Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Mardis Gras, as today is Fat Tuesday/Shrove Tuesday! I'm all set with my floral shirt, booze bottles, and a huge pile of beads to throw off the balcony. Trouble is, it's completely dead out there. Maybe I should have gone to New Orleans for this. Or at least I should have left the BlueTower.

Fat Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Super Mario Crossover 2.
Stinger Zed: Mission Undead.
Science: New Life, From an Arctic Flower That Died 32,000 Years Ago. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Airbag Saves Skier's Life in Deadly Washington Avalanche. Thanks Roger.
Ants remember their enemy's scent.
Media: The Horrible Secret Behind Starter Pokemon.
Dr Grordbort Presents: The Deadliest Game. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Ultimate Ping Pong.
The Funnies: Funny Tweets.
I tried to watch Game of Thrones and this is what happened - The Oatmeal. Thanks nin.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2012, 01:30 Mordecai Walfish

For some reason I forgot all about airbags and life threatening situations and started to wonder how cool it would be to have a bad-ass Skyrim downhill skiing mod when I saw the pictures on that page.

I'm betting someone can work out how to get working airbags and avalanches into a mod ^_^

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2012, 01:18 Sepharo

We were just discussing this at lunch today, talking about Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.

People want to watch but they're not available in a convenient way. I would gladly watch ads at AMC's or HBO's sites or pay Hulu, or even another service a reasonable amount to watch those shows. But no, you need a full cable subscription or to wait a year so you can drive to a store.

So instead piracy can provide me with a convenient high quality product for free. I suppose after that I can go buy the blu-ray release when it finally comes out but I don't have a blu-ray player and am not really excited to support a model that doesn't make sense to me.
TAKE MY MONEY IN EXCHANGE FOR DIGITAL MEDIA

edit: Searching my post history for "blu-ray" was amusing.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2012, 01:25.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2012, 23:51 Prez

They need to get those clueless dinosaurs out of the executive chairs.

Amen to that.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2012, 23:01 WarpCrow

It's even worse if you're here in Europe. We don't get access to neat things like Hulu and Netflix unless we use a VPN or something, and the DVD releases are delayed even longer unless we import. It's like they want us to pirate. They need to get those clueless dinosaurs out of the executive chairs.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2012, 19:21 Scottish Martial Arts

So Blue, when are you going to cover the Jennifer Hepler story?  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2012, 17:56 Prez

That could be me in the Oatmeal comic. I even kind of look like that.

It's amazing how a web comic can encapsulate the absurdity of an issue so perfectly. Much better than a long angry diatribe.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2012, 13:41 Hoop

nin wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 10:53:
That whole airbag deal (first saw them a few weeks ago) is really wild, and I never would have imagined it would work.

Most skiers when asked if they possessed an air bag were said to reply "yes shes just up stairs getting changed."

Um .. Behind you...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2012, 13:40 Dev

Bhruic wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 11:37:
Sadly that Game of Thrones comic is pretty damn accurate.
And its a perfect example of the failure of an industry to deliver a product to people who WANT to throw money at them!

"I want to give you money plz kthx.
No you can't, stfu
Well its on teh intarweb I can get it that way I guess"

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2012, 12:50 Alamar

Not sure why this made me think of it... But, do you know what day cinco de mayo is on? : )

-Alamar

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2012, 11:51 Cutter

Right about now the funk soul brother! Going to a Mardi Gras party tonight. Should get all good and gassed up! And it's actually been about 6 weeks since I've touched a drop so this should be good times.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2012, 11:43 Beamer

Bhruic wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 11:37:

Having the season come out after the new season starts is insane. There's no good reason to hold off that long. I get that HBO makes its money as a service provider, not a content provider, but it's still insane. Keep the costs of the DVDs high if you must, but provide them.

And HBO Go is great, but selling the shows would be better. HBO is what, $20 a month? Sell the shows for $60. That way people can get them, and have the incentive to upgrade to HBO if they watch 4 shows or more.

I get the desire to keep people tied to the service, but after a while you're fighting a losing battle.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2012, 11:37 Bhruic

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2012, 11:25 RoboNerd

Re: New Life, From an Artic Flower That Died 32,000 Years Ago

Tragedy has now struck the Russian team. Dr. Gilichinksy, its leader, was hospitalized with an asthma attack and unable to respond to questions, his daughter Yana said on Friday. On Saturday, Dr. Price reported that Dr. Gilichinsky had died of a heart attack.

CURSE of the deadly ancient spores!!!!!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2012, 10:53 nin

That whole airbag deal (first saw them a few weeks ago) is really wild, and I never would have imagined it would work.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo