Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free StarCraft II Name Changes

The StarCraft II Website announces that in conjunction with their new BattleTag system, Blizzard is offering free name changes in the real-time strategy sequel:

With the introduction of the BattleTag system, we’re in the process of evaluating how they might be integrated into StarCraft II, and how they may impact character names in the future. Instead of making everyone wait until we know how that integration could affect a name change system, we’ve decided to provide an additional free character name change for StarCraft II players eager to pick something else. We appreciate everyone’s continued patience and look forward to sharing more information on the future of the StarCraft II service as it becomes available.

If you'd like to change your character name, log in to Account Management and choose your StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty game license. On your game license screen a "Character Name Change" button at the bottom will initiate the request. After confirming that you'd like to change your character name, simply log in to StarCraft II and you'll be prompted to select a new one.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 21, 2012, 10:40 Verno

Threaded is pretty much deprecated everywhere these days except Usenet. I don't really like the BBS style of threaded anyway, gmail does it the best with the mix between flat and threaded convos. Also there is no posting style here that will look "good" in both views.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 19, 2012, 15:05 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 19, 2012, 07:57:
O.O

Its right below the article

If you don't see it then something is VERY broken ^^
Oh. THERE it is

Yeah I like flat better for this website, given how its done and the small volume of posts.

34. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 19, 2012, 07:57 eRe4s3r

O.O

Its right below the article

If you don't see it then something is VERY broken ^^

33. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 18, 2012, 22:33 Mr. Tact

Hmmm -- okay, I went to look at this just for giggles, and I can't find this option. I see my account options, but no where can I find a "View" field -- and I do have my cookies turned on.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

32. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 18, 2012, 11:44 eRe4s3r

Go th... url to long, naturally..

Anyhow, just enter comments by pressing on the 39 comments text and first thing you see is beneath the yellow text, "View [  ]" ^^ Change from Flat (newest) to Threads and press the "change" button ;p

A pretty obvious splotch on the page

If you make a post, its right above it as well. You need to enable cookies though

31. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 18, 2012, 11:29 Dev

So.... How DOES one see it in threaded anyway? I spent a couple mins poking around and didn't see any options for it.  

30. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 18, 2012, 07:40 Mr. Tact

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 22:41:
2 days and its dead, i don't check replies past 2 days ;p
Yeah, that's a general rule for me too. Although if I feel exceptionally strong about the subject or there is multiple responses in the topic between me and someone else I'll track it longer. Oh, and didn't know there was anything but flat until a couple of years ago. By then I was so used to flat...

29. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 17, 2012, 23:26 Verno

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 18:48:
Verno is there some reason you don't use the "post reply" button on the comment you reply to but instead use the post comment button (which messes up the threaded view) ?

I really have to ask this now because it makes your replies really, really confusing (I hope everyone is browsing in threaded view, but anyway..) just wondering

The forum software here is ancient and kludgy dude. Most of the time I'm simply using the quote function and I don't worry about how it looks in views I don't use.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

28. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 17, 2012, 22:41 eRe4s3r

Good to know I am not the only one who does that this way then. This "forum" is really missing a properly working "post update" function.. but then.. the simplicity has a nice "rollover" feel to it.

2 days and its dead, i don't check replies past 2 days ;p

27. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 17, 2012, 22:25 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 22:07:
Dev wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 21:56:
That would explain why some of my replies go unreplied to. If I start replying separately to everyone that would make my post count go sky high lol

Do you have a daily quota to keep below in terms of post count per day?

Maybe blue should not give choice for flat/threaded view, because these forum systems are very drastically different in flow and not just a display choice
Not really, its a bad thing because I sometimes look at my post history to check threads I've recently posted in. If its filled up with 3 times as many posts it makes it harder for me.

26. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 17, 2012, 22:07 eRe4s3r

Dev wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 21:56:
That would explain why some of my replies go unreplied to. If I start replying separately to everyone that would make my post count go sky high lol

Do you have a daily quota to keep below in terms of post count per day?

Maybe blue should not give choice for flat/threaded view, because these forum systems are very drastically different in flow and not just a display choice

25. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 17, 2012, 22:05 eRe4s3r

Dev wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 21:57:
Ok, here's 3 replies separated.
nin wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 21:38:
(I hope everyone is browsing in threaded view, but anyway..)

Nope, flat. Always.

Same.

That must make my replies look very weird then, because i usually don't use the quote button if i reply to a thread (and really why would I, the post i reply is just above mine in the thread ,p)

24. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 17, 2012, 22:04 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 21:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 20:41:
But how is the one you quote to know you quoted him if you don' reply to him directly but instead reply to something that person never took part in discussing?
Ok, I gotta ask, since I never use the threaded display does the "Quote" button act similarly to the "Post Reply" button?

If you press quote it puts your reply in the thread where the post you quote is seated in, so if you do multiple quotes in 1 post obviously the other quotes don't go into the thread they belong.

23. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 17, 2012, 21:57 Dev

Ok, here's 3 replies separated.
nin wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 21:38:

Nope, flat. Always.

Same.

22. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 17, 2012, 21:56 Dev

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 21:13:
But how is the one you quote to know you quoted him if you don' reply to him directly but instead reply to something that person never took part in discussing?
Ok, I gotta ask, since I never use the threaded display does the "Quote" button act similarly to the "Post Reply" button?
I'm 99% sure thats the case, since the only diff is one pre-quotes for you.

21. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 17, 2012, 21:56 Dev

But how is the one you quote to know you quoted him if you don' reply to him directly but instead reply to something that person never took part in discussing? In threaded view your reply will apear in the thread you replied to, which people who use threaded view might not have read at all. And thus ignore your reply, and never know you quoted them.

Its not like you have maintain a zen-garden in here after all, sure 3 replies with separate quotes looks very messy in non-threaded view but in threaded view it does not (well, mostly)

Its just.. when i check for replies i check for replies in the thread i posted in not to the "unconnected" replies at the bottom. (or inbetween)

20. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 17, 2012, 21:38 nin

Nope, flat. Always.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

19. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 17, 2012, 21:13 Mr. Tact

18. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 17, 2012, 20:41 eRe4s3r

But how is the one you quote to know you quoted him if you don' reply to him directly but instead reply to something that person never took part in discussing? In threaded view your reply will apear in the thread you replied to, which people who use threaded view might not have read at all. And thus ignore your reply, and never know you quoted them.

Its not like you have maintain a zen-garden in here after all, sure 3 replies with separate quotes looks very messy in non-threaded view but in threaded view it does not (well, mostly)

Its just.. when i check for replies i check for replies in the thread i posted in not to the "unconnected" replies at the bottom. (or inbetween)

17. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Feb 17, 2012, 19:43 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 18:48:
Verno is there some reason you don't use the "post reply" button on the comment you reply to but instead use the post comment button (which messes up the threaded view) ?

I really have to ask this now because it makes your replies really, really confusing (I hope everyone is browsing in threaded view, but anyway..) just wondering
Hmm, I don't use threaded. So when I reply to like 3 comments at once, does that screw up threaded? Should I really do 3 separate replies? That always seemed like an excessive amount of replies to me which is why I try and combine them.

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo