Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 7, 2012, 08:24 J

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 06:46:
Meh. When I arrest people I put everything down that they COULD be charged with. It is up to the City, County or other office to decide what to charge them with.

Might not even have been arrested for resisting arrest.....

I thought you just punched them in the face and then disappeared into the night sky, leaving the police to clean up the mess?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 7, 2012, 08:04 ASeven

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 06:46:
ASeven wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 06:12:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 22:05:
ASeven wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 21:13:
Arrested for resisting arrest...

Good grief...

He could have been arrested for any number of things, including fail to obey a lawful order, illegal gatering, etc etc etc. When clearing an area, they aren't going to stop and check his press credentials. They could have kept all of his equipment as evidence and never returned it had they wanted to....

But the only charges was resisting arrest. That is... scary as hell.

Meh. When I arrest people I put everything down that they COULD be charged with. It is up to the City, County or other office to decide what to charge them with.

Well, that's what the article mentions, the only charge is resisting arrest, which is appalling by itself. And then the police tampered with evidence, apparently, by deleting the footage of the arrest. If that ends up being proven then Miami PD will have a lot of explanations to do.

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 7, 2012, 06:46 xXBatmanXx

ASeven wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 06:12:

Good grief...

He could have been arrested for any number of things, including fail to obey a lawful order, illegal gatering, etc etc etc. When clearing an area, they aren't going to stop and check his press credentials. They could have kept all of his equipment as evidence and never returned it had they wanted to....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 7, 2012, 06:12 ASeven

Good grief...

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 6, 2012, 22:05 xXBatmanXx

Good grief...

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 6, 2012, 21:41 jdreyer

Maybe someone can recover it pro-bono, then he can post it on the web.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 6, 2012, 21:13 ASeven

Good grief...

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo