Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tribes Ascend Beta Key Giveaway

Those interested in Tribes Ascend now have the opportunity to get a key to the ongoing closed beta test of Hi-Rez Studios' upcoming multiplayer shooter revival. All you need to do to earn a key is to "like" the game's Facebook Page to earn a spot in the game's beta. This offer is good through February 22nd.

View
15. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Key Giveaway Feb 12, 2012, 12:35 Hump

For myself I gave it a month, I have yet to figure out a way to play it and consistently have fun. The potential is definitely there, which is probably why I keep going back every once in a while, but I'm not ready to fold Tribes:Ascend back into my daily gaming mix.

Ascend is actually a LOT easier than the original. Energy recharge is much faster, skiing is simply a matter of holding down one button rather than having to manipulate two keys and I suspect the hit boxes are more generous (though I might be wrong on that one).

While making a game more noob friendly may allow fresh players to acclimate quickly it also has the negative effect of becoming dull much more quickly. A learning curve will keep the game fresh longer and the feeling of reward when you finally do get a difficult kill makes the game ultimately more satisfying.

My suggestion is this: Pick a role and stay with it. The easiest and most fun for new players is the Juggernaut. Don't try to chase flag cappers or spam the opponents base. Just defend the generators. Trust me, you'll get plenty of action. After you've mastered that, start the Technician role. Turrets do serious damage in Ascend. Upgrade to two turrets and a thumper for yourself and you've got some easy kills coming. Just stay with your role, repair/defend. Classes like the Sentinel (sniper) and Jumper (capper/chaser) have a high learning curve and are best left for later. Focus on a role than trying to do it all and I guarantee you'll get better and enjoy it far more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 11, 13:19 Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Key Giveaway DangerDog
  2. Feb 11, 14:00 Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Key Giveaway KTR
  3. Feb 11, 15:06 Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Key Giveaway Sir Graves
  4. Feb 11, 15:42  Re: RE: Follow up UConnBBall
  5. Feb 11, 15:44 Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Key Giveaway Hump
  6. Feb 11, 19:02  Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Key Giveaway Jackplug
  7. Feb 11, 20:03   Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Key Giveaway Jerykk
  8. Feb 11, 20:12   Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Key Giveaway space captain
  9. Feb 11, 20:17    Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Key Giveaway Overon