Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It seems Linsanity has gripped the country, so you can only imagine how Linsane it is at this point in the New York area. It's to the point where my buddies have raised the concept of actually attending a Knicks game, a prospect we haven't entertained since the days of Ewing and Oakley. The kid is a turnover machine, but he also looks like a real player, and if it turns out he isn't, I hope you can forgive the hysteria from a basketball loving town that hasn't had the chance to root for a champion since Nixon was in office.

Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Gravity Duck 2.
Heir.
Stories: Man stricken eating 'Triple Bypass' burger.
NBC Orders Hannibal Straight to Series.
MushBooms - Level Pack.
Science: Extreme summer temperatures occur more frequently in U.S. now. Thanks Cutter.
How Interval Training Can Improve Health. Thanks Slashdot.
No, you fools...
Media: Awesome SoulCalibur V Graffiti Mural Created In London.
Beatbox flute & Cello in NYC Subway.
The Funnies: Mass Effect Valentine.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2012, 09:43 Prez

I hope you can forgive the hysteria from a basketball loving town that hasn't had the chance to root for a champion since Nixon was in office.

The Knicks have had some good teams post- Nixon, and came just short of winning it all in'94. I remember it well because it was the same year the Rangers won the Stanley Cup. What a year for NY teams! That will NEVER happen again...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2012, 09:31 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 08:56:
Anyone ever have troubled getting to the STORE page in Steam? Sometimes it just stays stuck on the community tab....

It was acting a little wonky last night while I was looking for skyrim mods. Not unlike when it shit itself on Sunday.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2012, 08:56 xXBatmanXx

Anyone ever have troubled getting to the STORE page in Steam? Sometimes it just stays stuck on the community tab....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

19. Re: Linsanity Feb 16, 2012, 21:37 Mr. Tact

I don't think he's the next Deron Williams, but I also don't think he will be spending ALL his time on the bench any longer...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2012, 18:14 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 15:59:
Well after LeBron didn't do shit in the league, they needed someone else to gravitate to, especially now that football season is over. It is kind of interesting that this complete nobody was suddenly put in the game and has been kicking ass, but it doesn't seem very likely that he's going to be sticking around as some kind of headlining force on that team. After all, nobody wanted him coming out of college and he was passed around a couple third-string rosters with little to no play until he was put in a Knicks game because everyone in front of him was injured. Just saying, there's a reason you've never heard of him before... Hell, he was almost cut from the Knicks last week!

He's the Bo Hart of the NBA. I give it a month.

Creston

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2012, 18:13 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 14:33:
Really Creston? Do I need to start linking your posting history about 'YOUR GAME'? (Yes I'm refering to X3).

What about that? I bought that on the day it was released!

Nobody needed to tell me I'd enjoy the shit out of X3 after I put like 700 hours into X2.

Creston

16. Re: Linsanity Feb 16, 2012, 16:51 Mr. Tact

Good news -- set record for most points scored in his first five starts, beating Shaq's record.

Bad news -- set record for most turnovers in his first five starts.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2012, 16:00 mch

DNForever wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 15:10:
Has anyone played World of Goo? I just bought it.

I played it a bit when it came out for Wii, but to be honest I sort of a hit a wall on one of the levels and got frustrated.

Since then I've tried a few other games like it on different platforms and I've decided that maybe those types of games aren't for me.

PSN: CaseDesignate

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2012, 15:59 jacobvandy

Well after LeBron didn't do shit in the league, they needed someone else to gravitate to, especially now that football season is over. It is kind of interesting that this complete nobody was suddenly put in the game and has been kicking ass, but it doesn't seem very likely that he's going to be sticking around as some kind of headlining force on that team. After all, nobody wanted him coming out of college and he was passed around a couple third-string rosters with little to no play until he was put in a Knicks game because everyone in front of him was injured. Just saying, there's a reason you've never heard of him before... Hell, he was almost cut from the Knicks last week!  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2012, 15:21 Hoop

http://goo.gl/vWO6B  

Um .. Behind you...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2012, 15:10 DNForever

Has anyone played World of Goo? I just bought it.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2012, 14:33 The Half Elf

Really Creston? Do I need to start linking your posting history about 'YOUR GAME'? (Yes I'm refering to X3).  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2012, 14:09 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 10:11:
Skyrim for Intellivision.

Love it, and thoroughly enjoying skyrim.

WE TOLD YOU SO, WE TOLD YOU SO, WE... WE... WE TOLD YOU SO!

Creston

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2012, 14:09 Creston

I hope you can forgive the hysteria from a basketball loving town that hasn't had the chance to root for a champion since Nixon was in office

I don't think anyone feels sorry for New York, Blue... *stares pointedly at Giants.*

Pitchers and catchers report to Fort Myers for spring training in 3 days...

Nod Nod Nod

Creston

8. Re: RE: Follow up Feb 16, 2012, 14:06 UConnBBall

Maybe people will finally see that NBA Basketball is the best in the world. Now the NCAA Tourney is the most exciting but no team would ever beat a NBA team, It wouldn't be close.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2012, 13:03 Jim

Pitchers and catchers report to Fort Myers for spring training in 3 days...  
Jim

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2012, 12:54 Elf Shot The Food

Is Lin in the Hall of Fame yet? If he isn't, he probably will be by the end of the month.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2012, 12:15 space captain

dude, everybody knows about this kid, sports news is way more important than hearing details about the world economy collapsing  
Go forth, and kill!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2012, 10:41 nin

Cutter wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 10:39:
So Linsanity - which no one except basketball fans have heard of untill now - is not really sweeping the country or anything besides Knicks fans. Isn't it, Blue? Isn't it?

Hell, it's all over the damn news...first I have to hear about fucking Tebow, and now this shit...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2012, 10:39 Cutter

So Linsanity - which no one except basketball fans have heard of untill now - is not really sweeping the country or anything besides Knicks fans. Isn't it, Blue? Isn't it?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo