Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 21:03 Alamar

GW2 on consoles?

Ya, that's a shocker... Dumbed down controls, extremely limited number of spots on the single (mostly) action bar.

Still looking forward to it : )

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 20:41 Mashiki Amiketo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 18:56:
based....not really for gamers....
But...but they keep saying that kinect is like this super awesome thing, and it's like the greatest thing since sliced cheese, crackers and coldcuts.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 18:56 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 14:07:
Verno wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 13:49:
As a gamer this thing feels totally out of touch with how I want to interact with the console.

It's a good thing then that the only thing Microsoft gives a shit about is how much money they make off those ads.

Creston

It is all Kinect based....not really for gamers....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 16:10 Cutter

nin wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 10:09:
Guild Wars 2 is Almost Certainly Coming to Consoles.

Ohhhhhhhh Cuuuuuuttttteeeerrrrr...

You know, like whatever dewd. I don't care becaue the game is designed and made for the PC first. So long as we don't have to play together because that would hobble PCs and they'd screw themselves out of all those PC players. I know why devs want to tap the console market but I don't know why you'd want to play an MMO on a console.
Shit man, everyone's doing it anyway so it's just par for the course from this point forward. Isn't SWTOR coming to consoles at some point?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 15:51 Beamer

The new interface has an inexcusable amount of ads and video ads are pretty much garbage that no one should have to put up with unless they actively click on them. I could've sworn they said there would be less of these things, not more. As a gamer this thing feels totally out of touch with how I want to interact with the console.

The amount of ads is insulting, and the layout is poorly ordered (why are Games so many tabs back? Why can't I easily sort Arcade?), but as a general layout I find it infinitely better than the Blades (which were like Fischer Price) and marginally better than the last one (which started off miserable but got an upgrade that fixed some of its errors after a few months.)

Push the games tab up. Add more to the games tab. Cut back on the ads (is it one per tab? That doesn't sound bad, but it feels like I'm constantly staring at ads, and I've barely touched the dash...)

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 15:50 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 15:31:
I just block the ads on my router, it takes about 20 seconds to do. I also avoid turning on my 360 in general, I let my Live sub lapse awhile ago and frankly the amount of exclusives for the platform these days is pitiful.

Yep pretty much same way I feel about it. Other then the occasional racing game I barely turn the console on.
I have some Microshaft points on my account, I'll just rent some movies to burn that off, and let my Live account die.
I barely have time to play any games these days anyways.

Steam: SpectralMeat

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 15:31 Verno

I just block the ads on my router, it takes about 20 seconds to do. I also avoid turning on my 360 in general, I let my Live sub lapse awhile ago and frankly the amount of exclusives for the platform these days is pitiful.  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 14:44 Tumbler

It's a good thing then that the only thing Microsoft gives a shit about is how much money they make off those ads.

Creston

I would hope they're going to see a massive drop in ad revenue as users like myself avoid turning the stupid thing on.

I used to occasionally rent movies on the zune rental thing...not anymore. I'll work with Amazon thank you very much!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 14:07 Creston

As a gamer this thing feels totally out of touch with how I want to interact with the console.

Creston

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 13:52 Halo

I'm glad I keep mine offline and still has the previous interface.  

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 13:49 Verno

The new interface has an inexcusable amount of ads and video ads are pretty much garbage that no one should have to put up with unless they actively click on them. I could've sworn they said there would be less of these things, not more. As a gamer this thing feels totally out of touch with how I want to interact with the console.  

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 13:40 avianflu

I never cared so much about the various 360 interfaces; well that is, until Metro arrived. It is terrible.

There's a lot more background downloading and resource swapping behind the scenes.

It is isnt apparent until you start moving thru the interface quickly and then the framerate stutters.

Pretty much hate Metro.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 13:22 SpectralMeat

Tumbler wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 13:17:
360 Update?
Yeah the "new" dashboard looks like shit for sure. I still prefer the very first dashboard they had. Usually I do not look at the dash much and try to use the pop up menu as much as possible to navigate around.

Steam: SpectralMeat

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 13:17 Tumbler

360 Update? Does it remove this awful interface?!!! NOPE.

FUCK. What a miserable POS this new dashboard is. It's like they hired some kid straight out of college with a BA in advertising. (if that even exists) It's such an offensive system to look at. Sharply contrasting images that don't relate to stuff right beside it, different sized windows smashed together with the important info pushed into smaller spaces that are a pain to read.

Then you have that top bar and pushs tons of useless junk between the useful panels. They've somehow managed to bring all the frustration of watching live TV with commercials into this fucking interface. Doing anything and everything forces you to see a barrage of info that, to add insult to injury, isn't easily processed so it just ends up looking like noise.

I've given sony a lot of shit for their interface but my god, WTF was microsoft doing when they tested this internally? Why would you make the boxes different sizes like this. It's so uncomfortable to jump between them trying to find what you need. (with your eyes, lets not even talk about moving the "cursor" around)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 11:53 Zyrxil

That's good news, because if GW2 is coming to consoles, that means it almost certainly will be released at some point.  

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 10:26 InBlack

nin wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 10:09:

Eh What??? Jesus I did a double take there, read the article, seems like conjecture for the most part. Even ActiBlizz have refrained from bringing D3 to the consoles, although they did mention that a altered/seperate game is in the works for the archnemesis of the PC.

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 10:20 Verno

PS3 firmware 4.11 now available.

Oh good, another one! At least this one isn't mandatory.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 10:09 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo