Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tactical Intervention This Spring

OGPlanet announces that Tactical Intervention will launch this spring to offer the latest in tactical first-person shooter gameplay from Minh "Gooseman" Le, co-creator of the original Counter-Strike modification. Here's word:

Torrance, Calif.-February 16, 2011- OGPlanet, an innovative provider of Free-to-Play, multiplayer, online games, announced today it will be publishing the new tactical, team-based, first-person shooter, Tactical Intervention, developed by FIX Korea, in spring 2012. Tactical Intervention marks the return of one of gaming's most legendary creators, Minh "Gooseman" Le. Le co-created the iconic and legendary first-person shooter (FPS), Counter-Strike, which is arguably the origin of the modern, military, tactical, team-based FPS genre.

"I'm excited to share my latest project with my fellow gamers," said Le, lead developer on Tactical Intervention. "As my latest tactical team-based shooter, Tactical Intervention builds off of what I tried to accomplish with Counter-Strike. I think players will be excited about the innovations we've implemented in the game, especially the vehicle missions and new team focus."

"Partnering with OGPlanet has allowed us to release Tactical Intervention as a Free-to-Play title, ensuring that the game is accessible to all players. We've got a lot of great content ready for launch, and there will be regular updates with new guns, maps, and more."

With more focus placed on team-based tactics and hardcore, fast-paced gameplay, Tactical Intervention goes far deeper than the everyday FPS. Packed with new environments, game modes, weapons, equipment customization options, and more, Tactical Intervention sets a new benchmark in the evolution of the tactical team-based FPS genre. Players will get behind the driver's seat, shoot hanging out of vehicle passenger windows, call in attack dogs, and even make use of tactical rappel ropes to gain the upper hand on the opposing force. They will also have to be conscious of civilians who can be taken as hostages and used as human shields. It is up to you and your team to strategize, execute, and eliminate your target!

Players can apply to join Tactical Intervention's Closed-Beta Test, which will be held in early March, at www.tactical-intervention.com. For up to the minute news, events, contests, and giveaways, please visit (and 'Like') the official Tactical Intervention Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/tacticalintervention. Follow Gooseman on Twitter www.twitter.com/GoosemanTI

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Tactical Intervention This Spring Feb 17, 2012, 07:02 TheVocalMinority

No one ever remembers action quake  
Assley Putz
"Was vocalminority assley putzs most recent handle?"
-nin May 16, 2012, 10:52
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Tactical Intervention This Spring Feb 16, 2012, 18:21 Cutter

If it's good enough for the Gooseman it's good enough for me! I'm signing up fo sho!

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 2012, 18:27.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Tactical Intervention This Spring Feb 16, 2012, 17:20 Halo

I always used the impulse 200 command in CS because I hated how much of the screen was a gun model.  

6. Re: Tactical Intervention This Spring Feb 16, 2012, 16:22 StealthR6

Oh how I miss Rainbow Six  

5. Re: Tactical Intervention This Spring Feb 16, 2012, 16:08 PHJF

I tried A.V.A. last night. Game isn't sure if it wants to be CS or CoD4...

I'm really itching for a new multiplayer shooter. TF2 isn't doing it for me anymore. I'd be playing MAG if it weren't restricted to my PS3.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Tactical Intervention This Spring Feb 16, 2012, 11:59 SXO

I would go further and say a weak arguement. As I remember it, Counter-Strike was actually trying to bring the realistic tactical aspect of Rainbow Six into a HL mod. In fact, the original BETA's (my favorite being BETA 3) were very different than CS today. I remember you couldn't run, jump, or even walk and expect to shoot accurately. You wanted to hit someone, your better be crouching and firing in short controlled bursts otherwise you couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Anyway, getting off this tangent, CS was originally a clone of Rainbow Six. It's popularity however is what brought interest to the sub-genre.  

3. Re: Tactical Intervention This Spring Feb 16, 2012, 11:26 killerpony

Counter-Strike, which is arguably the origin of the modern, military, tactical, team-based FPS genre.

It's not a very strong argument though...Rainbow Six was out a year before CS got started.

2. Re: Tactical Intervention This Spring Feb 16, 2012, 11:23 Verno

I'll definitely check it out, I got a ton of mileage out of CS over the years.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

1. Re: Tactical Intervention This Spring Feb 16, 2012, 10:32 InBlack

Sounds interesting, but then I read F2P and my enthusiasam waned. Not that I have anything against F2P games, I just find that they dont really work well within a FPS environment.  

I have a nifty blue line!

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo