Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars Battlefront III Outed?

Spark Unlimited has a job posting for a "Senior Combat Designer" position that PlayStation LifeStyle thinks may be for Star Wars Battlefront III (thanks Gamer's Hell). They piece together other tidbits suggesting a new Battlefront game is in the works using the Unreal engine, and here's the description that helped them draw this conclusion:

Spark is looking for a senior combat designer for a 3rd Person Action/Adventure sequel in a high-profile science fiction franchise currently greenlit for full production development for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC markets. The Senior Combat Designer will be responsible for collaborating on developing game design systems, AI behaviors, player mechanics, and game balancing, tuning and timing for a third-person action shooter on current-gen consoles.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 13, 2012, 10:28 RollinThundr

entr0py wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 01:33:
Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 01:13:
necrosis wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 22:38:
Star Wars Battlefield it is not and doubt it ever will be.

Probably not. But how fucking AWESOME would it be if they literally made a Star Wars Battlefield?

Creston

Exactly, it's always been a great idea, if only they could get a developer as good as DICE to work on it. Unfortunately they're headed in the opposite direction; Spark Unlimited is a big step down from Pandemic Studios.

I dunno Pandemic put out flop after flop towards the end, The Outfit? The Saboteur, The Lord of the Rings: Conquest? Sure they had a few good titles but never considered them a AAA developer by any means.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 16:43 bhcompy

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 02:26:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 02:20:
third-person?

third-person

Stab die console scum

Might have more to do with 3rd person being more suitable for lightsaber combat than with consoles, DummyDawg.

Indeed, no one was bitching about console scum in the Jedi Academy days

17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 15:25 Sir Graves

3rd Person Action/Adventure sequel

I always played the BF games in first-person, whether they like it or not. 3rd Person in shooters is yucky--light sabers or no.

16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 09:25 Parallax Abstraction

Spark Unlimited's development history is...well there's no other way to say it, it's bad. I don't know how this studio has managed to survive so long given the garbage they've been churning out but yeah, not much hope for this title with them helming it.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 07:59 TangledThorns

I'd prefer if it was based on the Frostbite engine. I hope this doesn't suck.  

14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 07:27 theyarecomingforyou

Didn't like Battlefront II. Not interested in a sequel. Why do they continue to pump this shit out when people would prefer to see a proper sequel / remake to Tie Fighter or Dark Forces?  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 02:26 CJ_Parker

DangerDog wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 02:20:
third-person?

third-person

Stab die console scum

Might have more to do with 3rd person being more suitable for lightsaber combat than with consoles, DummyDawg.

12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 02:20 DangerDog

third-person?

third-person

Stab die console scum

11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 01:44 Bhruic

Probably not. But how fucking AWESOME would it be if they literally made a Star Wars Battlefield?

It's one of those things that sounds cooler than the reality could ever be.

Although I guess people would finally have a rational for their cheating. "Dude, I was totally just using the force!"

10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 01:33 entr0py

Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 01:13:

Creston

Exactly, it's always been a great idea, if only they could get a developer as good as DICE to work on it. Unfortunately they're headed in the opposite direction; Spark Unlimited is a big step down from Pandemic Studios.

9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 01:16 netnerd85

Star Wars Battlefront III is gay? *gasp*

Or does outed mean something different now?

8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 01:13 Creston

Creston

7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 01:08 bhcompy

How about Battlefront with Frostbite 2.0? Shiat, Jedi Academy would be fun with lightsabers plowing down walls  

6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 01:07 Crustacean Soup

It's going to end up being saddled with New Trilogy stuff. Even if it's an otherwise good game, this makes me

I 'liked' Battlefront 1 and 2, but I could only play them for maybe a day or two total before getting bored (both were rents on the Xbox). They were repetitive: the games played the same way every time. They were linear: there was no room for experimentation, creativity, strategy, tactics, thought. And they were dead easy, with nowhere to go once you picked up the mechanics.

5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 00:01 The Half Elf

I loved Battlefront I, II wasn't bad except they should have left ground combat control's the same for ships as the first game, instead of just having the space controls for them. Also the Hero's were horribly implemented.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 7, 2012, 23:56 Elf Shot The Food

Spark Unlimited has been dropping hints about this several months, but apparently they can't come right out and say that Battlefront III is their latest project.  

3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 7, 2012, 22:39 Wildone

If its set in the prequels, fuck it. So sick of that clone wars bullshit  

2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 7, 2012, 22:38 necrosis

Another sucky Star Wars game. Really surprised they made Battlefront II after the horrible first game.

1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 7, 2012, 21:57 Prez

I really liked Battlefront. Even the parts taking place in the hated prequel timeline were well-balanced and fun.

I loved playing as Mace Windu, running around slicing people up with my purple lightsaber and doing my best Sam Jackson impersonation. "The force is with you now, motherfucker!!"

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo