Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

F2P Hawken in December; Beta Signups

The Hawken Website has news on this upcoming mech combat first-person shooter. They announce they are accepting signups for closed beta testing, though they don't reveal when this testing will begin. They do give an idea when it will be ending, though, announcing the game is due on December 12, 2012, also revealing it will be a free-to-play game.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

5. Re: jtw321@gmail.com Feb 6, 2012, 22:43 Parias

Blackhawk wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 22:35:
I like the idea, and I like the look, but it looks a little too twitchy. It doesn't seem to have the lumbering, walking tank feel, or the careful maneuvering that mech games are known for. It looks almost like Quake with a cockpit.

This is my concern too. It does look neat, but I was hoping for something a bit more... giant robot-ey.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. a Feb 6, 2012, 22:35 Blackhawk

I like the idea, and I like the look, but it looks a little too twitchy. It doesn't seem to have the lumbering, walking tank feel, or the careful maneuvering that mech games are known for. It looks almost like Quake with a cockpit.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2012, 09:04.

3. Re: F2P Hawken in December; Beta Signups Feb 6, 2012, 22:22 StreetPreacher

They should at least sell it for $5 or something on Steam. This thing has a ton of (well-deserved) hype and they've obviously been working hard. They should cash in! I'd probably pay $15 easy.  

2. Re: F2P Hawken in December; Beta Signups Feb 6, 2012, 21:58 Steele Johnson

The attention to detail in this game is quite amazing.  

1. Re: F2P Hawken in December; Beta Signups Feb 6, 2012, 21:55 Krovven

Looking to see what this was, I watched this gameplay vid. http://www.youtube.com/v/iVa7B1bLv8I&hd=1 Sweet!

F2P, but the FAQ mentions it being a downloadable title with a low cost. Will be interesting to see more details on this in the coming months.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo