Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• AI War: Fleet Command on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Cities XL 2012 on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Dungeons & Dragons Games on GOG.com. Buy one get one free.
  • The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium Edition on Amazon.com. Save 63%.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: On Sale Feb 22, 2012, 17:47 Prez

nin wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 09:04:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 08:32:
Prez wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 23:34:
I actually DO have some standards. I don't own Yumsters 2 or any of the Nancy Drew games that are on Steam for example.
Well not yet

Bookmarking this posting and sending prez a copy at the next steam xmas sale.

YES!!!! Cheerleading

Umm ... I mean... NO! don't you dare!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: On Sale Feb 22, 2012, 13:02 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 12:31:
if you want building game get Grand Ages Rome - but it ain't a city simulator in the modern times.. so yeah Just throwing it out because you probably know that only other game of this ilk is Sim City

Cities XL 2012 is a true and perfect rip-off - they removed features from previous games and basically just re-released 2011 with some very MARGINAL improvements, and several features STILL missing and some even removed.

Its also incredibly laggy - and by design. The trade interface takes a year to open if your city is large, you are still getting ripped off by the default trader, and the thing is.. you need to use this screen regularly because every time your production changes you want to check whether it broke your trade agreements. And its limited to 1 core, so the performance gets worse and worse up-to-unplayable.

You can get some passing fun out of it though.... choose carefully

I think I'll skip it. I'm not one of the "IT MUST RUN AT 60FPS TO BE PLAYABLE!" people, but at the same time I refuse to watch slide shows. Thanks man!

Creston

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2012, 13:11.

22. Re: On Sale Feb 22, 2012, 12:53 PHJF

How is APB:R? I've seen you playing it a lot and keep forgetting to ask.

Fucking terrible and a horrible pay to win game, like everything else. I was just really bored.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

21. Re: On Sale Feb 22, 2012, 12:31 eRe4s3r

if you want building game get Grand Ages Rome - but it ain't a city simulator in the modern times.. so yeah Just throwing it out because you probably know that only other game of this ilk is Sim City

Cities XL 2012 is a true and perfect rip-off - they removed features from previous games and basically just re-released 2011 with some very MARGINAL improvements, and several features STILL missing and some even removed.

Its also incredibly laggy - and by design. The trade interface takes a year to open if your city is large, you are still getting ripped off by the default trader, and the thing is.. you need to use this screen regularly because every time your production changes you want to check whether it broke your trade agreements. And its limited to 1 core, so the performance gets worse and worse up-to-unplayable.

You can get some passing fun out of it though.... choose carefully

20. Re: On Sale Feb 22, 2012, 12:23 Creston

Maybe he'll get like fifty.

I reallllllllly want to get Cities XL 2012, because I lurve pretty city simulators. But apparently the damn thing only runs on one core, and thus becomes nigh-unplayable once your city reaches like 100,000 people or so.

Anyone have any experience with it?

Creston

19. Re: On Sale Feb 22, 2012, 11:45 nin

Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 11:42:
That would probably work, and Prez just likes to buy stuff on Steam anyway, so it's totally win-win.

I actually DO have some standards. I don't own Yumsters 2 or any of the Nancy Drew games that are on Steam for example.

*makes note to gift Yumsters 2 to Prez at some point in the future.*

Edit : DAMMIT NIN!!!!

Creston

It'll be a race to see how many copies he ends up with!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

18. Re: On Sale Feb 22, 2012, 11:42 Creston

That would probably work, and Prez just likes to buy stuff on Steam anyway, so it's totally win-win.

*makes note to gift Yumsters 2 to Prez at some point in the future.*

Edit : DAMMIT NIN!!!!

Creston

17. Re: On Sale Feb 22, 2012, 10:24 Verno

PHJF wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 02:24:
I gave away the Square Enix pack because I refuse to have Kane & Lynch in my library.

How is APB:R? I've seen you playing it a lot and keep forgetting to ask.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

16. Re: On Sale Feb 22, 2012, 10:11 xXBatmanXx

Dang. Witcher 2 isn't a Steam key....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: You live in Florida, Cutter. Feb 22, 2012, 10:00 Cutter

hb3d wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 03:02:
Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 21:41:
And I have to get a workaround to this US only download thing for Amazon. It's pissing me off to no end.
The work-around is as follows:

In your Amazon account information enter Florida as your state under your billing information. Amazon doesn't check this information for validity with your payment method. It only checks the billing address to see if you live in the US. Since you live in Florida, you're good to go.

LOL! It worked. I can't believe it was that simple. DOH! Thanks dewd! And thanks for the offer Prez!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14. Re: On Sale Feb 22, 2012, 09:04 nin

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 08:32:
Well not yet

Bookmarking this posting and sending prez a copy at the next steam xmas sale.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: On Sale Feb 22, 2012, 08:38 SpectralMeat

Shok wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 22:24:
AI War is the real steal here. $5.77 for the game and all expansions is just crazy. These devs still release regular patches at least monthly, if not more, for the game and have very helpful and active forums. The gameplay is a hybrid of RTS with 4x and even tower defense. And with spectacular AI. And tens of thousands of ships in the late stages of big games. It's like no other game and will only get better as they work on it and release upcoming expansions.

Thanks for the info, I've been thinking about grabbing that game for a while now I might pull the trigger this time. For $6 that's less then most indie games on Steam.

Steam: SpectralMeat

12. Re: On Sale Feb 22, 2012, 08:36 SpectralMeat

Not at $10 a pop it's not. And I have to get a workaround to this US only download thing for Amazon. It's pissing me off to no end.

How's Cities XL 2012? It's more Sim City than Civ I take it?

For amazon just add a US address and you are all set. THat is what I did anyways and it works fine.

For Cities XL don't bother. Other than they've added a few new buildings, the game is pretty much exactly the same as Cities XL2011. I've seen some reviews and youtube gameplay videos of it, and I refuse to pay for that game/exp pack.

11. Re: On Sale Feb 22, 2012, 08:32 SpectralMeat

Well not yet

10. You live in Florida, Cutter. Feb 22, 2012, 03:02 hb3d

And I have to get a workaround to this US only download thing for Amazon. It's pissing me off to no end.
The work-around is as follows:

In your Amazon account information enter Florida as your state under your billing information. Amazon doesn't check this information for validity with your payment method. It only checks the billing address to see if you live in the US. Since you live in Florida, you're good to go.

9. Re: On Sale Feb 22, 2012, 02:24 PHJF

I gave away the Square Enix pack because I refuse to have Kane & Lynch in my library.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: On Sale Feb 21, 2012, 23:34 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: On Sale Feb 21, 2012, 22:37 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 22:10:
And I have to get a workaround to this US only download thing for Amazon.

What if you paypal me the money and I buy it for you and give you the download key? That would work for Steamworks games at least.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

6. Re: On Sale Feb 21, 2012, 22:24 Shok

AI War is the real steal here. $5.77 for the game and all expansions is just crazy. These devs still release regular patches at least monthly, if not more, for the game and have very helpful and active forums. The gameplay is a hybrid of RTS with 4x and even tower defense. And with spectacular AI. And tens of thousands of ships in the late stages of big games. It's like no other game and will only get better as they work on it and release upcoming expansions.  

5. Re: On Sale Feb 21, 2012, 22:10 Prez

And I have to get a workaround to this US only download thing for Amazon.

What if you paypal me the money and I buy it for you and give you the download key? That would work for Steamworks games at least.

- Mahatma Gandhi

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo