Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Patch Today

EA's Battlelog has word we should expect a patch for Battlefield 3 today (thanks Battlefield 3). Here's word:

We are releasing a minor PC update that aims to improve general performance and stability and solve some reproducible crash issues. The update also includes support for the upcoming Intel “Ivy Bridge” product line and performance improvements on AMD Radeon 7xxx series graphics cards .

List of issues fixed:

Support for Intel’s new Ivy Bridge product line (as yet unreleased)

Fixes for two reproducible client crashes:
Operation Firestorm- Conquest Large – Fixed a client crash when users spawn in certain vehicles.

Canals - Rush – Fixed a client crash at the 2nd set of mcoms if the player drives a vehicle into the vicinity of the exploding rocket battery.

AMD Radeon 7xxx series performance improvements

This minor fix is releasing on the 14th February, 8AM UT. This download will be via Origin.

We would also like to inform the community that we have several ongoing developments with regards to balance and gameplay, performance, stability and the overall feature set that will be announced in the coming weeks.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 15, 2012, 03:31 Jackplug

I stopped playing this a week ago, bored shitless. The lack of map editor/sdk tools for mods is not much of a community game. Cant waste my time any further. The lack of VOIP in a team game is just laziness programming, TeamFortress 2 has it so why cant BF3.

All I have to say is metro and that map is just a waste of time, all maps should be able to take 32/64 players and the lack of want to fix the map so it can be played properly is just EA/Dice usual dont give a fuck attitude. If that was a community map it would of been fixed!

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 2012, 03:37.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 19:15 Frags4Fun

Matshock wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 18:12:
Frags4Fun wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 17:51:
Guys, Chill! It's BETA! They're going to fix it all before the full release.

Bwahahahahhaha!

Seriously though after the first couple of patches BF3 was very playable until the download-a-hacks took off.
EA better do something fast because SW: TOR is next.
I agree. I've got a couple hundred hours in BF3 and it's pretty stable. Most of the crashes that I've experienced have been due to my OCing. The biggest complaint that I have is that the stinkin Q key still spots things even though I have it set to my sidearm. Not much of a complaint actually.

This comment was edited on Feb 14, 2012, 23:46.

19. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 19:14 Nate

Stopped playing BF3 two weeks ago. Can only tolerate the same maps so long. Also I think the lack of built-in VOIP hurt my enjoyment.  

18. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 18:12 Matshock

Frags4Fun wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 17:51:

Bwahahahahhaha!

Seriously though after the first couple of patches BF3 was very playable until the download-a-hacks took off.

EA better do something fast because SW: TOR is next.

17. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 17:51 Frags4Fun

16. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 17:32 qsto

Cutter wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 16:44:
And they wonder why they get creamed by COD.
On PC? Are you delusional?

15. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 16:44 Cutter

And they wonder why they get creamed by COD.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

14. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 14:42 DangerDog

Verno wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 13:09:
Doesn't matter if anyone is surprised or not, it's shitty behavior that's frustrating regardless of how expected it should be. It's especially annoying considering it seemed like they were getting it a few months ago when we were getting regular twitter dev updates from Demize and co, now we're back to square one.

They do this with every Battlefield game, once it's released they reassign the core people who made the game to other projects and hand it off to a "support group" which usually consists of just a few people.

There's no way for these people to comprehend the inner workings of a game as complex as this, they make patches and usually break things that seemingly have no correlation to each other.

One thing that DICE did though was take the beta testing of patches away from a group called combat testers which was made up of dedicated gamers and handed it off to a testing facility EA set up in Romania. The quality control has suffered as a result, to say the least.

This is just a punkbuster issue that will get sorted out, if it hasn't already. The "big" patch is the one that will probably royally screw the game.

13. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 14:11 Matshock

When I saw that there were no cheat fixes in the patch I caved.

I finally bought MW2.

For $4.99.

Off of Amazon.

Then I plugged the activation code into Steam.

I figured since that might actually even cost Activision money it was OK.

I also paused the multi-player download. If I don't need it to play the SP game I may never install it.

Take that EA!

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 13:09 Verno

Doesn't matter if anyone is surprised or not, it's shitty behavior that's frustrating regardless of how expected it should be. It's especially annoying considering it seemed like they were getting it a few months ago when we were getting regular twitter dev updates from Demize and co, now we're back to square one.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 13:06 Beelzebud

Does this actually surprise anyone? I guess the real question is: Does this surprise anyone that has played a Dice game before.

It took them 2 years to put out a patch for 2142.

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 12:40 ASeven

Verno wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 12:07:
ASeven wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 12:03:
Apparently this tiny patch broke the game. Again. Lots of complaining about PB kicks after installing the patch.

Glad I didn't get this one, DICE has become a joke.

Yep, PB is totally busted yet again. They just sent out a message to all server administrators with a temporary workaround. Same old shit with Dice, so frustrating. I wish any other company could make games like this without all of the assorted technical problems, poor post-launch support and etc.

I keep suspecting that in this game and in BC2 the support for the PC version post-launch was handled by Mikael Kalms alone.

9. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 12:07 Verno

ASeven wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 12:03:
Apparently this tiny patch broke the game. Again. Lots of complaining about PB kicks after installing the patch.

Yep, PB is totally busted yet again. They just sent out a message to all server administrators with a temporary workaround. Same old shit with Dice, so frustrating. I wish any other company could make games like this without all of the assorted technical problems, poor post-launch support and etc.

8. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 12:04 Krovven

bhcompy wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 11:11:
I guess the question is when has DICE ever been good at communicating with the community? As far as I know, they never have been.

Exactly. I took a gamble on BF3, love the game, but it's filled with numerous technical problems that make it very difficult to enjoy playing the game. I still can't play Single Player due to the constant sound & video skipping, which is even worse in the cutscenes. The intro vid takes over 5min to play through despite being less than 2min in length.

Releasing a patch to support an unreleased video card before fixing the problems on existing video card series just pisses me off.

The last BF game I bought at full price (before BF3) was BFV. BC2 I got for $10. I gave Dice the benefit of the doubt and they proved to me again why I stopped supporting them after BFV. BF3 will be the last again at full price.

7. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 12:03 ASeven

6. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 11:28 Bhruic

Support for an unreleased product line, but no fixes for the various exploits in the game? Way to have your priorities straight.  

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 11:11 bhcompy

G-Snake wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 11:04:
DICE has shown that they've become one of the worst developers in terms of communication with community, it's become pathetic but not something we should be surprised by.

We were supposed to hear about a new DLC last week, nothing. We were told a real patch would be dropping in February, still nothing or no news. Battlefield 3, as much of a technical marvel that it is, is EASILY the most disappointing game in the series, much much more so than Bad Company games.

I'm sure I'm not alone when saying BF3 will be the last DICE game I've purchased. I'm expecting we'll hear an announcement about Battlefield 2143 and how DICE will be working on Medal of Honor 2 long before we hear anything about the new DLC/new content.

Good job destroying your brand and alienating your community DICE, at least you guys are still efficient at something

I guess the question is when has DICE ever been good at communicating with the community? As far as I know, they never have been.

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 11:07 deqer

"We would also like to inform the community that we have several ongoing developments with regards to balance and gameplay, performance, stability and the overall feature set that will be announced in the coming weeks."

Really? Why didn't you do this stuff already before releasing your game? Did you rush your release because of greed?

Isn't it a little late to be changing mechanics and shit? People have like maybe 300 hours into this game by now, and NOW you want to start changing all that shit players learned and have become familiar with?

Please take your late patches, and ongoing developments and kindly shove them up your ass.

3. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 11:04 G-Snake

DICE has shown that they've become one of the worst developers in terms of communication with community, it's become pathetic but not something we should be surprised by.

We were supposed to hear about a new DLC last week, nothing. We were told a real patch would be dropping in February, still nothing or no news. Battlefield 3, as much of a technical marvel that it is, is EASILY the most disappointing game in the series, much much more so than Bad Company games.

I'm sure I'm not alone when saying BF3 will be the last DICE game I've purchased. I'm expecting we'll hear an announcement about Battlefield 2143 and how DICE will be working on Medal of Honor 2 long before we hear anything about the new DLC/new content.

Good job destroying your brand and alienating your community DICE, at least you guys are still efficient at something

2. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Today Feb 14, 2012, 10:38 Verno

Yeah it's getting a bit tiresome. Dice claimed the new version of Frostbite would mean more frequent content updates instead of these huge 4GB patches that take 3-6 months. The worst part is that despite having several twitter accounts, 2 community sites, battlelog and forum CMs they have almost no communication with the fans. No one knows what's going on, when content is coming, what exactly it will be and so on. Several employees have been moved off to different projects as well which makes the whole thing even less clear.  

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo