Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities

Asked & Answered- Max Payne 3 and More... on Rockstar Games is a Q&A about their upcoming projects. As the title states, this is primarily about Max Payne 3, though there is also the perhaps unsurprising news that a follow-up to L.A. Noire is being considered:

While there won’t be any more DLC or additional content for the current release of L.A. Noire (we’re all too busy working on Max Payne 3, GTAV and other games to come), don’t count out the possibility of a new game in the L.A. Noire franchise in the future. We simply have not decided anything. We’re all very pleased with how that game turned out and are considering what the future may hold for L.A. Noire as a series. We don’t always rush to make sequels, but that does not mean we won’t get to them eventually – see Max and Red Dead for evidence of that – we have so many games we want to make and the issue is always one of bandwidth and timing.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 14, 2012, 15:26 Sho

Oh, lol, I didn't see my own typo, sorry :). I had a tab open with some news on the new Mad Max movie ...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 14, 2012, 14:01 nin

Got me now?

Yeah, the "mad max" part just threw me....I assumed you meant MP, but wasn't sure.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

21. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 14, 2012, 13:57 Sho

nin wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 13:30:
What????

He's listing games they took their time making sequels to, or making further franchise installments of. Now, Red Dead Redemption was a sequel to Red Dead Revolver, also by Rockstar. Max Payne 1 and 2 however were not made by Rockstar, not even published by them, so as an example of "some of our games we took our time to revisit" it's in no way valid.

I realize that he probably didn't actually intend to imply that Max Payne 1 & 2 were made by them, but that's how it can be easily read by someone less informed, which makes me feel it was phrased carelessly and arrogantly, with no respect for the original developers.

Hence, to repeat, fuckers. Got me now?

20. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 14, 2012, 13:30 nin

Sho wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 13:13:
We don’t always rush to make sequels, but that does not mean we won’t get to them eventually – see Max and Red Dead for evidence of that

Thus insinuating that Mad Max 1 and 2 were made by Rockstar.

Fuckers.

What????

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 14, 2012, 13:13 Sho

We don’t always rush to make sequels, but that does not mean we won’t get to them eventually – see Max and Red Dead for evidence of that

Thus insinuating that Mad Max 1 and 2 were made by Rockstar.

Fuckers.

18. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 14, 2012, 10:50 Creston

InBlack wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 10:03:
Im still scratching my head on why they never ported that very fine (Im told, havent played it) game to the PC. Maybe it would be too easy with with Mouse + Keyboard combo??

That, or it'd be too expensive to get it to not look like shit on the PC based on how many copies they think it'd sell. If they figure they can sell 2 million copies (unlikely, but let's assume), and it costs them 50 million bucks to redo all the graphical assets, it's probably not an option they're considering.

And again, they are undoubtedly working on another RDR. Just as they are working on GTA5. I fail to understand why people call Rockstar "idiots" when pretty much everything they touch turns to gold.

Creston

17. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 14, 2012, 10:03 InBlack

Im still scratching my head on why they never ported that very fine (Im told, havent played it) game to the PC. Maybe it would be too easy with with Mouse + Keyboard combo??  

I have a nifty blue line!

16. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 14, 2012, 07:29 Dev

Cutter wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 07:19:
Of course everyone wants more RDR. Screw LA Noire. How can they not get that?!?!
Because they are idjits?

People WANT TO THROW MONEY at rockstar, but they refuse to accept it.

They should kickstart for a PC version of RDR if they are afraid of funding issues. I bet that would get a pile of money. I'd do it if they sold it for $45 or so.

15. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 14, 2012, 07:19 Cutter

Creston wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 22:07:
Prez wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 21:23:
LA Noire was a bit underrated imo, but if they don't realize that everyone wants Red Dead Redemption instead (where is the damn PC version dumbasses???), then they are dense.

I'm pretty sure that R* San Diego is working on another Red Dead game. Biggest problem for them is, how do you follow up on a game as awesome as RDR? (And even more, a story as awesome as RDR's?)

Creston

Of course everyone wants more RDR. Screw LA Noire. How can they not get that?!?!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 14, 2012, 06:15 Ray Ban

Sepharo wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 23:58:
I'd be interested in seeing a Heavy Rain like game with L.A. Noire's face technology and Lie/Truth mechanic.

Speaking of Lie/Truth mechanics, why can't someone make a worthy sequel to Blade Runner?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/blade-runner

This comment was edited on Feb 14, 2012, 08:00.

"The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

13. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 14, 2012, 06:06 Dev

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 20:53:
NO NO NO, I want more Red Dead Redemption. I don't care which kidney I have to sell on Black Market Ebay, but I am willing to risk it for more RDR!

Or how about just porting the fracking thing to PC.

12. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 13, 2012, 23:58 Sepharo

I'd be interested in seeing a Heavy Rain like game with L.A. Noire's face technology and Lie/Truth mechanic.  

11. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 13, 2012, 23:42 entr0py

If they just fix the problem of the gameplay not being enjoyable, the series could be worthwhile. Even the pixel hunting, OCD item collecting, and shoddy logic puzzles of old school adventure games were more fun.  

10. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 13, 2012, 23:41 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 20:53:
NO NO NO, I want more Red Dead Redemption. I don't care which kidney I have to sell on Black Market Ebay, but I am willing to risk it for more RDR!

Yea, I would much rather have RDR, Bully 2, and GTA5 over Noire.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 13, 2012, 23:38 Pineapple Ferguson

PC version or I will cry.

Yeah.. WTF. I'm still holding out for RDR for PC, and I actually have nice Blu-Ray DVD player, I mean PS3.

8. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 13, 2012, 23:06 Elricsi

I bought LA Noire in the Steam sale.

Really enjoying it so far, and the city looks astonishing. I heard it was good, but the architecture and graphics have exceeded expectations. Plus I thought there was not much car hopping, but they have tons of cars to hop in whenever you want.

I guess they could use the same map and update it 10 years ahead for the next game.

7. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 13, 2012, 22:21 Prez

I'm pretty sure that R* San Diego is working on another Red Dead game. Biggest problem for them is, how do you follow up on a game as awesome as RDR? (And even more, a story as awesome as RDR's?)

PC version or I will cry.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 13, 2012, 22:16 Burrito of Peace

I wish they'd work on another Midnight Club.

Friends and family still have a blast playing that game over Live.

5. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 13, 2012, 22:07 Creston

Prez wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 21:23:
LA Noire was a bit underrated imo, but if they don't realize that everyone wants Red Dead Redemption instead (where is the damn PC version dumbasses???), then they are dense.

Creston

4. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 13, 2012, 21:23 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo