Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Day 1 Tease - New MechAssault?

The Day 1 Studios Website now sports a new trailer called "Storm Warning," teasing an upcoming project from Day 1 Studios. The clip shows a glimpse of a mech, and the accompanying text saying that in 2012 "Day 1 Studios Returns to its Roots," leading to rampant speculation that this may signal a return of the MechAssault franchise. There's no indication yet when we can expect more on this. Thanks Hump.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Day 1 Tease - New MechAssault? Feb 17, 2012, 23:55 Crustacean Soup

Bah, MechAssault was fun. As a cheap XBLA game (with limited-to-no single player)? I'd consider it. If they try to make a full release out of it, no. There's simply not enough to it to justify that purchase.

Do want a real mech game though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Day 1 Tease - New MechAssault? Feb 17, 2012, 21:18 The Half Elf

Drezden wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 20:28:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 19:58:
Seriously why can't they make a Mechwarrior 4 type game for the consoles? Take Chrome Hounds and 1 part MechAssault and blammo, everyone is happy.

I present to you Steel Batallion http://www.giantbomb.com/steel-battalion-controller/59-16/

I had it, it was awesome. Unfortunately there will never be another Mech game like it on Consoles.

Um no, the beauty of Chrome Hounds was Building your own mechs and setting up your weapon loadouts and what buttons they were on, the also had very streamlined controls.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: Day 1 Tease - New MechAssault? Feb 17, 2012, 20:28 Trevellian

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 19:58:
Seriously why can't they make a Mechwarrior 4 type game for the consoles? Take Chrome Hounds and 1 part MechAssault and blammo, everyone is happy.

I present to you Steel Batallion http://www.giantbomb.com/steel-battalion-controller/59-16/

I had it, it was awesome. Unfortunately there will never be another Mech game like it on Consoles.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

8. Re: Day 1 Tease - New MechAssault? Feb 17, 2012, 19:58 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

7. Re: Day 1 Tease - New MechAssault? Feb 17, 2012, 15:59 Wowbagger_TIP

I would just like to acknowledge and support the contempt for the MechAssault franchise. That is all.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

6. Re: Day 1 Tease - New MechAssault? Feb 17, 2012, 12:57 Trevellian

"Day 1 Studios, where returning to our roots means taking a shit on an already established IP and making all of it's fans hate us"

Fuck Mech Assault, and anything similar to it.

Real Mechwarrior games please.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

5. Re: jtw321@gmail.com Feb 17, 2012, 12:25 Cutter

Blackhawk wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 11:28:
Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 10:11:
What the fuck was that shit? What the fuck is with these mech devs not releasing real media of their games? In the words of Mr. Garrison they can just suck my balls.

They haven't even made an announcement yet. This is like complaining that an announcement of an upcoming trailer didn't include the trailer.

Um, bonehead...that was the announcement.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

4. a Feb 17, 2012, 11:28 Blackhawk

Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 10:11:
What the fuck was that shit? What the fuck is with these mech devs not releasing real media of their games? In the words of Mr. Garrison they can just suck my balls.

They haven't even made an announcement yet. This is like complaining that an announcement of an upcoming trailer didn't include the trailer.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2012, 09:04.

3. Re: Day 1 Tease - New MechAssault? Feb 17, 2012, 11:13 SimplyMonk

Parias wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 10:12:
Eeek. I mean, okay, I'm definitely down for more giant robot games (especially anything Battletech-related), but MechAssault was definitely not the pinnacle of giant robot combat. More of a perversion.

An admittedly fun, amusing at times perversion that I played and got some kicks out of, but a perversion nonetheless. Unfortunately I guess this is the only thing that really sells big these days...

Which makes me extremely sad. I played Mech Assault for one evening and all it left was a disappointed feeling at the direction the franchise went. Homing PPCs. Ugh.

2. Re: Day 1 Tease - New MechAssault? Feb 17, 2012, 10:12 Parias

Eeek. I mean, okay, I'm definitely down for more giant robot games (especially anything Battletech-related), but MechAssault was definitely not the pinnacle of giant robot combat. More of a perversion.

An admittedly fun, amusing at times perversion that I played and got some kicks out of, but a perversion nonetheless. Unfortunately I guess this is the only thing that really sells big these days...

1. Re: Day 1 Tease - New MechAssault? Feb 17, 2012, 10:11 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo