Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend

Steam news has word that the promised free weekend for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is now underway, accompanied by a sale for the military shooter sequel:

Kick off the weekend by playing Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 for FREE starting now through Sunday at 1PM Pacific Time.

Additionally, pickup Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 this weekend only at 33% off the regular price! Sale ends Monday, February 20th at 10AM Pacific Time.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Feb 21, 2012, 04:31 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 12:18:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 08:56:
Oh and FYI - it is a Steam game - MW2 is 4.99 at amazon....seems about the right price!

Do you have a link to that? Price I'm seeing is 18.84...

Creston

Was the download, gave me a steam key.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Feb 17, 2012, 21:02 Ant

Again? Isn't this the third time? How about releasing a free weekend of MW3 single player. [grin]  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

10. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Feb 17, 2012, 15:25 WarpCrow

Yeah, I'm not even bothering. The last CoD game I bought was MW1, and I'm fine with that. Bringing back dedicated servers for MW3 was too little, too late. The console crowd can have it now.  

9. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Feb 17, 2012, 14:19 Bucky

Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 09:21:
I tried this for all of 2 hours before deleting it. Wow, what terrible, terrible multiplayer.

I didn't even make it that long. I've been a fan of the CoD games in the past, but this cow is completely dry now. The game has aged, badly, and it seems all of the map designs were done by people who think the old deathmatch 'killbox' maps were the best thing ever. Frankly, the game looks, and plays, horrible. All that money and an incredibly popular franchise--you'd think they would try to improve on the brand instead of drive it into the ground.

BF3's infantry combat, alone, is far superior to MW3. The one good thing about this free weekend is that it's rekindled my interest in multiplayer FPS--I'm gonna have to play me some more BF3 this weekend.

8. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Feb 17, 2012, 12:18 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 08:56:
Oh and FYI - it is a Steam game - MW2 is 4.99 at amazon....seems about the right price!

Do you have a link to that? Price I'm seeing is 18.84...

Creston

7. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Feb 17, 2012, 10:18 eRe4s3r

That is, if you can get it before the weekend is over..  

6. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Feb 17, 2012, 09:21 Cutter

I tried this for all of 2 hours before deleting it. Wow, what terrible, terrible multiplayer. I can't believe that this thing is as popular as it is. Then again, I don't get shit like Survivor and American Idol either, so I guess I just don't "fit" into this sort of crap.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Feb 17, 2012, 08:56 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

4. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Feb 17, 2012, 08:43 xXBatmanXx

I would stay clear if you are a regular player - just going to be rage/hax, etc etc etc. Seeing a lot of new steam accounts popup so they can test their hax to see if they get banned.  

3. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Feb 17, 2012, 08:14 SpectralMeat

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 07:18:
I don't play this game, but I thought all internet play on these FPS games was free?
Yes it is free if you bought the game, this weekend however you can play the multiplayer without purchasing the game.

Steam: SpectralMeat

2. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Feb 17, 2012, 07:40 Domgrief

I'm not sure whether I'm misunderstanding your question, but:

The offer here is that you can download the multiplayer component of this game for free, and play it over the weekend, without having previously purchased the game.

The offer is of no benefit to existing customers.

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 07:18:
I don't play this game, but I thought all internet play on these FPS games was free?

1. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend Feb 17, 2012, 07:18 Ozmodan

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo