Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime

The Ubisoft Forums has a post about a user unable to play Driver: San Francisco because the driving action sequel was unable to authenticate itself over the internet. This seems to be a result of the recently announced server move, which was not supposed to impact this game, as Eurogamer notes a Ubisoft tweet saying: "We apologize for the inconvenience, it seems some of you can't connect to games announced as playable during migration." They also say users have been having trouble accessing Anno 2070, which was also supposed to be playable during this transition. There may be a simple explanation for this, however, as the original forum post was edited when the posted discovered he could play Driver: San Francisco by using the provided "offline mode" option, though he does defend his oversight saying the large banner saying: "Ubisoft services are unavailable at the moment. Please try again later." There's no indication in the thread about Anno 2070 downtime that this workaround is available in that game.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 21:33 Creston

SimplyMonk wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 14:37:
It still confuses me as to why they couldn't just set up a false positive server to cover the downtime and then they wouldn't even have to bother with an announcement even.

That costs money.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 18:28 deqer

jeez, so many nubs in the world. all these teen nubs buy/playing this drm crap.  

21. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 17:55 NetHead

I love how they always say "it seems some of you" couldn't play your purchased games, when in fact without the server authenticating not a single paying customer can play that game.

Origin, UPlay, Steam etc, they can all go to hell, I will never pay for something I can't use when I want or be in a situation where they can just take away anything/everything I've purchased.

20. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 17:46 Prez

If ever a company deserved to fail spectacularly, it's Ubisoft. What utter idiots.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 16:30 Marvin T. Martian

STOP buying ubi---simple as that.

Those that continue to buy their products deserve what they get

18. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 16:17 avianflu

Ubi's explanation for this is that the recent downtime was bad enough that they felt compelled to move their servers over to somewhere else/something else. Not sure I buy it, but it is plausible I suppose.

Basically this downtime is annoying only for those who didnt crack their Ubi games. And that's a dreary thought.

17. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 14:37 SimplyMonk

It still confuses me as to why they couldn't just set up a false positive server to cover the downtime and then they wouldn't even have to bother with an announcement even.  

16. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 14:04 Verno

The early CS days were bad but I'm forgiving them that because they were literally pioneering something unheard of at the time. Since then I think I've been unable to play a game like one time due to something that was entirely their fault and that was for about an hour.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

15. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 14:00 necrosis

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 13:10:
For all that some people give it shit, I think I've only ever been unable to play a Steam game once or twice in the entirety of its existence. By comparison Ubisoft has had several instances of this happening so my confidence in them ever launching a credible client service with UPlay is nil.
I second this. Back in I think November AC2 was down for 2-3 days because of some fuckup with their servers. This was after the always on but you still need the internet at every launch.

I do not think I have EVER had DRM issues with Steam. Even when at friends LAN parties where the internet is shut off.

14. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 13:25 Creston

I hope the downtime lasts 19 weeks, so maybe finally everyone will stop giving Ubisoft money.

Creston

13. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 13:21 nin

there much great success with their Assasins Creed series of games.

Yeah, but how much of that was on consoles vs pc?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 13:10 Verno

For all that some people give it shit, I think I've only ever been unable to play a Steam game once or twice in the entirety of its existence. By comparison Ubisoft has had several instances of this happening so my confidence in them ever launching a credible client service with UPlay is nil.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

11. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 13:04 Optional nickname

While the gaming world screams F U UbiSoft, there much great success with their Assasins Creed series of games.  

10. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 12:41 meezookeewee

nin wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 11:41:
meezookeewee wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 11:38:
ASeven wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 11:09:
At this point I don't think anyone will ever buy any Ubisoft game for the PC until this DRM is fully scrapped. They sure are trying their hardest to make every single PC gamer in the world hate them with a passion.

I wouldn't buy any of their shit even if they drop the DRM scheme. Their disdain for the consumer is astonishing. Ubisoft can go fuck themselves.

Their shit catalog makes it a lot easier.

Honestly, I still have their older games: The Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy, the Far Cry games and the first Assassin's Creed. I just won't touch any of their new stuff.

9. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 12:37 ASeven

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 12:34:
I'm really surprised someone hasn't filed a lawsuit over this yet.

At least on the EU, where ubicrap's HQ is located, EU laws certainly prohibit this time of consumer abuse.

8. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 12:34 Mashiki Amiketo

I'm really surprised someone hasn't filed a lawsuit over this yet.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 12:01 ASeven

nin wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 11:41:
At this point I don't think anyone will ever buy any Ubisoft game for the PC until this DRM is fully scrapped. They sure are trying their hardest to make every single PC gamer in the world hate them with a passion.

I wouldn't buy any of their shit even if they drop the DRM scheme. Their disdain for the consumer is astonishing. Ubisoft can go fuck themselves.

If only they didn't have the most PC exclusive titles of all publishers... I hope the Anno devs either go indie or find a more adequate publisher, same with the whole Blue Byte house and the Trackmania devs. Ubisoft doesn't deserve to have such PC-exclusive devs and then treat their games with a piece of shit DRM like this, these devs deserve better.

6. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 11:41 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 11:38 meezookeewee

4. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 11:27 Techie714 ©

Shok wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 11:25:
In other news, Ubisoft has announced they are changing their logo to that of a facepalm.

LOL!!!

Obligatory: FUCK U UBISOFT!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo