Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It's President's Day here in the U.S., honoring the mixed bag of leaders this country has chosen over the years. This year I have decided to exploit a loophole in this holiday, and honor myself in my role of El Presidente for Life of this website. So there... Happy El Presidente's Day. Let me know if you need an address to send presents.

Presidential Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: The Dark Room.
Protect the Cow.
Links: Hair Tattoos. Sold! Thanks Neatorama.
6 Movies Inadvertently Remade as Other Movies.
Science: The Forgetting Pill Erases Painful Memories Forever. Thanks nin via Digg.
Media: Presidents' Day 2012: Washington vs. Lincoln.
Sonic is Terrible at Freeing Animals.
Inception Park.
Sisyphus Gets a Snowthrower.
The Funnies: Funny Tweets Twaggies.
ActionTrip Comic Strip: The FPS Training Program.
Follow-up: ESPN Fires Writer Over Racial Slur in Jeremy Lin Headline.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2012, 21:14 DNForever

Dudes,

So far World of Goo isn't very good. It plays like a web-app game or something you'd have on your phone, that type of thing. I'm still in the beginning so I'll update.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2012, 21:03 kanniballl

Cutter wrote on Feb 20, 2012, 11:02:
It's Family Day in Canada. Lame holiday if you ask me, though not as lame as Presidents' Day. A day off is a day off, but who the hell wants to do it to honour a politician or all people? The last people that need saluting are the damned politicians!

Eh, we're not honoring the current pres... but the early founding fathers and other early-ish greats. (Washington and such).

I believe we used to have seperate semi-holidays for each but they just combined them.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2012, 19:13 The Half Elf

Blue, without you and this website, the internet would be a very boring place. If you ever kick the bucket, please leave directions for Mrs. Blue (or the Wonder Pups) on how to update the site so we know, and where services are being held. Unless you have a Irish Wake, and in that case, we need to know how much booze to bring to the funeral  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2012, 18:42 Chromius

Happy El Presidente Day!

Yeah I have been a reader/lurker since this was Quake News. Lost my original account login though years ago.

Thanks for your dedication.

aka Crazed-One/crazypsyko Q1, Duke 3d

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2012, 17:00 MrBreaker

I'm not mad btw... I posted that coz I read it as though you were losing the faith a bit Blue. This is a great site.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2012, 16:28 MrBreaker

Blue. Been reading your site since 1997. Since Quake, basically. You are El Presidente Del Internet, for me, and others who I always tell this is the best gaming website out there.

Keep it real.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2012, 15:27 nin

Hoop wrote on Feb 20, 2012, 15:25:
I'm revolting!

I disagree, you seem like a decent guy.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2012, 15:25 Hoop

I'm revolting!  

Um .. Behind you...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2012, 12:11 Neutronbeam

Instead of "Let me know if you need an address to send presents.", you should have said "Let me know if you need an address made to any peasants."  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2012, 11:02 Cutter

It's Family Day in Canada. Lame holiday if you ask me, though not as lame as Presidents' Day. A day off is a day off, but who the hell wants to do it to honour a politician or all people? The last people that need saluting are the damned politicians!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2012, 10:34 nin

Happy El Presidente's Day, Blue! You da man Presidente!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo