Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battle.net Balance Live

Battle.net announces the Battle.net Balance feature is now live, hoping to strike a balance between convenience and value in paying for Blizzard products and services. Here's the deal:

Battle.net Balance is now live! As we announced previously, Battle.net Balance is a new feature that gives players an alternate way to purchase Blizzard digital products and services directly through their Battle.net accounts. Players are now able add to their Battle.net Balance using a variety of payment methods, and then use that balance toward Blizzard Entertainment products and services such as World of Warcraft game time; paid services, such as realm transfers and character name changes; digital versions of select Blizzard games, including Diablo II and StarCraft II; and in-game pets and mounts. In the near future, players will be also able to use Battle.net Balance for the digital World of Warcraft Battle Chest and WoW digital upgrades. In addition, with the upcoming launch of Diablo III, players will have the option to use Battle.net Balance to buy and sell items in the game’s currency-based auction house.

For more information, check out the Battle.net Balance FAQ, or head to the Battle.net Balance page in Account Management to manage your balance.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 8, 2012, 03:41 InBlack

Diablo3 is not region locked. You will be able to play in any region. But you can only use the RMAH in your own region. Look it up if you dont believe me.

As for Bnet 2.0 being crapola, that much is true enough. Its like they are limiting your online social interaction to the maximum possible extent ON PURPOSE. Want to make friends on bnet chat? Move along, nothing to see here....

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 15:29 FloorPie

eunichron wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 13:35:
Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 13:18:
KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 11:53:
Do they still block people in different regions from playing with each other for games like their starcraft 2 ? lol if so bye

Players should be able to choose if they want to play region locked or not for any online game. I love the idea of not having to deal with gold farmers and hackers from eastern europe and asia.

Not only that, but SC2 is still P2P hosted (as is every multiplayer RTS game), and it sucks having to deal with players from other regions joining and slowing down your game. It still happens with people with shitty internet in SC2, and I've run into a few Germans on the NA region, but for the most part it's a much better experience than SC/BW or WC3.

Yeah, unless you want to play with folks not in NA. That was one of the benefits of the mods that let you pick which server to use in SC/BW or direct tcp/ip in D2. When I can lose connection to bnet just playing single player on a cable modem there isn't much of a benefit that I see. I avoided most of the crazyness on bnet with D2 by playing solo or with trusted friends via direct IP.

I hadn't thought too much on the loot drops aspect either. Be interesting to see how much it becomes dependent on buying stuff from blizz or the auction house to gear up.

12. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 14:59 nin

deqer wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 14:53:
god, i hate this shit feature/service. we all know why it's really there.

So you can bitch?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 14:53 deqer

god, i hate this shit feature/service. we all know why it's really there.

10. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 13:35 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 13:18:
Do they still block people in different regions from playing with each other for games like their starcraft 2 ? lol if so bye

Players should be able to choose if they want to play region locked or not for any online game. I love the idea of not having to deal with gold farmers and hackers from eastern europe and asia.

Not only that, but SC2 is still P2P hosted (as is every multiplayer RTS game), and it sucks having to deal with players from other regions joining and slowing down your game. It still happens with people with shitty internet in SC2, and I've run into a few Germans on the NA region, but for the most part it's a much better experience than SC/BW or WC3.

9. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 13:18 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 12:07 Verno

No it's just a wallet implementation for battle.net.  

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

7. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 11:58 Acleacius

So is this some other service we are FORCED to run to play a game?  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 11:53 KilrathiAce

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

5. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 11:52 Beelzebud

The more I see the direction they're taking things, the less I like it.

Diablo 3 has gone from a "must buy", to a "meh" title for me.

4. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 11:18 Optional nickname

What is sad, and inevitably true, is Diablo 3 will not feature free 'found on the ground' nice loot, as compared to what will become 'fabricated by inside Blizzard' RMAH items.  

3. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 10:24 nin

Going to have to see how this pans out, but Bnet 2.0 was one of the worst things I have ever seen.

Imagine if Activision tries to use it as a storefront and competitor to steam.

2. No subject Feb 7, 2012, 10:22 lollollol

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2013, 11:11.

1. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 09:45 nin

I'll use this about as much as I use Steam Wallet. That is to say "not at all".

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo