Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Sanctum 2 Next Year

Joystiq has word that Sanctum 2 is in development for release on Windows PC and consoles next year, offering more of the Sanctum mix of first-person shooter and tower-defense game. "Sanctum has been a huge success on Steam for Coffee Stain Studios, and bringing the next version to console players as well as the PC market is a great next step to share this unique experience," said Ted Lange, executive producer for Reverb Publishing. "We all have logged quite a few hours with Sanctum and can definitively say that what Coffee Stain has in store for Sanctum 2 will blow the minds of Sanctum fans and new gamers alike." On a related note, the original Sanctum is currently on sale on Steam for 66% off.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Sanctum 2 Next Year Feb 7, 2012, 09:27 Kitkoan

Slashman wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 07:18:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 23:26:
I was a late comer to this one. Fun SP, but would love to do some MP.

My indie GOTY is The Binding of Isaac.

If you want to try multiplayer, you can hit up my Steam ID (slashimus).

Actually, it would be cool to get some Bluesnewsers together for some multiplayer at some point. (If we can drag them away from Skyrim...)

I have been considering getting The Binding of Isaac...I hear good things about it...but not its performance.

While I'm not playing Skyrim (I'm playing Fallout New Vegas still...) I'd be willing to try multiplayer when time permits it. My steam name is my Bluesnews name if you feel like trying with me. Be warned though, haven't played Sanctum in a few months so will be rusty

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Sanctum 2 Next Year Feb 7, 2012, 07:18 Slashman

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 23:26:

If you want to try multiplayer, you can hit up my Steam ID (slashimus).

Actually, it would be cool to get some Bluesnewsers together for some multiplayer at some point. (If we can drag them away from Skyrim...)

I have been considering getting The Binding of Isaac...I hear good things about it...but not its performance.

4. Re: Sanctum 2 Next Year Feb 6, 2012, 23:26 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: Sanctum 2 Next Year Feb 6, 2012, 22:09 Kitkoan

Slashman wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 22:00:
Sweet!

I followed these guys on Facebook and pre-ordered the original almost immediately. Game played great at launch and just got better and better as they added to it.

Multiplayer is a blast as well.

My only slight concern is: "bringing the next version to console players..."

That worries me slightly... Uneasy

From what I remember, there really wouldn't have been a issue with porting the first one over to consoles as it is. Its based on the Unreal engine which is easily tuned to consoles and it even supports controllers out of the box. A quick port (more or less)

Granted, lets see if it gets dumbed down or notn (hopefully not).

On a side note, never played it multiplayer besides with one friend (who would be beside me). Don't normally trust random games of any game and only one of my friends has this game.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

2. Re: Sanctum 2 Next Year Feb 6, 2012, 22:00 Slashman

Sweet!

I followed these guys on Facebook and pre-ordered the original almost immediately. Game played great at launch and just got better and better as they added to it.

Multiplayer is a blast as well.

My only slight concern is: "bringing the next version to console players..."

That worries me slightly... Uneasy

1. Re: Sanctum 2 Next Year Feb 6, 2012, 20:46 Prez

Awesome. Next to SPAZ, Sancrum was my favorite indie of last year. Need more maps out of the gate next time around though.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo