Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Game Reviews Feb 7, 2012, 09:19 RavingArmy

bobby, read the following quote a bit more carefully:

I can't think of another free-to-play game that pulls that kind of amateurish and idiotic money grab, though I suspect there may be more out there, and I further suspect they're all part of K2 Network.
(emphasis added)

The point of that line is an acknowledgement that K2 DOES publish other games other than APB Reloaded. I have not had the opportunity to review those games, and it would likely be a dubious opportunity if my experience with APB Reloaded is any indication.

Fundamentally, aside from the polish work on the graphics, the network improvements, and the rebranding from Realtime Worlds to Reloaded Productions, nothing has changed in this game. I'm surprised I managed to wring out as much as I did for a game that I've already reviewed once and for as little substantive change as I found within it. I actually had less fun playing this iteration than the original. Next time you want to vent some spleen, at least take a few minutes to actually think about what you're writing, and consider that the reviewers might actually have done more than what you assume to be sufficient.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Game Reviews Feb 7, 2012, 07:06 JaguarUSF

Prez wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 20:53:
As a reference, what did you score the original?

Never reviewed the original. Did review Lionheart and Fallen Champions. You are free to disagree

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 02:16:
Oil rush's biggest flaw is gone unmentioned The random movement of ships around a capture point means you can lose against an inferior foe because your good ships are at the opposite site of the war and while they cycle around you lost your entire other fleet.

I think there's too much luck involved there (you can't possibly time things to make it so your ships invade at the exact time when the enemy ships are on the opposite side of the platform. Plus, the enemy can't capture while any opposing ships are there. Plus, it can be countered by (a) having more ships or (b) having turrets.

5. Re: Game Reviews Feb 7, 2012, 02:16 eRe4s3r

Oil rush's biggest flaw is gone unmentioned The random movement of ships around a capture point means you can lose against an inferior foe because your good ships are at the opposite site of the war and while they cycle around you lost your entire other fleet.

Bad game-design at 11

4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 6, 2012, 21:55 bobbyweenus

Axel Cushing of TAE wrote one of the saddest reviews I've ever read. This guy must have spent less time researching the game than he spent with that forum post of a review.

At the end he suspects that the game is a part of the K2 Network. Solid detective work there Axel, as GamersFirst is publicly run by K2, and the APB: Reloaded website, has K2 Network on it's landing page as well as home page.

Excellent review work!

3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 6, 2012, 20:53 Prez

Not sure I agree with some of your complaints about King Arthur 2 resulting in its low score Jag. As a reference, what did you score the original?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 6, 2012, 19:16 Gas Bandit

Yeah, I tried out APB Reloaded too after it came out under the new publishers... it's one of the worst games I have ever played.  

1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 6, 2012, 13:48 JaguarUSF

Did I get sent to the "spam" folder again?  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo