories: Animal rights group says drone shot down. Thanks Slashdot.
Denver family stranded after passport denied because of crease. Thanks Slashdot.
Oscar voters overwhelmingly white, male.
Media: Can You Type Faster than Freddie Wong?
Robotic Air Guitar.
Triple Fetch.
The Funnies: Brevity.
Funny Tweets Twaggies.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2012, 19:47 Sepharo

nin wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 10:33:
“This is done for national security, for whatever reason they can’t make an exception, period,”

Fuck you, Ray. This is about someone being an asshat and asserting their authority to appear important.

Looking at mine, there's a bolded warning right inside the passport specifically about mutilation. Anyone that let them through with it previously was cutting them a break, you can't count on it that everyone will. Some follow the rules even for white people.

I took a trip to Arizona with a friend recently and he lost his wallet at the bar the night before. Even though it seemed like it would be impossible to board without a proper ID we decided to go to the airport anyway since we're both white and normal looking. Leaving Detroit with only a student ID and an old credit card was surprisingly easy. They gave us some trouble in Arizona on the way back but with some pleading they allowed him to board again. If they didn't we wouldn't have been surprised. Also I'm damn near positive it wouldn't have worked out had we been middle eastern.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2012, 16:04 PHJF

I ditched caffeine seven months ago when I stopped drinking soda. Didn't affect me in slightest, and I used to drink Dr Pepper religiously.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2012, 15:13 nin

CommunistHamster wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 15:10:
Animal rights activists are really scary.

As are redneck hunters.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2012, 15:10 CommunistHamster

Animal rights activists are really scary.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2012, 14:44 Alamar

I highly recommend not giving up caffeine : )

I had a day long headache when I did, so if you can do it 'for good', fine, but if you do it weekly, it's annoying : )

For me, it's been recent enough that I remember the annoyance, so I haven't had any, but in a few weeks/months, who knows : )

-Alamar

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2012, 12:39 Cutter

Hey Blue - and GW2 fans - there was a huge beta update on the official site yesterday and a metric shit-ton of stuff over at the Guild Wars 2 Guru with info, screens, vids, etc! So you may want to list them later.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

3. Re: Oscar voters overwhelmingly white, male. Feb 22, 2012, 12:30 Killer Kane

News Flash:
Rich People That Control The World-Overwhelmingly White & Male

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2012, 12:23 Cutter

Speaking of Lent, I'm about to embark on a new lifestyle/diet. It's the Alternate Day Diet by Dr. James Johnson. I intiailly thought it was a carb shifting/cycling diet but it's actually more of an alternate calorie-reduced diet. So you eat normally one day and reduce calories the next. The data for all the added health benefits beside weight-loss are numerous an amazing. All the reviews have been very positive and I spoke with my physician buddy and he states its the real deal. So, if you're looking at losing some pounds I highly reccomend giving this a read either from the library or buy it at $10 which is totally worth it IMO. He also has a website here where you can take a look at the diet section to get a better understanding of what it all does and how it works. Very cool stuff.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2012, 10:33 nin

I think you are supposed to give up bad habits and such for Lent, but I'm a fairly moderate person to start with, so I don't have many obvious prospects. Maybe I should give up some of my restraint? Guess that's cheating.

I just skimmed this at first and thought you were saying you were giving up cheating...

I was going to jump in with "um...at video games, of course!"

edit:
“This is done for national security, for whatever reason they can’t make an exception, period,”

Fuck you, Ray. This is about someone being an asshat and asserting their authority to appear important.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo