Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Assassin's Creed 3 in October

Assassin's Creed 3 is due in October, reports VG247, saying this was revealed by Ubisoft in a conference call for investors. The news is accompanied by no further details about the next installment in the stealth/action series.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 17, 2012, 05:38 Tim

space captain wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 17:42:
Tim wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 12:50:
So.. er.. that narrowed it down did it?

as long as you have a functioning brain and a basic grasp of world history

Touchy - smiley not enough of a clue? No, don't bother.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 17, 2012, 01:49 Razumen

Bodolza wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 13:30:
Where ever it's set, it will need to be a place with lots of buildings to climb, which is going to limit it to major metropolitan areas. Still lots of options there, but that probably means no Japan or Egypt. If we're looking to get out of Europe, something like 19th C. New York could work well. Lot's of story potential, too.

I could see Japan totally working, there's a lot of large cities that parts of the game could take place in, and recreating the castles of feudal Japan would create a lot of potential for the series. Not to mention that landscape offers a lot of variety as well.
It's just a damn shame that most of the castles from Japan's past simply no longer exist, having been destroyed during Japan's efforts to modernize.

19. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 16, 2012, 18:27 Creston

Arithon wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 07:00:
Oh goody! Another "cashcow" lacklustre sequel crippled by DRM, released half a year later the the consoles and riddled with bugs. I can't wait!

PC gaming isn't dead, but the likes of UbiSoft are trying very hard to smother it with a dirty pillow...

While I generally agree with anger directed at Ubisoft, AC Revelations on the PC had :

- One time activation DRM. (heh, remember when everyone spewed death over that?)
- An offline mode that did actually work.
- Basically the same release date as the consoles.
- Very very very few bugs to speak off. Everything they fixed in patch 1.2, I literally never ran into.

Creston

18. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 16, 2012, 18:25 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 01:05:
I think people are starting to get bored of the series. AC3 needs to change things up but given its apparently brief development time, I suspect it will just be more of the same.

They have like three teams working on AC games, like Activision does with CoD. So it's not like this has been in production for 1 year.

That said, I found revelations to be just dull and bland (and basically the exact same game as Brotherhood, but with less interesting missions), so unless they really change things up, I'm not getting AC3 until it's 5 bucks.

Creston

17. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 16, 2012, 17:42 space captain

Tim wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 12:50:

as long as you have a functioning brain and a basic grasp of world history

Go forth, and kill!

16. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 16, 2012, 13:30 Bodolza

Where ever it's set, it will need to be a place with lots of buildings to climb, which is going to limit it to major metropolitan areas. Still lots of options there, but that probably means no Japan or Egypt. If we're looking to get out of Europe, something like 19th C. New York could work well. Lot's of story potential, too.  

15. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 16, 2012, 12:50 Tim

space captain wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 12:17:
Various locations have been rumored over recent months, with Egypt, China, and America during the Revolutionary period the running favorites. The French Revolution has also been mentioned.

i clicked for you

14. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 16, 2012, 12:17 space captain

Various locations have been rumored over recent months, with Egypt, China, and America during the Revolutionary period the running favorites. The French Revolution has also been mentioned.

i clicked for you

Go forth, and kill!

13. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 16, 2012, 12:14 Tim

Cutter wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 09:44:
My main enjoyment with Ezio was the whole period and location it was set in. the whole thing was a wonderful little history lesson. Unless they're doing something equally interesting such as ancient Rome or medieval Britain or Europe I can't imagine I'd be as interested.

That's a very good point actually - if the rumours are true and it's set more in the modern world they really have to do something special to carry it off. I must admit in revelations all the 'non old world bits' just seemed like tedious traps where you were forced to play through to get back to the good bits.

That said, can't wait to find out

12. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 16, 2012, 09:44 Cutter

My main enjoyment with Ezio was the whole period and location it was set in. the whole thing was a wonderful little history lesson. Unless they're doing something equally interesting such as ancient Rome or medieval Britain or Europe I can't imagine I'd be as interested.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

11. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 16, 2012, 09:26 Verno

I liked Brotherhood but Revelations was a step back in many ways. I don't think they can keep iterating this year to year either, interest level in the public appears to be dropping going by the sales figures and word of mouth.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

10. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 16, 2012, 07:32 Tim

Whilst their DRM has been a problem, recently it's pretty liveable and I haven't had to wait months for the PC version either. Obviously there's room for improvement but I really enjoyed brotherhood and revelations (the latter wasn't as good but still great fun). It'll be interesting to see what's coming next.

The games have been very decent efforts (they've all ran great for me) but really the big bug bear with Ubisoft has been their previously suicidal DRM which really did nothing to stop pirates and peed off a fair few customers. At least recently it's single-time activation and offline mode does work fine - this I can live with as it's pretty much like Steam in that respect (not that i'm claiming that uplay is comparable in other respects).

9. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 16, 2012, 07:00 Arithon

Oh goody! Another "cashcow" lacklustre sequel crippled by DRM, released half a year later the the consoles and riddled with bugs. I can't wait!

PC gaming isn't dead, but the likes of UbiSoft are trying very hard to smother it with a dirty pillow...

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

8. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 16, 2012, 02:57 Prez

I guess October would be the month of the console release, followed by the PC release 6 months later.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 16, 2012, 01:24 jacobvandy

Ubisoft says they've been working on AC3 for three years now, so since right after they finished AC2. They've had a core team doing this while others did Brotherhood and Revelations, apparently.  

6. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 16, 2012, 01:17 Prez

AC3? Aren't we up to the sixth already?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 16, 2012, 01:05 Jerykk

I think people are starting to get bored of the series. AC3 needs to change things up but given its apparently brief development time, I suspect it will just be more of the same.  

4. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 15, 2012, 23:35 space captain

it would be very interesting to see them address the fomenting of revolution during the shogunate period of japan, but i suppose it would be crossing genres to focus on origins of ninpo and so forth  
Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 15, 2012, 23:06 Wookiestick

Call of Assassin's Creed: American Revolutionary War 2  

Love thy wookie.

2. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 in October Feb 15, 2012, 22:13 Bumpy

October?! Why so late?  

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer