Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show

A new The Walking Dead Website is online as a home to Telltale Games' upcoming episodic game based on the zombie infested comic series that's spawned the popular TV series of the same name. The site includes a FAQ as well as Playing Dead. Episode one is due in the spring, and the FAQ says it's "just around the corner."

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 17, 2012, 16:22 Ant

Yeah, season 2 is too slow. Season one was good.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 21:52 MajorD

I have a hard time playing cartoon graphic games, which is why I couldn't take TeamFortress 2 (TF2) seriously; that decision just ruined TF2 for me. Once I saw that the 'in-game' screen shot of this game was cartoon graphics, it instantly became a non-interest to me. But, that's me. Oh well, plenty of other games in the queue to play.

22. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 18:34 Creston

8 fucking episodes of sitting around on that fucking boring-as-fuck magical-food-creating farm, looking for that kid that EVERYBODY ALREADY KNEW WAS DOGFOOD.

Oh, and in the second half of the season, guess what? Yeah, they're gonna sit on that fucking farm some more. I can't wait to hear Rick's wife bitch and moan about stupid horseshit as well. Maybe they can teach everyone to shoot and waste some more ammo, since they were continuously worried about how little ammo they had in season 1. I guess it's awesome to have a farm that magically creates bullets as well as food.

Ugh. How to ruin a very interesting show (admittedly season 1 was up and down in quality) in like 3 episodes.

Creston

21. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 16:05 Beamer

Verno wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 09:56:
Shok wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 09:20:
The first season of the show was pretty good but this season it seems every episode has gotten worse in quality. The bad writing of meaningless dialogue is especially annoying.

AMC is a fledgling content creator and it really shows in how they are treating their properties. The Walking Dead gave them their highest ratings ever and they still tried to cut its budget significantly and fired Frank Darabont who refused to neuter the show.

You can see it in action this season, they are reusing sets like crazy and the number of zombies seen has dropped to low double digits as they try to save money on make up and extras. It's really frustrating because the scale and cinematography were some of the strongest aspects of the show and they're basically taking a baseball bat to them.

The writing has improved quite a bit but it's wasted on a plot that is going nowhere with characters engaging in meaningless drama just to provide week to week filler. They are really ruining the show and it's a shame because the first season had a lot of potential for setting up something special.

No doubt the writing has improved over last season. Last season it was beyond bad. Now it's just quite bad. I know I'm still bashing it, but there was a clear improvement in quality.

It's just still very low.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

20. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 09:56 Verno

Shok wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 09:20:
The first season of the show was pretty good but this season it seems every episode has gotten worse in quality. The bad writing of meaningless dialogue is especially annoying.

AMC is a fledgling content creator and it really shows in how they are treating their properties. The Walking Dead gave them their highest ratings ever and they still tried to cut its budget significantly and fired Frank Darabont who refused to neuter the show.

You can see it in action this season, they are reusing sets like crazy and the number of zombies seen has dropped to low double digits as they try to save money on make up and extras. It's really frustrating because the scale and cinematography were some of the strongest aspects of the show and they're basically taking a baseball bat to them.

The writing has improved quite a bit but it's wasted on a plot that is going nowhere with characters engaging in meaningless drama just to provide week to week filler. They are really ruining the show and it's a shame because the first season had a lot of potential for setting up something special.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

19. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 09:20 Shok

18. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 09:01 Mad Max RW

The show is only good if you wait until the end of the season and watch all the episodes together. Otherwise it feels like nothing is accomplished every week.  

17. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 08:26 Beamer

Probably the TV show with the worst popularity:quality ratio.

The actors are all terrible
The characters are all either terrible or unlikeable AND terrible
No one ever does anything
The conversations are never meaningful, and when they are they are repeated over and over and over
Some characters are apparently psychic
Most characters have no brain and do stupid things like scream at their husband not to leave then, five minutes later, decide he's moving too slowly and go on their own

It's a great concept with some of the worst, dullest execution. I get that it can't be all action, but it has to be something. You have to substitute something for the action. Plot or character would be nice. The show offers none. I don't know how you screw a concept like this up so much.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

16. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 07:02 ASeven

For me my problem with the show comes from having read the comics first. I expected the atmosphere of the show to be the same as the comics, about the survivors and survival in a hellish world but above all the brutality of that world. When you have kids shooting people in the second issue then you know it's a comic series that makes you question everything about morality. The show isn't that, the show pretty much lost all its edge, its teeth compared to the comics. The show is more like TWD verylite than true TWD based on the comics.  

15. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 04:20 Jerykk

there is on average about 3 minutes of zombie events per episode. the rest is just a bunch of boring people arguing about unimportant stuff.

Zombie fiction isn't about the zombies. It's about the survivors and how they deal with the breakdown of society. It's pretty much the same as any post-apocalyptic fiction, only with zombies instead of nuclear holocaust. If zombie movies, shows, comics, etc, were just about dudes killing zombies, they'd get stale pretty quickly. Coincidentally, that's why gamers are quickly getting bored of zombie games.

I'm interested to see how this game deals with the theme. There are still many aspects of zombie fiction that games haven't really explored, like infection, moral choices, survival, etc. Dead State looks to include all of those but I have no idea when the game is coming out. The Walking Dead video did mention moral choices with long-term consequences, so that offers a glimmer of hope.

14. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 03:14 bigspender

dj LiTh wrote on Feb 15, 2012, 23:46:
Wow you guys are jaded, its one of my favorite shows, better than any zombie movie thats for sure!

there is on average about 3 minutes of zombie events per episode. the rest is just a bunch of boring people arguing about unimportant stuff.

if the game is going to be as bad as the show, it will be about as good as a days of our lives game.

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

13. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 03:01 Umbragen

"
You’ll be challenged with problems for sure, but not classic ‘Adventure Game’ puzzles.
"

Thank the gods, I couldn't imagine a more wretched gaming experience. I just hope the episodic distribution doesn't become a problem.

12. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 02:18 Prez

Over all its better than 90% of the crap thats on tv.

Ain't that the truth.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

11. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 02:14 Illumin

Much easier to make a comic look great then it is to film a show just my opinion. Never been into comics myself but I do enjoy the show over all. Some slow episodes but the drama between characters adds variety. Over all its better than 90% of the crap thats on tv.  

10. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 01:24 Cutter

I like the show the pacing does drag too much overall. Feels like things are coming to a head after this last episode. And everyone likes Daryl.  

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

9. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 01:24 Prez

I never read the comic so I have nothing to compare the show to. I think it's pretty darn good myself. I just hope Telltale makes an actual game this time.

Such a shame about the Jurassic Park game. Plenty of potential for a great adventure with that property.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

8. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 01:21 Fion

I haven't read it but I hear the comic is real good. Sadly the TV show is terrible. The writing is terrible and the acting.. omg it is so grating.

Funny thing is I have a friend who thinks it's the best show since Lost. I didn't like lost either (after the first season), so.. to each their own.

7. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 01:08 born2expire

Wow you guys are jaded, its one of my favorite shows, better than any zombie movie thats for sure!

Did you read the comics?
Its not that show is god awful, its just its not the Walking Dead. Its like a pussier, whiner, version of some of the comic's characters. The only good person on the show is Shane, and he died in issue #6.

How can you say its better than "ANY" zombie movie? It pales in comparison to Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead. Better than any recent zombie movie, yes.

6. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 00:54 Agent.X7

Well, you know, nothing is ever good enough for jaded internet hipsters.

Personally, I enjoy both the comic and the show. I'm glad they're different, or there would be no reason to watch the show.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 00:28 Veterator

Well, the latest episode of The Walking Dead tv show was not very good. Bar scene couldn't save it. Hopefully it's a build up episode to a much better one.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo