Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Valentine's Day! Unless it's not, in which case, happy you don't have to buy flowers day! MrsBlue and I don't have any particular plans for this evening, though we may spontaneously decide to do something, though at the last minute it will surely have to be something kitschy like going to the diner.

Kitschy Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Loves Cadence Games.
Mr. Bree: Returning Home.
Links: Inspire Geek Love with These Hilarious Geek Valentines. Thanks Neatorama.
The Best Forever Alone Memes.
Mapping Stereotypes. Thanks Neatorama.
Stories: Blues museum planned for St. Louis riverfront.
Science: Scientific Formula for Tearjerker Songs.
Images: Westminster Dog Show - Glossy Photos and Well-Groomed Hair. Thanks j.c.f.
Media: Realistic Duct Tape Roses.
The Funnies: Icelandís monster unmasked.
Ugliest Tattoos.
Follow-up: Japan Tsunami Debris May Soon Hit California Coast.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2012, 09:08 Ant

Cutter wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 11:58:
... Blue! I knew you were popular but they're giving you your own goddamned museum!?!? What's next? A run for Prez in 2016?!?!
He's taking over the world.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2012, 04:24 Hoop

http://goo.gl/0bOjv  

Um .. Behind you...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2012, 23:05 xXBatmanXx

DNForever wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 12:23:
Apropos of nothing I want to let you all know that last night I had one of those dreams where you realize you're dreaming. I decided to jump up and fly in the air and was starting to control moving around too, when I woke up.

I tend to dream ALOT, and thus have lots of control of my dreams. I am told I am not getting good sleep, and going to look into a study on my sleep habits.

Controlling dreams is the shit. I too almost always choose to zoom around in the sky flying.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

8. Scientific Formula for why people like to feel good Feb 14, 2012, 19:42 space captain

People like to feel good because it releases dopamine in the brain.  
Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2012, 17:14 eRe4s3r

Indeed, i wouldn't be surprised if the EU would re-visioned at some point, it just needs another 30-40 years I'd wager..

Thing is, unified economy and trading systems and currencies are awesome, and i love the whole thing to death because there is a reason of existence for strong economic groups of nations (one being that this makes any kind of physical war (usually) impossible!), but it only works when you actually unify economies properly. Else you end up with lopsided super powers directing (Germany, France) the rest of the pack.

And the longer its lopsided the stronger these powers become, and the harder the "less" powerful nations fall when this thing ends. And Greece is probably the saddest example of it all. Ireland just got raped by their banks.... Portugal has weak economy and Greece.. has no economy.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2012, 16:34 Cutter

Well, it's true though. It just makes you wonder what sort of fantasy world the Greeks have been living in all this time. And I don't really know about Portugal at all so I have no idea why they're bankrupt, but Ireland on the other hand is bizarre seeing as much they profited from the tech boom. You just knew the EU could never work. Nice concept, poor execution.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2012, 14:23 eRe4s3r

If theres one nationality that needs love it be the Greeks, i would even have some pity, if I didn't know they ruined their own country for 50 years with splendor and mismanagement and now have the decency to complain that Germany prolongs and increases their suffering for its own gain.

Heck, that sounds wrong, but in a sense, its just poetic justice ;p You cheat to get into the EU, we cheat you back to 3rd world status. Awesome. And so, Germany became a dominant world power in Europe without firing a single shot and the Greeks are fucked and might very well end up a 3rd world country with the Drachme (which would be hilarious because .. you know.. Greece imports 90% of all stuff from the EU and so if they drop the Euro they are double fucked.

This is one of these things, where I don't know whether to laugh or weep.

Wow, i went off-topic there

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2012, 12:43 Killer Kane

Anyone else read this as "Inspire Greek Love"...

And think for a moment, WTF Blue?

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2012, 12:23 DNForever

Apropos of nothing I want to let you all know that last night I had one of those dreams where you realize you're dreaming. I decided to jump up and fly in the air and was starting to control moving around too, when I woke up.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2012, 11:58 Cutter

Holy shit, Blue! I knew you were popular but they're giving you your own goddamned museum!?!? What's next? A run for Prez in 2016?!?!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2012, 10:17 nin

Westminster Dog Show - Glossy Photos and Well-Groomed Hair.

I like the grabbing of the poodle's snoot, in the classic "don't bite the fuck out of me" pose.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo