Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Pre-certified Catalyst Reference Drivers

AMD/ATI Support now offers a new version 12.2 pre-certified Catalyst reference drivers for AMD/ATI GPUs. These offer a number of changes and enhancements, along with the following explanation of what pre-certification represents: "The AMD Catalyst™ 12.2 Certified driver (It is the same driver as the Catalyst 12.2 Pre-Certified, but will be officially Microsoft® certified) will be posted in late February or very early March 2012."

View
4. Re: Pre-certified Catalyst Reference Drivers Feb 16, 2012, 20:57 Dev

headkase wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 20:53:
I could probably go out and buy the $45 HDMI cable instead of the $12 one I bought.. But hey, it's all working good right now. Like you said: when something happens that makes me look at it again I'll see then. It was probably some type of filter the TV was applying to HDMI inputs, but, I *really did* look around for everything I could find and nothing fixed the image quality and immediately when trying VGA it was fixed. I'm at 1920x1080 60Hz with the VGA and it's all good.
Don't forget to check video card itself, it often defaults to interlaced, not progressive (1080i instead of 1080p), which can make it look ugly, especially text.

Also, there is ZERO difference between $45 and $10 hdmi cables in how well the signal is received. Unlike analog which can fall off quickly from crap cables, with digital, the signal is either there and working, or not there and not working (or working incredibly badly).

If you've noticed on digital broadcasts how the stations that are close come in much better than they used to with analog, but far away stations have lots of crap blocks and its almost impossible to watch something you might have barely been able to watch as an analog broadcast? And with sound, either the sound is very good, or the sound cuts in and out and is hardly watchable (unlike analog which might have static but still be watchable)? Thats due in part to the difference between analog and digital.

Anyway, bottom line, don't waste your money. Unless the cable you bought was the absolute worst one in the world, you won't notice a difference. If you are determined to try, get it at a place like best buy where you can return it when there's no diff

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 16, 20:29 Re: Pre-certified Catalyst Reference Drivers headkase
  2. Feb 16, 20:43 Re: Pre-certified Catalyst Reference Drivers Dev
  3. Feb 16, 20:53 Re: Pre-certified Catalyst Reference Drivers headkase
>> 4. Feb 16, 20:57  Re: Pre-certified Catalyst Reference Drivers Dev
  5. Feb 16, 21:00 Re: Pre-certified Catalyst Reference Drivers headkase
  6. Feb 16, 22:13 Re: Pre-certified Catalyst Reference Drivers Hyatus
  7. Feb 16, 22:24 Re: Pre-certified Catalyst Reference Drivers headkase

footer

Blue's News logo