Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MechWarrior Tactics Announced

The countdown has now concluded on the MechWarrior Tactics Website, revealing the announcement of this upcoming BattleTech game that looks to offer "everything you love about MechWarrior," with a combination of "turn-based strategy and blends tactical gameplay, deep collectability, and unique online features" when it launches sometime this year. Here's some concept art and here's a feature list:

• Collect, Customize, Command:
    • Earn Experience and new resources as you advance your level through gameplay
    • Upgrade and customize your Mechs in your Mech Bay
    • Make the most of each Mech’s unique configuration for total battlefield domination
  • Customizable Mechs – seamless store integration means never having to leave the game to purchase and equip new resources for your next mission
  • Asynchronous Combat: Multiple concurrent battles with players from around the world
  • Competitive ranked games and global leaderboards lets the world know you’re in charge. Play for a chance to win larger, more meaningful reward payouts
  • Watch and share your completed battle using a unique cinematic replay feature

The site is accepting registrations to reserve commander names

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 22, 2012, 16:10 panbient

I'm starting to think a lot of people are expecting this to be a giant robot game instead of a game about giant robots.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 22, 2012, 08:25 Prez

What makes no sense is that there's already F2P Mechwarrior game in the works. Why not change it up with a paid game with singleplayer functionality.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

29. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 22, 2012, 05:03 Beaner

This seems to be the trend. Take legendary classic games and go F2P with them. Kind of sucks.  

28. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 22, 2012, 01:25 Razumen

I have to agree with some people here, it really sounds like this will be going the F2P route, what with the mention of an integrated store and all. I'm not really sure if this is the right choice for them either; do we really need 2 different F2P Battletech games? It kind of sounds like they are setting themselves up for needless competition with one another.  

27. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 23:54 Prez

Sixtoes wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 21:44:
Parias wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 16:21:
This sounds interesting - it's been a long, long time since I've played a decent turn-based Mech combat game. F***, I don't know - the last one I can genuinely remember off the top of my head was Mission Force: Cyberstorm.

I still remember that one vividly - there's a game I'd love to see show up on GOG.

It's on my GOG top 3 wishlist, along with Warhammer Chaos Gate and any of the Myth games.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

26. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 23:17 verrul

When do we get mechcommander 3?  

25. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 22:37 Lokust

I hate the stupid animéd up concept mech art. I hope the in game visuals don't look like that.  

24. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 22:25 Scud

The Grasshopper and Spider are old designs, there's just so many mech dsigns in the BT universe that if you've only played the games then you have only seen a fraction of the mechs from the original game.  

23. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 21:44 Sixtoes

Parias wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 16:21:
This sounds interesting - it's been a long, long time since I've played a decent turn-based Mech combat game. F***, I don't know - the last one I can genuinely remember off the top of my head was Mission Force: Cyberstorm.

I still remember that one vividly - there's a game I'd love to see show up on GOG.

- - Giving money and power to government is like giving car keys and whiskey to teenage boys. - -

22. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 21:32 jdreyer

Rossafur wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 18:40:
Gah, 3025 so no Clans. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Not only does the Inner Sphere itself suck, their mech designs blow as well. They're almost all just your typical super-dated looking 80's robots.

Well, they have to save *something* for the DLC/sequel. I love MW2 Mercs, how you start out with Inner Sphere crap, and have to make it work against the Clans when they invade. Then you can actually get some Clan stuff and really kick ass.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

21. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 21:28 jdreyer

Hump wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 17:46:
That Catapult looks sharp as hell. I'm not crazy about the humanoid mechs though. They look like the designer went towards a more anime style with those.

Yeah, agree. And some look way too thin like Grasshopper and Spider (I've played most of the MW games, but don't remember those. Are they new?). But the Atlas and Awesome look pretty cool.

Looking at all those mechs makes me want to fire up MW2 Mercenaries. I don't know why, but I felt the customization of MW2 Mercs is better than any of the subsequent games.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

20. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 20:26 Dmitri_M

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 18:10:
Upgrade and customize your Mechs in your Michael Bay.

lol

19. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 18:40 Rossafur

Gah, 3025 so no Clans. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Not only does the Inner Sphere itself suck, their mech designs blow as well. They're almost all just your typical super-dated looking 80's robots.  

18. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 18:10 Wallshadows

Upgrade and customize your Mechs in your Michael Bay.  

17. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 18:04 Prez

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 17:09:
The "collectability" and in-game store aspects make me wary as well. Sounds like another F2P game. Hope they don't end up like the MtG games. That shit is annoying and I refuse to buy those games. Would like another EtherLords game instead.

My hopes went to non-existent upon reading "collectability" and "in-game store" as well.

- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 18:00 Bard

Teddy wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 16:16:
Wildone wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 16:02:
lol another mech fail. Guys in suits with chunky arms or the 2 legged reverse leg macross robot/ED209 rip offs/sigh

Careful, your ignorance is showing.

ED209 rip off? The Battletech universe including designs and artwork which the Mechwarrior games are set in predate Robo-cop. ED209 was a direct rip off of their designs, not the other way around.

He's probably 15 or so.

15. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 17:56 Hump

BTW, the tally for new official Battletech games this is now

Mechwarrior Online
Solaris Assault Tech
Mechwarrior Tactics
Mechwarrior: Tactical Command

The Day 1 game is not a BT product.

Then Hawken

Of course MW: Living Legends.....

*Starts saving for a premium Joystick*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

14. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 17:47 panbient

So essentially it's Fantasy Mechwarrior Mercenaries Manager pitting your lance vs. whoever you're not allied with? You just tweak your mech loadouts and set behaviour thresholds for your pilots before assigning them their missions then getting the results after X amount of time?

...Please don't screw this up.

13. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 17:46 Hump

That Catapult looks sharp as hell. I'm not crazy about the humanoid mechs though. They look like the designer went towards a more anime style with those.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

12. a Feb 21, 2012, 17:28 Blackhawk

Paintings of mechs that have been around for more than a quarter of a century isn't what I would really call 'concept art.'

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2012, 09:04.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo